Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Valleyveal Valleyveal is offline
Registered User
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 2012 550i
Automatic Door Locks

Hey guys - newbie here. Just bought a 2012 550i with comfort access (and a bunch of other stuff, m sport, premium sound, etc..) Anyway, has anybody had an issue with the automatic door locks? Mine don't seem to work. I clicked the appropriate box in the settings menu but to no avail. I left the doors unlocked in my garage last night and when I came out this morning, they were still unlocked (fob was in the house away from the car).
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:17 PM
FPNY FPNY is offline
um, i dunno
Location: South Salem, NY
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 260
Mein Auto: 08 535xi
I don't think they are supposed to automatically lock when you leave the vehicle. They lock when you start the car and begin to drive. To lock the car when you are parked you have to either depress the button on the fob or hold the door handle, your comfort access will then lock the doors. If you have the auto locks on you have to pull the interior door handle twice to get out of the car when you reach your destination.....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM
ksoze ksoze is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 607
Mein Auto: 2011 E93 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyveal View Post
I left the doors unlocked in my garage last night and when I came out this morning, they were still unlocked
I would consider that the start of a good day.
__________________
2011 E93 M3 Convertible JB/FR | 2002 E46 M3 Convertible | 2002 E53 X5 3.0 | 2000 E39 540i | 1998 E36 M3 | 1988 E28 M5 | 1987 E28 528i
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:50 PM
jjsC6 jjsC6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,411
Mein Auto: See Sig
I just bought one last week, but I agree with the above. Don't forget to push the Start/Stop button twice, pull the door handle twice to get out and turn your head and cough twice before walking away from the car
__________________
2012 BMW 550 M-Sport
2014 Lexus GS350---Wife's car
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:52 PM
hanschien hanschien is offline
Registered User
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: 2012 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I just bought one last week, but I agree with the above. Don't forget to push the Start/Stop button twice, pull the door handle twice to get out and turn your head and cough twice before walking away from the car
Start/Stop only once is required. The car will shut off after it is locked.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:10 PM
snowboardjoe snowboardjoe is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle, WA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
The only time the car will automatically lock the doors is when you start driving (optional setting) or if the car doors are unlocked, but a door is not opened. After a few minutes it will lock the doors again assuming they were unlocked inadvertently by the remote.
__________________
Joe Morris
2013 X3 28i (prem, tech, cold1&2, conv, hud)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Needsdecaf's Avatar
Needsdecaf Needsdecaf is offline
Everything's Bigger in TX
Location: The Woodlands, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,104
Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanschien View Post
Start/Stop only once is required. The car will shut off after it is locked.
Not a good idea. Forget to lock the car and you're hosed.
__________________
2011 535i
Sophisto Grau / Oyster - Black Nappa, Anthracite Wood Gone but not forgotten.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM
jjsC6 jjsC6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,411
Mein Auto: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanschien View Post
Start/Stop only once is required. The car will shut off after it is locked.
I don't lock my car in the garage. Besides, your logic is not logical. If I'm supposed to remember to lock my car every time I pull into my garage, then how is that any different than remembering to push the button twice?

I've owned a number of vehicles with keyless systems that you only have to push the button once. All the talk in the world won't always change habits. They are what they are. But BMW decides to be the exception when there is really no upside to having the acc mode stay on with one push. How often does that need come into play? Even poor pitiful General Motors figured out the right answer years ago. Keep it in accessory mode until the door is opened.
__________________
2012 BMW 550 M-Sport
2014 Lexus GS350---Wife's car
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2012, 06:53 PM
markl53's Avatar
markl53 markl53 is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,084
Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I don't lock my car in the garage.
I didn't used to, but I do now every night since my neighbor's car was "violated" while it sat unlocked in his garage. Can't hurt to push the button and lock it, IMO.
__________________
BMW-CCA
Bimmerfest Supporting Member



2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2012, 08:09 PM
NCSUAlum NCSUAlum is offline
Go Wolfpack!
Location: NC, USA
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: 2011 535i xDrive
Just FYI: once you step outside, place your finger on the ridges on the handle (but not inside the handle!) for two seconds and it'll lock.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Stealth.Pilot's Avatar
Stealth.Pilot Stealth.Pilot is offline
The Driver
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,558
Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Not a good idea. Forget to lock the car and you're hosed.
I always do it the way he does it. Switch off engine, get out, then lock and shut down in one step. Seems like the way the designers intended us to do it. I have never forgotten to lock the car.
__________________

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Needsdecaf's Avatar
Needsdecaf Needsdecaf is offline
Everything's Bigger in TX
Location: The Woodlands, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,104
Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
I always do it the way he does it. Switch off engine, get out, then lock and shut down in one step. Seems like the way the designers intended us to do it. I have never forgotten to lock the car.
If your offboardnig of the car involved getting out two toddlers, a day's worth of daycare / school crap, etc., you might start seeing my point...
__________________
2011 535i
Sophisto Grau / Oyster - Black Nappa, Anthracite Wood Gone but not forgotten.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-13-2012, 05:06 AM
jjsC6 jjsC6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,411
Mein Auto: See Sig
I'm 59 years old. I've kept my cars in my garage for about 35 years now. I leave them unlocked because I'm in and out of my garage all the time and I like to be able to get into the cars to clean and generally work on stuff without having to go in the house and get my keys. I'll be damned if I'm going to let BMW off the hook for what is the single stupidest design feature I have ever seen on a vehicle. Like I said - if I have to remember to lock the car to shut off the acc mode, then nobody has yet explained how that is any different than having to remember to push the start-stop button twice. Either way it requires me unlearning something I've done thousands of times.
__________________
2012 BMW 550 M-Sport
2014 Lexus GS350---Wife's car
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale

Last edited by jjsC6; 04-13-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-13-2012, 05:29 AM
ihumphrey ihumphrey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dayton, OH
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 559
Mein Auto: 2011 535ix and 2011 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Not a good idea. Forget to lock the car and you're hosed.
I believe it all shuts down after 8 minutes no matter whether you lock it or not...wouldn't want to do that all the time obviously but once in a while would be fine I think.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Stealth.Pilot's Avatar
Stealth.Pilot Stealth.Pilot is offline
The Driver
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,558
Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I'm 59 years old. I've kept my cars in my garage for about 35 years now. I leave them unlocked because I'm in and out of my garage all the time and I like to be able to get into the cars to clean and generally work on stuff without having to go in the house and get my keys. I'll be damned if I'm going to let BMW off the hook for what is the single stupidest design feature I have ever seen on a vehicle. Like I said - if I have to remember to lock the car to shut off the acc mode, then nobody has yet explained how that is any different than having to remember to push the start-stop button twice. Either way it requires me unlearning something I've done thousands of times.
Well it can't be that stupid because I like this feature. I like the fact that the music is still playing until I get out of the car and lock it.

I'd vote for BMW keeping it this way. Because you always have the options to press twice, but if they did it the or way around I would not have the option to enjoy it. I think it is an example of BMW's attention to detail.

I do think an auto lock feature if you walk away from the car would be good too - it could be triggered by loss of key proximity.

Perhaps BMW needs to create something like Lexus Personalized Settings so you can fill out a questionnaire and the dealer sets up the car to work
__________________

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels

Last edited by Stealth.Pilot; 04-13-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:41 AM
jjsC6 jjsC6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,411
Mein Auto: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
Well it can't be that stupid because I like this feature. I like the fact that the music is still playing until I get out of the car and lock it.

I'd vote for BMW keeping it this way. Because you always have the options to press twice, but if they did it the or way around I would not have the option to enjoy it.

I don't think it is stupid - I think it is an example of BMW's attention to detail.

I do think an auto lock feature if you walk away from the car would be good too - it could be triggered by loss of key proximity.
So you don't think GM's solution of having it turn off when you open the door would work for both of us, and not force us to remember to do it?

BTW, I'll bet you dinner half way between Atlanta and Houston that if we took a poll the results would overwhelmingly favor GM's solution over BMW's.
__________________
2012 BMW 550 M-Sport
2014 Lexus GS350---Wife's car
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale

Last edited by jjsC6; 04-13-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Stealth.Pilot's Avatar
Stealth.Pilot Stealth.Pilot is offline
The Driver
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,558
Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
So you don't think GM's solution of having it turn off when you open the door would work for both of us, and not force us to remember to do it?

BTW, I'll bet you dinner half way between Atlanta and Houston that if we took a poll the results would overwhelmingly favor GM's solution over BMW's.
GMs solution is okay, but I do prefer BMW's current solution. To me it is much more elegant and consistent with a luxury experience.

I do support the notion of customization though - maybe there should be a personalized setting with options as to what triggers the full off.

I like the way Lexus has a questionnaire which you can fill out after 1 month of ownership and take to the dealer, and they personalize the settings for you. BMW should have that too. The iDrive customization would be fine too, but I think if you multiply the customization options it becomes too complex for the older people.

BTW I am 35 and I am in an innovation business so am more easily able to adapt to different processes. I think that may explain some difference in style preferences. I understand others may prefer a more traditional shut down process.
__________________

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels

Last edited by Stealth.Pilot; 04-13-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 PM
quackbury's Avatar
quackbury quackbury is offline
///Monkeyazz Duck
Location: Not In Kansas Any More
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,245
Mein Auto: 535iX M Sport; 328i Wagon
100 percent agree with Stealth. My car doesn't shut off till I want it to. When I am waiting in the car line waiting to pick my kids up at school, I like that I can listen to the radio and use Bluetooth, and I can get out to open the trunk for my daughter's lacrosse gear without interrupting the song or conference call I am listening to. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Applying the other guy's logic: I never would have bought a 911 because I was too ticked the key was on the wrong side; I never would have gotten a diesel because I was infuriated I couldn't fill up at the local 7-11; I never would have had iDrive, Bluetooth, BMW Apps or any of the other goodies, because I was too old a dog to learn new tricks.

In fact, my biggest complaint is when BMW DOES try to emulate GM - like removing the elegantly simple and intuitive cruise control stalk that they've used for decades, and replacing it with buttons on the steering wheel. Epic Fail. Though it will probably attract one or two Buick drivers to the marque.
__________________


Current BMW's:
2014 328i Sport Wagon, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K
2011 535xi M Sport TiAg / Black, ZPP, ZP2, ZCV, ZCW, ZDA, 2TB, 6NR, 465, 5DL, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Prior BMW's
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Sport
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 PM
jjsC6 jjsC6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,411
Mein Auto: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
GMs solution is okay, but I do prefer BMW's current solution. To me it is much more elegant and consistent with a luxury experience.

I do support the notion of customization though - maybe there should be a personalized setting with options as to what triggers the full off.

I like the way Lexus has a questionnaire which you can fill out after 1 month of ownership and take to the dealer, and they personalize the settings for you. BMW should have that too. The iDrive customization would be fine too, but I think if you multiply the customization options it becomes too complex for the older people.

BTW I am 35 and I am in an innovation business so am more easily able to adapt to different processes. I think that may explain some difference in style preferences. I understand others may prefer a more traditional shut down process.
See, now you know what you have to look forward to in 25 years. You'll be old and whiny like me! But just so we understand, for my age I actually do try to use newer technology. And the really good news for you (given that you are obviously a speed freak) is that even at 59 I have lost none of my desire for speed. I was showing over 160mph on one of my motorcycles just a couple of weeks ago.

I respect that we can have a....well, respectful conversation
__________________
2012 BMW 550 M-Sport
2014 Lexus GS350---Wife's car
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Stealth.Pilot's Avatar
Stealth.Pilot Stealth.Pilot is offline
The Driver
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,558
Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
See, now you know what you have to look forward to in 25 years. You'll be old and whiny like me! But just so we understand, for my age I actually do try to use newer technology. And the really good news for you (given that you are obviously a speed freak) is that even at 59 I have lost none of my desire for speed. I was showing over 160mph on one of my motorcycles just a couple of weeks ago.

I respect that we can have a....well, respectful conversation
It's true. It's like when I said I would never buy an automatic, and now I will never buy a manual.
__________________

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Emilner Emilner is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LI, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,292
Mein Auto: 2013 SL63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
So you don't think GM's solution of having it turn off when you open the door would work for both of us, and not force us to remember to do it?

BTW, I'll bet you dinner half way between Atlanta and Houston that if we took a poll the results would overwhelmingly favor GM's solution over BMW's.
I agree with you, it is one of the two dumbest things ever implemented in a modern vehicle. The other is having to pull the door handle twice to get out.

GM and ALL other manufacturers have the best solution, shut the car off and the accessories shut off when you leave the car. The worst part is that it is not a two step process. You have to press the stop button, take your foot of the brake and then press the stop again. Show me one person who has never driven a BMW who gets it right the first FEW times. I still restart the car sometimes. Only a diehard BMW fanatic would accept it.

If I knew about it before I bought my car I would have probably passed. If they don't fix by next time I will be a onetime BMW person....
__________________


2013 SL63 AMG black....
2012 750IL x drive, imperial blue/oyster, a finely loaded beater car...
2014 GL350 loaded for the wifey...
2012 650 Cabriolet M sport (gone)
2011 550ix M sport (gone)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Emilner Emilner is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LI, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,292
Mein Auto: 2013 SL63
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
100 percent agree with Stealth. My car doesn't shut off till I want it to. When I am waiting in the car line waiting to pick my kids up at school, I like that I can listen to the radio and use Bluetooth, and I can get out to open the trunk for my daughter's lacrosse gear without interrupting the song or conference call I am listening to. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Applying the other guy's logic: I never would have bought a 911 because I was too ticked the key was on the wrong side; I never would have gotten a diesel because I was infuriated I couldn't fill up at the local 7-11; I never would have had iDrive, Bluetooth, BMW Apps or any of the other goodies, because I was too old a dog to learn new tricks.

In fact, my biggest complaint is when BMW DOES try to emulate GM - like removing the elegantly simple and intuitive cruise control stalk that they've used for decades, and replacing it with buttons on the steering wheel. Epic Fail. Though it will probably attract one or two Buick drivers to the marque.
Actually didn't GM remove the cruise control stalk? I actually miss that stalk on my escalade. You never needed to look at it, it was intuitive but the magazine guys decided they hated efficient and bashed GM until they changed it....
__________________


2013 SL63 AMG black....
2012 750IL x drive, imperial blue/oyster, a finely loaded beater car...
2014 GL350 loaded for the wifey...
2012 650 Cabriolet M sport (gone)
2011 550ix M sport (gone)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:50 PM
jjsC6 jjsC6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,411
Mein Auto: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilner View Post
I agree with you, it is one of the two dumbest things ever implemented in a modern vehicle. The other is having to pull the door handle twice to get out.

GM and ALL other manufacturers have the best solution, shut the car off and the accessories shut off when you leave the car. The worst part is that it is not a two step process. You have to press the stop button, take your foot of the brake and then press the stop again. Show me one person who has never driven a BMW who gets it right the first FEW times. I still restart the car sometimes. Only a diehard BMW fanatic would accept it.

If I knew about it before I bought my car I would have probably passed. If they don't fix by next time I will be a onetime BMW person....
I have 500 miles on my car now (8 days old). Today I finally did it - I restarted the car by accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilner View Post
Actually didn't GM remove the cruise control stalk? I actually miss that stalk on my escalade. You never needed to look at it, it was intuitive but the magazine guys decided they hated efficient and bashed GM until they changed it....
I can relate. I've had a number of GM vehicles (for the record, mostly Corvettes and Tahoes). GM also has this newfangled thing that actually shows how much air you have in your tires. Yep, the exact pressure! Not that I want to get into it tonight, but that is another pet peeve. I've had two vehicles that I had to pull off a busy freeway in a not so nice part of town because my low tire pressure warning came on - only to find that I still had 30#s of air in my tires. On the other hand, I had a CTS Cadillac that I was driving, also in a not so nice part of town that I was able to watch how fast the tire was losing pressure and I was able to pull off and fix it because I had actually information that told me how bad the problem was.
__________________
2012 BMW 550 M-Sport
2014 Lexus GS350---Wife's car
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:07 PM
MSgtMel's Avatar
MSgtMel MSgtMel is offline
Familienwappen
Location: nicht zu hause
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 591
Mein Auto: '11 535xi, '14 X1 28xi
Amen, Ultimate Driving requires the input of accurate and detailed information.
__________________

Wir koennen alles. Ausser Hochdeutsch
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Emilner Emilner is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LI, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,292
Mein Auto: 2013 SL63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I have 500 miles on my car now (8 days old). Today I finally did it - I restarted the car by accident



I can relate. I've had a number of GM vehicles (for the record, mostly Corvettes and Tahoes). GM also has this newfangled thing that actually shows how much air you have in your tires. Yep, the exact pressure! Not that I want to get into it tonight, but that is another pet peeve. I've had two vehicles that I had to pull off a busy freeway in a not so nice part of town because my low tire pressure warning came on - only to find that I still had 30#s of air in my tires. On the other hand, I had a CTS Cadillac that I was driving, also in a not so nice part of town that I was able to watch how fast the tire was losing pressure and I was able to pull off and fix it because I had actually information that told me how bad the problem was.
I have to be careful what the last thing I read before I go to bed is. I had a dream last night I got a warning chime in the middle of nowhere saying I had 8 psi in the right rear tire

I will have to visit a page on women's beach volleyball before retiring for the night.....
__________________


2013 SL63 AMG black....
2012 750IL x drive, imperial blue/oyster, a finely loaded beater car...
2014 GL350 loaded for the wifey...
2012 650 Cabriolet M sport (gone)
2011 550ix M sport (gone)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms