X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Proud owner of a new-to-me X3!
I just purchased an X3 a few days ago, and would like to introduce myself–and my vehicle–to the forum!
I'm a college student in Atlanta, Georgia with a knack for German cars. I've owned an '05 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 BMW 335i Coupe, '04 Mercedes ML500, and now an '06 BMW X3.
After months of research I decided to buy an X3. I wanted something nimble, fairly quick, fuel efficient, competent in inclement weather (AWD), luxurious, and spacious enough for road trips with my friends. I found a great X3 in Chicago, so I had it inspected and flew up to make the purchase.
The vehicle I purchased is a Silver Gray '06 BMW X3 3.0i with 113-style 18" wheels, black leather, premium package, heated seats, heated steering wheel, xenons, Servotronic, OEM iPod integration, and I think it has OEM Bluetooth since I saw a module in the trunk. It has 114,000 miles on the odometer, three previous owners (lease, CPO, and regular), one "minor damage" accident, one rear-end collision, and zero service records other than what's on Carfax and the oil window sticker (yeah, I know). The interior and exterior are nearly flawless. I paid $7,400 out the door, but I'll also have to pay about $600 for taxes, title, and tag.
Here's my to-do list:
- CEL for vacuum leaks in banks 1 and 2 (light came on immediately after hard acceleration, one night after I had driven it 850 miles with no CEL)
- Possible slow oil leak from head gasket, haven't had time to investigate much
- Weird sound from back of vehicle when pulling into driveway from an angle, possibly because rear wheel has to articulate quite a bit (will post video with sound)
- Some-but not much-rust under vehicle that needs to be coated with something
- Replace pads and rotors within the next 1,000 miles
- Oil/differential fluid change within the next 1,500 miles
- Replace air filter for good measure
- Not sure if Servotronic is broken or just subtle
- Find a used spare tire
- Black paint peeling on driver's side mirror, probably just going to repaint myself
- Clear coat cracking slightly on crease above passenger's front wheel arch
- 2-3 small paint chips on doors
- Rear wiper sagging slightly
- Passenger's side HID bulb on the yellow side, replacing both bulbs with new ones
- Replace waterlogged third brake light
- Driver's side front speaker not working, either replacing with OEM or replacing all door speakers with aftermarket ones
- Tailgate doesn't latch all the way, hook on tailgate probably misaligned with locking mechanism
- Interior plastic cover on tailgate not attached very well
- Install new cargo area lights, previous owner probably removed them because they wouldn't turn off with tailgate not latching
- Replace cabin air filter for good measure
- New tires already purchased (Michelin Pilot Sport ZR-18 Y-rated all-seasons)
- Rain-X Latitude wipers
- Considering crossbars for roof rack
- German front plate
- Buy a second key
- WeatherTech custom floor mats
- WeatherTech cargo mat
- Aluminum pedals
I'll be using the search function quite a bit in the following weeks
Last edited by Sanders; Today at 11:36 AM.
|See More Related BMW Stories|
|Today's Posts Search|