Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 PM

Mein Auto: 740il 2001
740il Startup and Quickly Die

01 740iL - I recently fixed a valley pan coolant leak - After the Valley Pan repair, I reconnected all connectors, including the fuel line, and vacuum hoses.

However, after getting everything reconnected and turning the key. The car would try to startup but it shake, and quickly die.

I went back and reviewed all connection to verify that everything was still connected and they appear to be all connected.

One error thing that I did while trying to place the plastic mesh covered materia Vacuum pipe back into position. I bent it and it cracked. However, I can not feel the crack while in placed.

I thought that the car would startup fine, but may have some mis-fire issues because of the pipe.

I'm going to replace the pipe this weekend, However, I wanted to check to with you all to see if you think it's the pipe or maybe something is still not connected.

I'm also going to spaiy the connector with some contact cleaner. But wanted to see what you guy think? The vacuum pipe is item number 6 on the below link drawing... Help, me get my baby back on the road....

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...75&hg=11&fg=45

Last edited by bicha2; 12-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Ads by Google