Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by djassa View Post
With a 2011/12 factored 328xi I have some features described here like:

- Remote app working
- Bluetooth audio
- Message integration

and for sure idrive and connectdrive

But tried iphone with the white usb cable and connectecd apps was not successfull.

I seems that I need to retrofit the 6NR option to get apps and Internet access or just need to purchase a bmw assist plan?

Could you please give me more hints because all these option are so confusing

Thanks!
I would assume that there is Navigation in your factory setup, correct?

Yours is a Combox Telematics if the Remote app is working. And it seems that one Enhanced feature -Bluetooth Audio- is enabled in your Telematics configuration.

The Enhanced USB feature is missing as you cannot use the white Apple USB cable.

Internet access does not require the 6NR option, only the activation of that feature via coding and a phone with Bluetooth tethering.

Last edited by Technic; 04-25-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i Sedan (F30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Yours is the only Combox Media according to the P/N and its label, so far at least until 02/12 production according to the database.

In the UK this Combox Media can be ordered from factory in the Enhanced version -meaning Bluetooth Audio, Album Art, dual-channel Bluetooth.
I put in a email to my service advisor and he is checking with his shop manager to see if they will add the 6NR - I am hoping they don't force the Assist - as that is $250 6NR + $650 Assist = NOT worth it.

3RD party quotes I've been given were around $600
Old 04-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by KozmoK View Post
I put in a email to my service advisor and he is checking with his shop manager to see if they will add the 6NR - I am hoping they don't force the Assist - as that is $250 6NR + $650 Assist = NOT worth it.

3RD party quotes I've been given were around $600
The E9x BMW Apps retrofit just published (P/N 65902219127) costs $250 or so, and that is only the enabling codes (FSC) and no labor, no baseplate. Just programming.

There's no F30 BMW Apps retrofit published so far however the F10 shares the same Combox Media P/N with the F30, and the P/N of the BMW Apps retrofit applies to the F10. So logically this retrofit should apply as well to the F30. If anything, the F10 Nav/Combox should have more in common (software/hardware) with the F30 Nav/Combox than with the E90 Nav/Combox.

But technically it could be possible that BMW simply blocked most of the native features of the Combox Media implementation in the F30.

As stated before, Assist is only possible with the Combox Telematics. That is a different Combox altogether and not required for BMW Apps. The Combox Media also supports BMW Apps; this is a Combox Media retrofitted in an E92 with Navigation with the full suite of supported features enabled, including of course BMW Apps and no baseplate: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537592

Last edited by Technic; 04-25-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:13 PM

Mein Auto: 328 XI
Quote:
I would assume that there is Navigation in your factory setup, correct?

Yours is a Combox Telematics if the Remote app is working. And it seems that one Enhanced feature -Bluetooth Audio- is enabled in your Telematics configuration.

The Enhanced USB feature is missing as you cannot use the white Apple USB cable.

Internet access does not require the 6NR option, only the activation of that feature via coding and a phone with Bluetooth tethering.
Yes I have the NAV! so if I understand just need to activate the USB feature? Should I just contact my dealer for that and can get that option or need to go with an aftermarket retailer?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 07:11 PM

Found it:

Internet and apps are 2 different options that can be activated separately:

6NR is the apps option and Internet is the BMW Live option following this site all option are priced.
If you have bluetooth audio, office menu, etc... You have the Combox and these option can be activated, here we go

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/index.php...rive-retrofits

or for F30

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/index.php...rive-retrofits
Old 04-28-2012, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i
Quote:
The E9x BMW Apps retrofit just published (P/N 65902219127) costs $250 or so, and that is only the enabling codes (FSC) and no labor, no baseplate. Just programming.
Apologize in advance for what is probably a silly question. In my F30 w/nav, no BMW apps., I know I have the Combox Media. If BMW provides a retrofit, understand the programming component mentioned above. Unclear, however, what the labor and baseplate represents. Is the baseplate the Combox? Just trying to understand what additional work is required in addition to a programming update that would enable BMW apps.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
The baseplate is the part that goes into the console armrest that allows you to use one of the snap-in adapters for a phone or media player.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:59 PM

Asked the dealer for programing on a 12/2011 E92 and answer was that needs material parts and cannot be added afterwards.
Just want to know from when E90 combox do not need parts to add 6NR?