Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 750LI
Door handle

Hello fellow bimmer lover!

I am a new owner of a beautiful 2008 750 LI, and I have a comfort access issue.
I read few threads about this issue and I was able to locate the faulty door handle. It is the right driver door handle that is malfunctioning as all other doors work perfectly. I believe that handle is the reason of the battery drain I have since my car always has to stop sending signal after about an hour. I have to press any button on the remote to activate the car. Once the car is activated, i can use comfort access to start, open and close doors; but that specific door will not open or close using comfort access.

I want to replace that door handle. I need to know where i can buy a new or used door handle ( car color is black). I do want to go to the stealership to get robbed. I have few threads here regarding how to replace the door handle. I never removed or opened that door handle to check to see if it may be a connection issue etc...

I currently do not have extended warranty. I got a quote from AutoPom for about 6.5k for 3 years. That is very high for a 3 years coverage.

Any help will be well appreciated.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Daily Driver: 02 Acura TL-S

Pleasure Drive: 08 BMW 750 LI

Previous Cars:
04 Dodge Intrepid - Wrecked
02 Cadillac Catera - Sold
98 Chrysler Sebring Conv - Sold
Ads by Google
Old 05-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 750LI
If I were you I would take the handle off...There are some very good tutorials on here (look for the one where you don't have to remove the door panel.) Inspect the handle for any connection issues, etc. and if you can't find anything put it back in and see if error still exists. If so, try looking on e-bay for a new handle. Good luck.

Sport Package, Rear Entertainment Package, Comfort Access, Cold Weather Package, Smoking Package, L7 High Def Audio
Mods = Powdercoated 149s, Black hood vent and kidneys, LED lighting update, BMW puddle lights (all doors), custom coding by "Triple_O_Coding" (including VIM), updated navi DVD from "PAPER", 90C hybrid thermostat.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:47 AM

Door handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesatman View Post
If I were you I would take the handle off...There are some very good tutorials on here (look for the one where you don't have to remove the door panel.) Inspect the handle for any connection issues, etc. and if you can't find anything put it back in and see if error still exists. If so, try looking on e-bay for a new handle. Good luck.
I can remove the door handle. I have the thread where the door panel does not have to be removed. I was wondering to know where i can see those wires after the handle is off. I guess i may see it once it's off.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Previous Cars:
Old 05-31-2013, 05:27 PM

I received the door handle today. It came off a 2006 bmw 750i. I installed the new handle and the comfort access works. there is now a new issue. It looks the door perfectly when I push, but when I pull it unlocks the RR (rear passenger) door. Very strange!!
I am trying to open the handle itself to switch sensors. I need help as I have no clue on how to open the handle to see the actual sensor. I believe the sensor should be on the chrome area of the handle as it is the area that is always hot to the touch. Please help!!!
I know that there is a guy here who mentioned that he opened his before and soldered some wires. Please help!! I will google to see if I can find something.
Thanks

Previous Cars: