Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Captain Amazing

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Update: Dealer just called, arrived today 5/23. Delivery 5/25.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:02 PM

Congrats, that didn't take long,
Old 05-23-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanArcher View Post
Update: Dealer just called, arrived today 5/23. Delivery 5/25.
if you are in England, it only took 8 days to get it from the factory to dealer?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Captain Amazing

Connecticut.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:48 PM

that time line makes better sense. that's New England for you with names from the old country...........enjoy your 28i
Old 05-23-2012, 07:48 PM

Mein Auto: Soon to be 2013 X3 28i
I ordered a 28i on May 8th, saw the dealer do it. Still waiting for production to start. Seems like things are arratic on the deliveries, hope I won't have to wait too long. My CA won't return my phone calls.

2013 X3 28i - SAP, DDC, Heated seats, jet black, beige int
Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbmwvirgin View Post
I ordered a 28i on May 8th, saw the dealer do it. Still waiting for production to start. Seems like things are arratic on the deliveries, hope I won't have to wait too long. My CA won't return my phone calls.

2013 X3 28i - SAP, DDC, Heated seats, jet black, beige int
Go above your CA and call the sales manager and ask what week you are slotted for (to build). They know that information and can give you your exact build week. If they tell you anything other than that, they are lying.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
What exactly is the process on ordering?

Hey Guys! New to the board here and I ordered a 2012 X3 on Tuesday from my local dealer. At the time I ordered my sales consultant said that the manager had about an hour to put an order in. He anticipated that I would have a VIN around Monday or Tuesday with delivery approximately 7-10 days from then. I live in East Tennessee about 3 hours from the Spartanburg plant.

Also, does anyone have experience with the factory delivery process? When I asked my SC about this he just brushed it off saying that there is always a long wait.

Thanks and any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolX3Bimmer View Post
Hey Guys! New to the board here and I ordered a 2012 X3 on Tuesday from my local dealer. At the time I ordered my sales consultant said that the manager had about an hour to put an order in. He anticipated that I would have a VIN around Monday or Tuesday with delivery approximately 7-10 days from then. I live in East Tennessee about 3 hours from the Spartanburg plant.

Also, does anyone have experience with the factory delivery process? When I asked my SC about this he just brushed it off saying that there is always a long wait.

Living in TN is a definite advantage. Are you doing a Performance Center Delivery? That would sound ideal for your location as I did many years ago when I got my 2003 325xi and lived in Raleigh NC.

There are a lot of factors. Timing of the dealer slots will probably be your most significant. Your CA will have a very good timeline once it goes into production.

For me? It took 8 weeks. Living in Seattle plays a huge part in that timing though.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:56 AM

Thanks Joe.

Was that 8 weeks from order to delivery? What colors did you get and are you happy with them?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: 525 & 325
Quote:

I am in middle TN, Nashville, and ordered X3 28 4/16/12. It got to Nashville slightly over 3 weeks after ordering. Got the VIN about ten days after ordering but that did not matter. I got the production number four days after ordering and used it for tracking.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Thanks Joe.

Was that 8 weeks from order to delivery? What colors did you get and are you happy with them?
I got Alpine White and luv it. My 2003 525i was Alpine White.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Thanks Joe.

That was about 25 days from ordering to me driving away in it.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 AM

Thanks Joe.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:27 AM

Thought about the white

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebry View Post
I got Alpine White and luv it. My 2003 525i was Alpine White.
It is really impressive on the X3 but that is the only color I have seen around here and on the lots. I ordered the Space Gray since I thought that it would look good with the chrome highlights but I have second guessed since ordering. I like the silver also but agree with what someone else said previously about that being a very common color.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
It is really impressive on the X3 but that is the only color I have seen around here and on the lots. I ordered the Space Gray since I thought that it would look good with the chrome highlights but I have second guessed since ordering. I like the silver also but agree with what someone else said previously about that being a very common color.
You sound like my wife changing all of the colors. One day she wants Vermillion Red and one week later it is a green, Sounds like buyer's remorse. But, I wish I had added something too but I didn't.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:03 PM

Update

My 2013 X3 was ordered on may 8. CA says it went into production today, the website still says its in the order phase, maybe it updates nightly.

how long from production start to delivery? In Colorado?

X3 28i SA, DH, CW
Old 05-26-2012, 08:26 PM

Now the website says its in production. The ca estimates it'll be two weeks. The car needs to go to California on its way to Colorado.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loscrivano View Post
I am in shock. Dealer just called and said car will be available for pick-up on Tuesday or Wednesday. It is incredible how fast they are producing and delivering these X3s. Everything is running ahead of schedule!!!
Did you get the car as your CA said? Just curious as I'm also in Colorado and if you were only 5 days from production end to delivery, that would be amazing. And. It would mean my car is not too far away.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:36 AM

Mein Auto: x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen4488 View Post
I ordered my X3 on April 20th (I think it was put in the system April 22nd) and my dealer said about 5 weeks to delivery. I know a bunch of people just got updates for the May deliveries. I'm still waiting on my VIN. Hoping a few more weeks. How long is it taking everyone else in the US from order to delivery? The suspense is killing me! I hope I don't have to wait until June.
My X3 finally went into production today with an estimated completion date of June 8th. Assuming I get it the following weekend that will be 8 weeks for my order.

I think there was actually a problem with the order and it didn't get entered until May into the system (at which point the dealer didn't have any slots left so they gave me their first available in June). I could be wrong but - just because you have a production number does not mean that you've been assigned a build week. I had a production number but the vehicle was not showing up correctly on bmwusa.com until mid May when I pressed the dealer about delivery times. I think this is when they noticed it wasn't actually moving forward and corrected the problem in the order. Lesson learned.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen4488 View Post
My X3 finally went into production today with an estimated completion date of June 8th. Assuming I get it the following weekend that will be 8 weeks for my order.

I think there was actually a problem with the order and it didn't get entered until May into the system (at which point the dealer didn't have any slots left so they gave me their first available in June). I could be wrong but - just because you have a production number does not mean that you've been assigned a build week. I had a production number but the vehicle was not showing up correctly on bmwusa.com until mid May when I pressed the dealer about delivery times. I think this is when they noticed it wasn't actually moving forward and corrected the problem in the order. Lesson learned.

From what I understand the MyBMW site is a little over 24 hours behind actual production start. My dealer received my VIN and production start notice Wednesday morning around 11am and the site did not update until yesterday (Thursday) afternoon. That was also the time the vehicle color changed online.

Does anyone know how many days to expect the production to last? Dealer is thinking we will be in level 5 this coming Monday and we will have an anticipated delivery date.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbmwvirgin View Post
Did you get the car as your CA said? Just curious as I'm also in Colorado and if you were only 5 days from production end to delivery, that would be amazing. And. It would mean my car is not too far away.
I ordered mine in Boulder for a May allocation on April 12. It said "In Production" the entire time until May 14 when it said it was finished and being reviewed before shipping. I got the link to the video and word from my CA that it had arrived on May 16th, and then the next day the site finally said shipped, so obviously the site isn't accurate. I've read lots of posts that say the sameómany people refer to calling some number and entering your Production Number to get true accurate updates.

Meanwhile, my allocation was taken in April and for Week 17, so it delivered within about 2 weeks of that. I am not taking delivery until next week, however (long story) so it's just sitting there. And from the date of order to the date of delivery on the lot was only 4.5 weeks. And we asked them to slow it down but apparently they couldn't/didn't.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:47 AM

Mein Auto: x3
Quote:
From what I understand the MyBMW site is a little over 24 hours behind actual production start. My dealer received my VIN and production start notice Wednesday morning around 11am and the site did not update until yesterday (Thursday) afternoon. That was also the time the vehicle color changed online.

Does anyone know how many days to expect the production to last? Dealer is thinking we will be in level 5 this coming Monday and we will have an anticipated delivery date.
My vehicle updated first through the BMW 1-800 number and then through the website (both today). The 1-800 number says the estimated production completion date which is one week for my SAV. The website does not provide this information.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:24 AM

According to the 1-800 number my vehicle will finish production on Thursday, June 7th. Production began on Wednesday, May 30th.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
According to the 1-800 number my vehicle will finish production on Thursday, June 7th. Production began on Wednesday, May 30th.
That is about right, but I am guessing it will finish sooner. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. With mine, it was in finishing touches and then it was here about one day sooner than I thought, and you are closer.

But, I have heard they hold them a week or two longer for Vol fans.