Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
West coast ships from Munich

called the 800 number - car is at the port of exit and waiting for a vessel. Does anyone know what future ships are scheduled from port of Munich to the west coast? Anyone else in a similar situation?

Called up my CA but he did not have (didn't provide) the info.
Ads by Google
Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM

Mein Auto: Honda
The European Union has just authorized the 5 Trillion Euro Widening project of the Isar River in Munich all the way to the Black Sea. As soon as Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece & Spain pay off all the debt, the plan should be put in motion around the year 2150. At that point because of inflation the ECB will have to reauthozie the project. It is expected to be completed in the year 2170. At that point the ship which your F30 which has been waiting for at the "Port of Munich" will come in. ..

Relax dude, your great great great great great great grandson will thank you for bequeathing him a classic which has hardly been driven. I think you should contact some folks in Germany about suspending the entire car in some sort of wax solution so it will be rust free in the year 2170.

Please also make sure you have the necessary solvent handy and stored away for removing the wax.. along with an ample supply of spare parts and wear & tear items for this 158 year old classic.

Is it any wonder that your CA does not want to provide the info.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpilot View Post
The European Union has just authorized the 5 Trillion Euro Widening project of the Isar River in Munich all the way to the Black Sea. As soon as Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece & Spain pay off all the debt, the plan should be put in motion around the year 2150. At that point because of inflation the ECB will have to reauthozie the project. It is expected to be completed in the year 2170. At that point the ship which your F30 which has been waiting for at the "Port of Munich" will come in. ..

Relax dude, your great great great great great great grandson will thank you for bequeathing him a classic which has hardly been driven. I think you should contact some folks in Germany about suspending the entire car in some sort of wax solution so it will be rust free in the year 2170.

Please also make sure you have the necessary solvent handy and stored away for removing the wax.. along with an ample supply of spare parts and wear & tear items for this 158 year old classic.

Is it any wonder that your CA does not want to provide the info.
This is very helpful - so once the car reaches the Black Sea via Isar River how would it reach California?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: Honda
The Port of Munich is probably a customs / export processing facility if someone said so correctly. Ships do not come in to Munich as Munich is land-locked. Cars are trucked from Munich to the appropriate European "Port of Exit". My post was a friendly dig.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i ZSL Coming soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_2001 View Post
called the 800 number - car is at the port of exit and waiting for a vessel. Does anyone know what future ships are scheduled from port of Munich to the west coast? Anyone else in a similar situation?

Called up my CA but he did not have (didn't provide) the info.
port of exit is Bremerhaven, next two ships leaving for west coast are;

4/20 Topeka
5/5 Asian Vision

there could be other vessels (NYK line) leaving Bremerhaven towards Port Hueneme,CA

Last edited by ChelseaFC4life; 04-12-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC4life View Post
port of exit is Bremerhaven, next two ships leaving for west coast are;

4/20 Topeka
5/5 Asian Vision

there could be other vessels (NYK line) leaving Bremerhaven towards Port Hueneme,CA
Thanks - Are there only two shipping lines for west coast - NYK and WWL?

Seems my car is gonna spend at least 10 days at Bremerhaven.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i ZSL Coming soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_2001 View Post
Thanks - Are there only two shipping lines for west coast - NYK and WWL?

Seems my car is gonna spend at least 10 days at Bremerhaven.
My car spent 11 days waiting at the port. Arrived at Bremerhaven port on 3/14 and was there til 3/25
Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 PM

Car is in transit - that is a pleasant surprise. Randomly checked the online system and came to know.

This wait is really too much
Old 04-19-2012, 08:05 AM
New to BMW

Mein Auto: 2002 Mustang, 2012 328i
My Bimmer gets out of the production line on the 23rd. How long before it gets in line to be shipped?

Can it make it to the 5/5 ride?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:21 AM

If it is being produced at Munich plant...

It should. After production is complete, it takes 3-5 days to transport from the factory to the port of exit. A couple of days more at the port before it is ready to be loaded.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i
Hi ... I am in a similar situation - my car (335i sport, alpine white) completed production last wednesday. The BMWUSA tracking system states "your car has left the plant and is ready to ship".

Is there any way to determine what ship my car will get on? It will eventually be picked up in the western suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks.