Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-12-2012, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
2013 BMW X3 28i

Ordered mine on April 30th, 2012. Order may have been placed a day or so later, but my dealer told me we got a production slot right away and I notice on www.bmwusa.com that my X3 went into production earlier this week (around May 12th). My dealer has predicted that I will have it by Memorial Day.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 525 & 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by loscrivano View Post
Ordered mine on April 30th, 2012. Order may have been placed a day or so later, but my dealer told me we got a production slot right away and I notice on www.bmwusa.com that my X3 went into production earlier this week (around May 12th). My dealer has predicted that I will have it by Memorial Day.
That is about right, depending on transportation to Denver.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:23 PM

The CA has access to a more actuate read on the progress and its location, the online access pretty much tells you how long it is in production if you check it everyday but only a general picture. I got my personal video and I could sware I saw a smug on my fender. I won't think about that anymore:jaw drop:
Old 05-14-2012, 06:15 AM

Mein Auto: x3
My CA wrote this weekend to let me know that due to a delay in parts, many of the scheduled May vehicles have been bumped to June. Here is the notice:

We have been informed that Plant Rosslyn (South Africa) is experiencing production delays. Therefore, the majority of May production has been pushed out to June production.
You may notice orders in a production status for a longer period of time than usual. This is due to issues at this specific Plant.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
National Automotive Sales

On a more positive note, my status on bmwusa.com finally changed to the correct colored vehicle so things are moving along.....
Old 05-14-2012, 09:47 PM

Just pulled into my garage after programing the opener. So far unbelievable. the 28i has all kinds of power and sound great when the turbo kicks in. So from order to delivery in 30 days.
ordered on the 14th and picked up on the 14th. South Carolina to Anchorage Alaska in 4 weeks. Not bad
Old 05-15-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akview View Post
Just pulled into my garage after programing the opener. So far unbelievable. the 28i has all kinds of power and sound great when the turbo kicks in. So from order to delivery in 30 days.
ordered on the 14th and picked up on the 14th. South Carolina to Anchorage Alaska in 4 weeks. Not bad
South Carolina to Alaska in four weeks!?! Auughh! You're killing us! Don't tell me these things. Ordered 24 Mar and it's been 7.5 weeks now. Should be arriving at the dealer today here in SEA.

Sounds like everything lined up for you on the slot and all. What was the path for getting it to Alaska? Did it also go through Oxnard, CA or was it a totally different route?
Old 05-15-2012, 11:11 AM

From S. Carolina to Oxnard by rail then trucked to Seattle then Ship to Anchorage must have gotten in over the weekend. Guess I was lucky and the planets were in alignment.

One thing I learned today is don't trust Micorfiber towels to be clean when bought. Wash them first. I managed to put very fine scratches in finish already. Lucky I caught it early. Dam that new car finish is sensitive with Jet Black.

Learning curve is steep on the tech stuff and I read ahead in advance. Really only start learning when you are hands on. The Idrive is cool.:smoking:

2013 28i jetblack oyster fine line, premium, connivence, sport activity, winter, and cargo net
Old 05-15-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
From S. Carolina to Oxnard by rail then trucked to Seattle then Ship to Anchorage must have gotten in over the weekend. Guess I was lucky and the planets were in alignment.

One thing I learned today is don't trust Micorfiber towels to be clean when bought. Wash them first. I managed to put very fine scratches in finish already. Lucky I caught it early. Dam that new car finish is sensitive with Jet Black.

Learning curve is steep on the tech stuff and I read ahead in advance. Really only start learning when you are hands on. The Idrive is cool.:smoking:

2013 28i jetblack oyster fine line, premium, connivence, sport activity, winter, and cargo net
What brand of microfiber towels did you use? I have used them for years straight out of the package without a problem.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:57 PM

Cobra jr I think I rubbed too hard. Used a quick detailer.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Cobra jr I think I rubbed too hard. Used a quick detailer.
I use Meguiar's Quick Glaze and they have done great so far. I also use their quick detailer for bird droppings and just spot touching up.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:40 PM

a thought on the original topic: if a dealer only has so many slots whats to stop them from selling future slots and ordering up sooner slots to sell off the lot knowing the X3 is a hot number. Just a thought but if they have given you a production number you should be locked in for the soonest production and delivery.

Four weeks from Spartenburg to Anchorage

Just put 80 miles on my 28i, quite the machine......tomorrow Clear Car Amor before I chip the front end then a coat of wax NXT 2.0 and a gentle touch. also having a custom cargo liner made by Canvasback.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Ordered mine on April 20th, 2012. Order may have been placed a day or so later, but my dealer told me we got a production slot right away and I notice on www.bmwusa.com that my X3 went into production earlier this week (around May 12th). My dealer has predicted that I will have it by Memorial Day.
My X3 has just gone directly from production started to finishing touches as of last night! Next stop: dealership in Colorado. How long will that take?
Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
My X3 has just gone directly from production started to finishing touches as of last night! Next stop: dealership in Colorado. How long will that take?
I would just check with your CA and find out what the route is. They should have a good idea what the timing is as soon as your car finishes production.

I'm almost sure it will need to ride a train from SC on Norfolk Southern. For the west coast it needs to go to Oxnard CA first and then trucked from there. Since you're further east than that, I'm not sure if your car would need to that far. Maybe there is some intermediate stops along the way. If it needs to go to Oxnard CA, that trip alone is 10-14 days.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:34 AM

I am in shock. Dealer just called and said car will be available for pick-up on Tuesday or Wednesday. It is incredible how fast they are producing and delivering these X3s. Everything is running ahead of schedule!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:21 AM

Mein Auto: '11 s4, '13 x3
Quote:
I am in shock. Dealer just called and said car will be available for pick-up on Tuesday or Wednesday. It is incredible how fast they are producing and delivering these X3s. Everything is running ahead of schedule!!!
What!? Did they put yours on a midnight express train? Mine was finished on the 12th and CA said it'll arrive at Oxnard on 6/1 and be at the dealership 6/5. If you don't mind telling is the last 5 digits of your VIN higher or lower than 10749 (mine)?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I know part of it is the timing for slots for the dealer, but I find it frustrating that it will take up to 8 weeks to get my car (told about 5 by CA). Sat in Oxnard, CA for nearly 8 days before it finally got put on a truck to Seattle. I find I have to keep asking for updates rather than them updating me with progress.

Hoping it will be here soon. Definitely not zippy for me on the delivery.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:06 PM

Mein Auto: X3
You've got nothing to complain about. I ordered a 2012 X3 M-Sport in Nov. 2011 and I still have not yet taken delivery. Hopefully in another week from now, and my dealer assures me it will be a 2013 model.
Granted I live in Canada and we only get BMW castoffs up here.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm50 View Post
You've got nothing to complain about. I ordered a 2012 X3 M-Sport in Nov. 2011 and I still have not yet taken delivery. Hopefully in another week from now, and my dealer assures me it will be a 2013 model.
Granted I live in Canada and we only get BMW castoffs up here.
Oh, you're the one!

I remember seeing that thread earlier. You definitely got screwed over on that deal.

What's the latest? Last I heard it was on a rail car and due in on the 7th. I guess that didn't materialize?
Old 05-21-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decade2000 View Post
What!? Did they put yours on a midnight express train? Mine was finished on the 12th and CA said it'll arrive at Oxnard on 6/1 and be at the dealership 6/5. If you don't mind telling is the last 5 digits of your VIN higher or lower than 10749 (mine)?
Sorry mate looks like mine was much later. Last 5 is 11035. I don't know why this is so erratic. Do you think it has something to do with the color or the options we pick? Maybe you guys all got Sport or M and that takes more time? Just guessing.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:10 PM

Mein Auto: '11 s4, '13 x3
Quote:
Sorry mate looks like mine was much later. Last 5 is 11035. I don't know why this is so erratic. Do you think it has something to do with the color or the options we pick? Maybe you guys all got Sport or M and that takes more time? Just guessing.
I think they build cars in sequential vin order regardless of color/options, unless there's delay on certain parts. Yours was definitely built (5/15) later than mine (5/11), so the only explanation I could think of is that Colorado bound ones don't have to go through Oxnard. Nice color choice btw (mine is the same DSB/Osyter) Post some pictures when you pick it up.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 PM

my 28i delivered on the 14th has a lower vin#. I got lucky with a quick delivery. Doesn't take long to get it from Seattle and then its to the dealer within a day of ships arrival. I have to give some credit to my CA who got my order in in a timely manor and knew what she was doing thanks to years of experience.

congratulations to those who have gotten theirs. treasure the experience.

Took a trip to Seward Ak yesterday. 251mls round trip great stats 26.8mpg, great ride
Old 05-22-2012, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardjoe View Post
Oh, you're the one!

I remember seeing that thread earlier. You definitely got screwed over on that deal.

What's the latest? Last I heard it was on a rail car and due in on the 7th. I guess that didn't materialize?
Was supposed to hit the dealership on May 18, but haven't heard anything and still waiting, hopefully soon though.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Was supposed to hit the dealership on May 18, but haven't heard anything and still waiting, hopefully soon though.
Wow. I think you set a new world record. That's just amazing.

Hang in there. We'll be thinking about you!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:44 PM

Mein Auto: Alpine White F25 35i
Quote:
I'm at the same dealer as you... ordered mine early Feb. It just came in over the weekend... they supposedly have 21 that have been backlogged in shipping.

Hope yours is on the same shipment.

I'm insanely jealous of US and GTA people. I ordered mine way back when lbjgh was still test driving frickin Kias.

Last edited by Tangsta; 05-22-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Captain Amazing

My last digits: 10975.

Ordered at dealer on 5/5.
Dealer placed order on 5/7 or 5/8.
Completed: 5/15 (a day early)
"Put in carrier" on 5/21.

Should be here 23-25th. Hopefully delivery for the long weekend!