Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 328i
Exclamation cc id 24 ...question

Hi everyone

yesterday after having a car wash went on 90 mile trip and on my way back i got a "cc-id 24" code ,abs icon in the middle and i believe a traction control light.
No changes in braking at all.Parked turned car off ,and after 15 - 20 min car started normally same lights came back for short period of tine , and disappeared . So far so good .

I had following errors :

1. Start Assist (CC-ID 354)

2. Brake and Stability Systems Failure (CC-ID 236)

3. DBC Assist (CC-ID 24)

I didn't take a picture but found one online (exact same problem)

Does anyone knows what is this and how much would cost to fix it ? I don't have a warranty (07 328 (e90 ).
I heard that code 24 and 35 is really pricey fix , i got 24 only

Thanks in advance

Last edited by 90rr; 04-20-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: update
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 AM

anyone ?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:51 AM

A little update :

went to mechanic ... he cleaned all error codes (it was coming as failed hydro pump system,ABS and i believe a DCT system) . He said that could be something little as a ABS sensor or some other sensor (forgot which one exactly) or even wiring. As i mentioned warnings came again after for short period and disappeared .so far braking and handling are perfectly normal . When I do a "System check" it comes Clean. I am wondering if someone had a similar problem? Found some info online and says that it could be a very expensive repair (around $1700) hoping that is just some sensor ...
Any inputs are welcome !
Old 04-20-2012, 06:01 PM

Lights came back again .Called bmwna ..not to much luck .It drives me crazy !!!!
I cant believe that no one ever heard for this problem .
Old 05-09-2012, 05:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328i
Exclamation caution light

I saw another post and it said that the caution light will come on if you are below 50 mile to empty on gas.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 PM

Mein Auto: anything not german
Sounds like a dsc hydro unit. Do you know the exact fault? Was it dsc pump motor connection? This is fairly common if so you need the complete dsc hydro unit.

Sent from my R800x using Bimmer App
Old 05-10-2012, 08:25 AM

yes code reader was showing a dsc hydro unit fault. went out and never came back .
Old 05-25-2012, 11:06 AM

Well ... i jinksed ! Lights are back ... same 'ol crap

CC-ID 236
CC-ID 354
CC-ID 24

driving me crazy... some say "wheel speed sensor" wheel bearing" "dsc module /pump" (hope not) etc.... . Btw i just find out that previous owner replaced battery just before i got it. So battery is around 2 year old .
does anyone experienced same problem ?
Old 05-25-2012, 11:06 AM

Called BMW NA and got 0.000 help. Thank you BMW !

Last edited by 90rr; 05-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: anything not german
Ok we need to know exact fault codes in order to help you not check control messages, multiple problems can set the same check control messages we need fault codes. Go get the exact fault codes and report back.

Sent from my R800x using Bimmer App
Old 05-30-2012, 07:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Similar Issue

Hello,

I have a similar issue. I get CC-ID 354, 24, 35, 50 - 2006 330i

Suspension Control System failed
Drive-off assistant has failed
Flat Tire Monitor failed

Also cruise control not active when faults displayed. Just started happening last week. Comes and goes.

All sorts for suggestions from Battery, speed sensors, hydro pump, wheel angle sensor. I replaced the two rear speed sensors and tested the front speed sensors which seemed fine and still the issue returns.

Before I follow the DIY wheel angle sensor I would like to see if someone can identify the problem. I have seen 4 different owners with the same or similar problem on the various forums.

Please post any solution as will I.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2012, 08:17 AM

Mein Auto: 335i
I have the similar problme. 24-354-678 dont know wjhat to do
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328i sedan
So ever since i dodged a debris that has fallen off someones pick up I have been getting a yellow brake light, yellow triangle, along with some CC ID codes. All i did when i dodge the debris was jerk the steering wheel left and slammed on the brakes. The dash board indicators are the yellow triangle with a circle around it and my parking brake in yellow. When i restart the car the indicators would stay on until i drive for a few mins and it would go away, but only to come back when i make left or right turns. if i was to drive straight or make wide turns, nothing would pop up.

Things that pop up on the dash:

Yellow triangle
tire pressure
brake (looks like this (O) )

The codes are
CC ID 24- Dynamic Brake Control Assist Failed
CC ID 35- DSC Failed
CC ID 50- Run Flat Indicator Failed
CC ID 354- Start Assist Inactive

I thought it was because i needed to get my brakes changed. so i changed all 4 rotors, pads, and replaced the sensors as well. I also reset all of the brake sensors as well, but the indicators would still pop up again.
i already check tire pressure, brake fluid, and pads are perfectly fine. i dont know why it the indicators keep coming up every time i turn left or right.
Any advise on what to do???

Last edited by BMW 328i Sedan; 10-04-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: 325d
hi guys, i had ccid codes 24,35,50 and 354 come up.
it was always on a motoway and always between 10 and 20 miles in to trip. scary! how much$$$. iread a few posts on here and discovered the run flat sensor worked on rotations and not pressure so i thought i would set all tyres to the same pressure.
anyhow touch wood i fixed mine for free.

this is what i did. i let all my tyres down to less than 20 psi( one tyre was almost 40 psi- no idea why) then inflated them all to 29 psi. i reset the flat tyre light and so far two weeks and several long trips later so good. no ccid codes

always expecting that annoying dong! though.

ope its long term fix and hope it works for you.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Hello, I posted earlier that I had the following - I get CC-ID 354, 24, 35, 50 - 2006 330i

The issue is now resolved and thought I would post what I went through to get the resolution. Thought this might help others in the forum.

Just a note on the research I did. Went through a number of BMW forums and after cutting through the noise and useless information I narrowed the problem down to the following possibilities:

1) Steering Angle calibration (not just choke to choke) Perform steering angle sensor adjustment/calibration per Repair Instructions RA 61 31 996?
2) Wheel Speed Sensor
3) Battery - low voltage - bad battery
4) Wheel Bearing
5) Fault in wiring
6) DSC Hydrolic pump
7) Alternator - fluctuating current
8) Wheel Alignment

For #1 someone posted a .05 fix where he argues the problem is due to poor soldering of the steering angle sensor. I followed the instructions, removed the sensor, and re-soldered some of the connections. It's an involved process which did not in the end resolve my issue.
For #2 I replaced both rear wheel speed sensors $200, and checked and cleaned connections, and checked the resistance of the front wheel sensors. This did not solve the problem.
For #3 BMW requires strong battery power for the electronics. Now my battery was loosing cranking power as the weather turned cold so I knew I had to replace anyway. Replaced and registered the battery but did not resolve the problem (but may have been the original cause). In other words, had I changed the battery and re-calibrated the steering angle sensor, that probably would have solved the problem.
For #4 I listened for the tell tale sounds of a word bearing and did not find this to be the issue and ruled it out.
For #5 This was a possibility as mice may have chewed through some wiring. One poster commented that BMW uses a vegetable base coating for wire insulation which attracts vermin. I left this as a last resort to be performed by BMW but did not have to go there.
For #6 a lot of posters had details about this being the problem. Big cost item. I checked the functioning of my ABS with the faults on and ruled out this as an issue.
For #7 I left this as a second last resort to be performed by BMW but did not have to go there.
For #8 I did not pursue this as only I drive the car, and there was nothing in my driving history that would have caused the alignment to go screwy.

I also thought perhaps it was due to my tires. I got rid of the run flats and also when I switch between summer and winter the tires are different. This was not likely the cause because I have been using the tire sets for a number of years without issue.

The lights came on while driving on the highway one day and stayed on for the rest of the trip. They would go off the next time I started driving but would usually come on at highway speed, and sometimes after driving in the city for awhile. This went on for a year with some variation.

I think when the steering angle sensor is thrown out of calibration for some specific reasons - it cannot re-calibrate itself. The battery voltage was the most likely cause, but could also be variation in tire pressure caused by the sun heating one side of the car and raising the tire pressure on that side.

So there it is, a year of research, experimentation, worry, and a lot of frustration with the information in the forums somewhat balanced by some useful information.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:47 AM

Smile

From everyone with this same problem, thanks so much for this. My fix is still holding out but should I get another I will work through your list.

Thank you mst 321
Old 11-18-2013, 06:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i
Problem solved, hopefully.

I wanted to add my own experience because I've gained such valuable information/knowledge from these forums.

About a month ago, I started getting these warnings-- I had CC ID codes 24 50 354 35. At first the codes were intermittent. They would show up on cross-town interstate drives but not neighborhood short-distance drives. I could stop and restart my car to get the warnings to go away. I tried deflating, re-inflating the tires, resetting the TPMS, turning the steering wheel lock to lock several times, but this didn't seem to help long term.

After a long interstate drive (400 miles or so), the warnings went from intermittent to constant. I popped off the front wheels earlier this past week to look at the wheel speed sensors. Both were mostly clean. I opened the boxes where the sensor leads plug into the wiring harness. Those boxes were full of rocks and other debris. I cleaned those out, wiped the sensors clean, and re-installed. That didn't help.

Driving this past week, I noticed I had a fast leak in my left-rear tire. I thought maybe the moderately fast deflation from a piece of road debris could cause the wheel sensor to fault. When I went to pull the wheel off, I found something that was both disturbing and embarrassing:

Attachment 408098

Yeah, that was my left rear tire, worn down through about 3 levels of cords. I know I'm lucky it didn't explode on me. But the good news: my local Firestone store was able to find and install a set of Bridgestones (on a Sunday). I didn't know if this would help my problem, and after driving away from the tire store, the warnings were still on. I stopped/restarted once, drove a cross-town distance on the interstate, stopped/restarted again, and the red TPMS indicator popped up. I knew that was a good sign, because with the 24 50 354 35 warnings set off, the TPMS was inactive. The red light meant the system was trying to work again. I pulled over, checked my tire pressures, and re-set the TPMS.

So far, all is good. I'm assuming the extreme wear on the LR tire caused a wheel speed sensor fault. Replacing all tires normalized the wheel speed sensor readings, and time/mileage/stopping/starting enabled the system to re-set itself.

Other notes:

1. In the midst of seeing that horrendously worn LR tire, I checked both rear wheel speed sensors for dirt. Both were significantly dirty, much worse than the front wheel speed sensors. I wiped both clean and re-installed them.

2. My steering column makes a squeaking noise when turning lock to lock at parking lot speeds (worse at cold temperatures). I initially thought the steering angle sensor could have been causing my problems, and that the squeak was a sign that it needed attention. This seems to not be the case.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-18-2013, 10:35 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
The wheel speed sensors work by picking up a magnetic field. It doesn't need a clear and clean field of view to operate correctly. The only exception is if a piece of iron or other metal containing iron got stuck between the sensor and bearing.

The steering column squeaking is most likely the collar further down the steering shaft, by the firewall. Mine also makes a creaking sound in cold temperatures. It's non-existent is weather above 40-50 degrees.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 11-18-2013, 07:32 PM

Smile Cheers guys girls!

Quick update on my free fix, six months on and 12000 miles down the uk roads, tutch wood still no repeat of error codes. there are so many hours of work and investigations done by forum members it was really helpful knowing many others had the same codes and fixed them. Although some of the fix's were above my skill level.

Anyhow my advice is read all the fantastic posts but try the free stuff first, it worked for me.

Good luck