Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:10 AM

Mein Auto: toyota
How much does a CA make for selling a bmw

Just did an order today.

My CA was complaining the low commission he get for each order, which is 100 bucks (200 if I ordered at a higher price). He can only get bonus for selling 30 cars each month. And he only made 48k last year for 10hour/day x 6days a week.

I would think they make much more for luxury cars compared to selling toyota/honda/ford, etc. Not sure if he is real or not.
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW x3 35i
Some bonus programs may vary by dealer or manufacturer. But generally sales are paid on commission, usually 25% of the profit of the deal. This is calculated on the profit above dealer invoice. If you negotiated a deal very close to invoice then your salesman might end up with what they call a "mini". Mini stands for minimum or the least a salesman can make on a deal. You would have to be at 500 over invoice or less for this to kick in. Because they are paid this way most salesmen make about the same regardless of make that they sell. A low end vehicle has about a grand of profit where a higher end car can have 5-6 grand profit built in. But regardless of ordering or buying off the lot the salesman can make they same percentage. They just don't get paid immediately and most salesman only look a little ahead when thinking of a paycheck. I do think that it is very unproffesional to complain to your customer about how little they will make off of you. But basically the salesman that make the most give up the least amount of discounts regardless of brand. Hope this sets your mind at ease.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRubicon View Post
I do think that it is very unproffesional to complain to your customer about how little they will make off of you.
Word.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 AM

Mein Auto: '12 x3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRubicon View Post
But basically the salesman that make the most give up the least amount of discounts regardless of brand. .
can't a high volume ca afford less of a markup on each vehicle in order to make a volume bonus?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
Hmm, if the CA makes $5 on a sale then it's five bucks in his pocket. Sure he/she would push for the maximum sale price but why any CA would turn down a sale is beyond me.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 Acura MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Hmm, if the CA makes $5 on a sale then it's five bucks in his pocket. Sure he/she would push for the maximum sale price but why any CA would turn down a sale is beyond me.
I would think that it's limited by the sales manager if the dealership has a limited number of allotments. They'd rather sell to the next guy if they're confident they can get a higher price.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
Good point Robocheme, I never thought of the limited supply being an issue.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 M3
This is a difficult problem. Our CAs need to make a living and our relationship has real value. At the same time we hope to get value in the deal we negotiate.
If you don't support your CA, (s)he will go away.
10 M3 Sedan (sweet)
13 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
14 Porsche Cayenne Platinum Diesel

BMWCCA 4215
Old 04-17-2012, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi
That sounds rather low. I'm surprised. I guess they get perks around ownership of BMWs.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 AM

Mein Auto: 06 X3 Sport
Were his lips moving?

Don't believe a word that comes out of any car salespersons mouth and you will be much better off. Even a BMW, they are no better than any others.