Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-2012, 04:41 PM
heverlee heverlee is offline
Registered User
Location: AZ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Mein Auto: toyota
2013 X3 28i, 800 over inoice, good buy?

can't get 500+invoice.

is 800+ invoice still ok?

thanks
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 04-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Big W Big W is offline
Registered User
Location: around
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: F30 328 F25 X35, W209 AMG
Are you for real?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Wabbajack Wabbajack is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Colorado High Country
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 405
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
You can't be serious.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 PM
heverlee heverlee is offline
Registered User
Location: AZ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Mein Auto: toyota
sorry, I don't get it.

my local dealer quote me 800+invoice before TTL. just checking if this is not overpaying too much
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Big W Big W is offline
Registered User
Location: around
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: F30 328 F25 X35, W209 AMG
We understand your concern but this ain't a Toyota, it's worth every penny
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:31 PM
tpup tpup is offline
Registered User
Location: IL
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: FX
First, what is invoice? Then, I'll tell you what I think!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Wabbajack Wabbajack is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Colorado High Country
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 405
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
I can't even imagine quibbling over $300 on anything over $5000. And getting a BMW at less than $1000 over invoice is an insanely good deal. In my market 3% off MSRP is phenomenal.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Dragon2012 Dragon2012 is offline
Registered User
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by heverlee View Post
sorry, I don't get it.

my local dealer quote me 800+invoice before TTL. just checking if this is not overpaying too much
How much is the documentation fee, in addition to 800+invoice?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:31 AM
UncleJ UncleJ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,516
Mein Auto: '06 X3
If you really want to save $300 and don't mind the 6 hour drive over to SoCal then check with one of the sponsors here on the 'fest. You should be able to get $500 over (actual) invoice from one of them. Check the "best of bimmerfest" for names/internet addees. You won't have to pay the CA taxes since it is going to AZ -- in fact they might even have the car delivered to you there. Personally if you REALLY are getting $800 over actual invoice -- not "sticker" (which would be a huge rip off) -- it is not worth the hassle for a $300 savings. Buy it there.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Robocheme Robocheme is offline
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2001 Acura MDX
Truecar.com shows a regional advertisement fee of $500 that is part of the "Factory Invoice" price of $46,460. Would $500 over invoice be $46,460 or $46,960?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:12 PM
leighton leighton is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 56
Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
Ask the CA for a printout of the invoice or at least to show it to you on the monitor. It should show the dealer ad coop fee if it applies to your region. You may also see a BMW training fee. If the dealer is quoting raw invoice + $800, you are buying for dealer cost because dealers do pay both of those costs on every sale. The dealer gets a quarterly bonus payment of about 2% of MSRP, usually described as a "holdback" which you will not get any of. Even if the price is Invoice + ad coop + training + $800, it's still good but if you're a haggler then you may be able to get them to reduce that total to + $500 but as Dragon2012 pointed out, be careful of the documentation fee which I have seen all over the $120-500 range. This usually goes to the finance and insurance person who also will try to boost the price and gross profit with other add-ons, some of which you actually want, as a surprise pitch on delivery day . In addition, the registration service fee probably is marked up. If you are leasing or financing through the dealer then you need to see how the monthly payment amount is calculated because this is where the small print taketh away part or all of what the big print hath given. Also, of course, if you are trading, that is another way for them to take back some of whaat they have given.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Robocheme Robocheme is offline
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 2001 Acura MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton View Post
Ask the CA for a printout of the invoice or at least to show it to you on the monitor. It should show the dealer ad coop fee if it applies to your region. You may also see a BMW training fee. If the dealer is quoting raw invoice + $800, you are buying for dealer cost because dealers do pay both of those costs on every sale. The dealer gets a quarterly bonus payment of about 2% of MSRP, usually described as a "holdback" which you will not get any of. Even if the price is Invoice + ad coop + training + $800, it's still good but if you're a haggler then you may be able to get them to reduce that total to + $500 but as Dragon2012 pointed out, be careful of the documentation fee which I have seen all over the $120-500 range. This usually goes to the finance and insurance person who also will try to boost the price and gross profit with other add-ons, some of which you actually want, as a surprise pitch on delivery day . In addition, the registration service fee probably is marked up. If you are leasing or financing through the dealer then you need to see how the monthly payment amount is calculated because this is where the small print taketh away part or all of what the big print hath given. Also, of course, if you are trading, that is another way for them to take back some of whaat they have given.
Thanks, Leighton. I think that I'll start off with invoice + ad coop + 500 = ~47000. If I end up at $47,500, I'll be happy.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 AM
dudley07726 dudley07726 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 178
Mein Auto: 2012 X3 2.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
. In my market 3% off MSRP is phenomenal.
I purchased a 2012 2.8 with a list price of $46455 for $42590 in Feb which is under invoice if you go by True Value or Carsdirect.com. For some reason, I have a hard time believing that those show the true invoice price.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
heverlee heverlee is offline
Registered User
Location: AZ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Mein Auto: toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
I purchased a 2012 2.8 with a list price of $46455 for $42590 in Feb which is under invoice if you go by True Value or Carsdirect.com. For some reason, I have a hard time believing that those show the true invoice price.
I think this really depend on location. I have seen many times ppl live in the east get better pricing than the west (for many brands).

Was it easy for you to get to that price in Feb?

Even today, my local dealers would not go below invoice for the left over 2012 X3 28i.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-13-2012, 10:26 AM
dudley07726 dudley07726 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 178
Mein Auto: 2012 X3 2.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by heverlee View Post
I think this really depend on location. I have seen many times ppl live in the east get better pricing than the west (for many brands).

Was it easy for you to get to that price in Feb?

Even today, my local dealers would not go below invoice for the left over 2012 X3 28i.
It was done over the telephone. It could not have been any easier. I should say it was late Feb.

Last edited by dudley07726; 04-13-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Wabbajack Wabbajack is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Colorado High Country
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 405
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
I just got back from ordering my 2013 X3 35i fully loaded with full MSRP ending up at a hair under $60K with accessories like full Clear Mask (a necessity here) and a few other doodads. The only thing I didn't get was the driver assist BS as I don't need any stinkin' assistance! LOL

Anyway, my market is so competitive and the allocations are limited and high demand. We submitted for a May allocation which would build in late May and deliver early June but when he entered it into the system they returned that they will build it much sooner.

I asked for the Costco Auto Program price which is $1500 over invoice and it saved me about $2600. Without that I would have been lucky to get $1K off MRSP with them. They just don't have to do it so they don't. On the other hand, they would have been very willing to bargain a bit on the 2012 they had sitting there, but I like to custom order my cars and I am coordinating with my lease end so don't want the car for another few months.

This is my third BMW in 3.5 years and I was super bummed to discover that they took away the loyalty program where repeat buyers get incentives.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:57 PM
heverlee heverlee is offline
Registered User
Location: AZ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Mein Auto: toyota
When do you expect to get the X3?

I will be ordering this weekend.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
I just got back from ordering my 2013 X3 35i fully loaded with full MSRP ending up at a hair under $60K with accessories like full Clear Mask (a necessity here) and a few other doodads. The only thing I didn't get was the driver assist BS as I don't need any stinkin' assistance! LOL

Anyway, my market is so competitive and the allocations are limited and high demand. We submitted for a May allocation which would build in late May and deliver early June but when he entered it into the system they returned that they will build it much sooner.

I asked for the Costco Auto Program price which is $1500 over invoice and it saved me about $2600. Without that I would have been lucky to get $1K off MRSP with them. They just don't have to do it so they don't. On the other hand, they would have been very willing to bargain a bit on the 2012 they had sitting there, but I like to custom order my cars and I am coordinating with my lease end so don't want the car for another few months.

This is my third BMW in 3.5 years and I was super bummed to discover that they took away the loyalty program where repeat buyers get incentives.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-14-2012, 06:45 PM
TN_SUP TN_SUP is offline
Registered User
Location: Chattanooga
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28
There was bit of a feeding frenzy in the Southeast last February and I paid $43k for a 2011 Executive CPO with 13k miles and "new" MRSP of $47,700. Surely I'm not the only one who grossly overpaid. It was the only CPO white/tan within 300+ miles at the time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms