Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 12-19-2015, 07:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW Z4 35is
Shipping GCC Spec BMW from UAE to USA

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience shipping a newer BMW from the UAE to the US... New Jersey in my case. (Sadly, I'm not Navy anymore, so I can't get the government to do it.)

I have a beautiful, low-mileage GCC-spec 2014 BMW Z4 35is that I'm receiving offensively low offers for. So, I'm wondering about shipping back it to the US. It helps that I really love the car, as the idea of parting with it has been painful. (I know the Individual Hardtop is a matter of taste, so please don't mock!!)

In order of priority, advice that I could use:

- Any ideas who I should consult for the necessary conversions when back in the US? GCC spec generally implies larger radiator, but if anyone has any specific knowledge of my Z4, I'd love to know. Emissions???
- Any idea how to calculate duties/taxes that either the US or New Jersey might charge me?
- Any experience-based recommended exporters/importers here in the UAE?

I know I should just get rid of the car here, but as I said, I'm getting such ridiculous offers, that shipping it back is starting to make a lot more sense.

Cheers,
Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2109.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	542877  
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2015, 07:03 PM

Mein Auto: 13 ODY
Eric, Google is your friend .
Tons of info there

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
gcc spec, shipping, uae

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)
Today's Posts Search