Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:43 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 740 il
my new 2012 740 li

HI to all
I bought a new 2012 740 li , in March this year, but I am not satisfied with it, I having a noise when I am driving more than 40 km/h, for sure it is not quite inside not what I expect from it. I took it to the Agency , they drove with me and they told me it is normal in this series which I do not agree with them because I drove with few user of the same care and they told me that my care has a problem. Most of the noise comes left center where the front door close or left rear door (I have soft closing doors), there is noise comes from right side but less.
Also when I drive from a parking position I hear 2 click just under my feet , the a agency said it normal too because the ABS release which a gain I do not agree because when I bought the care it was not there.
By the way my friends the do not have what I have.
Take care
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 740Li (F02)
can you be more specific?

I have a 740Li since 2009 when the model came out, it is Quiet inside. There are no unusual noises.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 PM

Hi bruno787
Thank you for your reply
You might have double glass windows, new model is single, at least this what they told me in the agency, however this is not good excuse because other cars does not have this problem.
The nose which you asked me about is like when you have one of the doors is not fully closed and it increases with speed, also the left side is more than right side.
By the way the over to change the front windows to double but without giving grantee that the noise will go, which I did not agree to.
Thank you for taking interest
Take care
Old 04-30-2012, 01:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
The dealer will try to tell you that any kind of noise is normal. The only way to force them to fix it is to be persistent and take it high up the chain of command immediately.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 04-30-2012, 06:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 740 LI (Sold)
Hey Guys,

Sounds to me like the rubber seals around the windows and lower door panels are all dried up causing more sound to enter the car. I have seen it happen many times to new cars in the middle east due to the hot weather,

Thank you

Kind Regards,
MRajeh
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 PM

Mein Auto: 750XLi-Sport & X5
I was thinking the same thing as Mrajeh.
I'd bet dollars to donuts the sound goes away if you have the rubber door seals replaced. Used to be a very common BMW issue in the past, although I don't here much about it lately. Can happen with sunroof seal also.
Have the dealer replace the rubber door seals. Should be a relatively inexpensive solution, so I doubt they'd say no.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:09 PM

hi to all

thank you for your replies
i do agree that I have to take it up the chain, which I am doing now, by the way, there are few cars have the same problem too.
I told them about the rubber or the soft close is not closing the doors full, but they are listening to some inexperience (in my view) technicians
Thank to you again
take care
Old 04-30-2012, 10:17 PM

Hi RGSM
sunroof seal color is changing and becoming hard, when I told tem about it they said I have to apply a solution they have every week or after I wash the car, I said why I am having low cost or second hand car, they really made me go crazy.
I did ask them to change the door rubber, and as you said the are hesitating to do that.
I am send it to the soon and i will leave it with them till they fix it or i will take them to the court.