Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-21-2012, 03:44 AM
jackson328xi jackson328xi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Salt Lake City
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 203
Mein Auto: 3er
Safety

It's not an F30 but it is an interesting example of BMW engineering if you crash going 186 mph

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11204204...00-kmh-186-mph
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 04-21-2012, 10:01 AM
samualcc samualcc is offline
I probably dislike you...
Location: Philadelphia PA
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 775
Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Ha anyone catch the M3 in the background? Anyone wanna bet they where racing? Or maybe one of the emergency responders is an M guy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-21-2012, 10:06 AM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,226
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
As I said in the M forum... Why I buy bimmers amazing anyone walked away from that!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-21-2012, 10:55 AM
dsackman dsackman is offline
Registered User
Location: Greater Los Angeles area
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: '12 BMW 328, '11 Audi Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
As I said in the M forum... Why I buy bimmers amazing anyone walked away from that!
Nobody "walked away"...

"Thankfully, the driver and passenger survived but both sustained serious injuries."



.

Last edited by dsackman; 04-21-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2012, 11:26 AM
pony_trekker pony_trekker is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NY
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,239
Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson328xi View Post
It's not an F30 but it is an interesting example of BMW engineering if you crash going 186 mph

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11204204...00-kmh-186-mph
Don't kid yourself. That guy hits anything harder than grass and you have two road pizzas.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2012, 11:54 AM
bcl0328 bcl0328 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Abingdon, MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 161
Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
Ha anyone catch the M3 in the background? Anyone wanna bet they where racing? Or maybe one of the emergency responders is an M guy
"The M5's passengers and their dog were rescued by the owner's sons who were following the M5 in a BMW M3 and a BMW M6 (what a family)."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-21-2012, 12:24 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,226
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsackman View Post
Nobody "walked away"...

"Thankfully, the driver and passenger survived but both sustained serious injuries."



.
lol ok, technically not walked, but until I hear they can't walk due to paralysis or death, owners 1: Death 0.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 04-21-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-21-2012, 04:19 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,034
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_trekker View Post
Don't kid yourself. That guy hits anything harder than grass and you have two road pizzas.
+1. There was a thread I started about a E92 crash on Easter where the coupé itself split into multiple pieces upon impact against a couple trees. And it was on a country road (Landstraße) where speeds are not quite as high although judging from the pictures it was clearly above the statuatory 100km/h limit.
__________________
Current Ø consumption: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-21-2012, 04:25 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,226
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
+1. There was a thread I started about a E92 crash on Easter where the coupé itself split into multiple pieces upon impact against a couple trees. And it was on a country road (Landstraße) where speeds are not quite as high although judging from the pictures it was clearly above the statuatory 100km/h limit.
We had one locally where a Women took an x5 or 7series at 100+ and took out a KFC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tal-scene.html

I believe the passenger lived because of the seat belts.


I'm just impressed anyones surviving 100+ mph crashes, and while these cars don't cloak you in invulnerability, they're on another level and should be commended.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms