Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E28 (1982 - 1988)

E28 (1982 - 1988)

Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Mein Auto: 535is
88 BMW 535is

I have a 88 535is needs u-joint and some other items. is there anywhere I can get some pretty reasonable parts for this car other than the Dealers. Even at the Dealers they tell me most of it is not in stock needs to special order. Please help!!!
Ads by Google
Old 05-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i 1989
Try bavauto or pelican parts

Andy
Old 05-06-2012, 08:15 AM
catso

Mein Auto: 2000 323i, 1988 528e
The best way to find the lowest price for parts is to first determine the part number. You can usually look them up by going to www.Realoem.com Once you know the specific part number you can do a search on any of the parts suppliers websites, or do a "megasearch" with this link: http://furiousmethod.com/ Some of Bimmerfest's sponsors are also excellent sources of parts including ECS Tuning, OEMBimmerparts, Tischer BMW, FCP Groton, and others. Go to the sponsor page for more links.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Your #1 BMW Part Source

Send a message via AIM to TischerBMW
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskatys View Post
I have a 88 535is needs u-joint and some other items. is there anywhere I can get some pretty reasonable parts for this car other than the Dealers. Even at the Dealers they tell me most of it is not in stock needs to special order. Please help!!!
We offer Genuine BMW Parts/Accessories at discounted pricing! It's unlikely we'll have stock on most items for this vehicle given its age - but if available within the US, we can typically get them in just a couple business days!

Pulling your vehicle up on realoem.com and then shopping by part # on our site here is probably the best way to find pricing/order parts. Feel free to email or PM for any help or questions! Thanks!

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Evan at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube