Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)

E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series E60 Sedan was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E61 wagon followed shortly there after. The E60/E61 5 series is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 04-25-2015, 08:03 PM

Mein Auto:
Help coding sport button

My first BM 530xi 2007 -2008 version interior 6 speed runs great just added the sport button to my cigarette lighter anyone know how to do coding what to buy and advice thanks
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2015, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your post to it's own thread, you will get more help this way. I have a feeling this has been discussed before. Have you searched around?

Tim
Old 04-27-2015, 07:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 525i Sedan
Hi and welcome to the forums!

I thought the Sport mode was automatic once you finished connecting all the cables.
Check out the video link on how he installed the new version of the Sport button.

New version of sport button.

No programing done. If yours is not working, I'm not sure as to why.
I believe it's for all E60 modeled vehicles.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:01 PM

Mein Auto:
Thanks i didn't explain myself i already installed the sport button it activates when i push down my cigarette lighter thats what i meant to brag about my question was where can i get coding programs and what is there to code on a e60??
Old 04-27-2015, 11:02 PM

You will need a program called, NCS Expert. I bought a package with that program and a few others that came with it. See eBay link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321404780384...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This deal goes for $25 and includes the cable.

The main things I plan to use is to "add" an AUX port to my selection screen since my modeled vehicle doesn't have an AUX option.
Other misc. stuff I have to do is install a AUX cable, which I have already.

You will need a laptop running Windows XP (32 bit) if you run 64 bit, you will most likely not be able to run the program. The program won't work on any other version because I tried to use Windows 8.

Another programing feature I'd like to edit is to disable the seat belt warning chime.

Other than that, I haven't made time to research other stuff I can do with the program, just two at the moment since I'm busy. I will post pictures of my interior once I'm done with my AUX port and Sport mode mod.

Cheers!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:06 PM
wat's dat noise

Mein Auto: '04 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by papiofdyear View Post
Thanks i didn't explain myself i already installed the sport button it activates when i push down my cigarette lighter thats what i meant to brag about my question was where can i get coding programs and what is there to code on a e60??
why do you need to push yr cigarette lighter to activate the sports mode when you already have the button?
Old 04-28-2015, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moots View Post
why do you need to push yr cigarette lighter to activate the sports mode when you already have the button?
I think he modified the cigarette lighter as the ON/OFF switch for his sport mode.

He probably doesn't smoke, so I think that would make the most sense. Next to it being hidden and stock. No noticeable mods, no drilling would be seen.

The link I posted forces you to drill a hole for the LED ON/OFF switch below the gear shifter. Which I don't mind and I'm going to install soon.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:51 AM
wat's dat noise

Mein Auto: '04 525i
well....I have done this mod and it really doesn't make sense to not want to have the button fitted.it really looks cool with the amber lights when switched on.though sadly it does nothing in terms of power in my case.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i, Fiat 500e
Well it isn't a power modification and it really isn't a transmission modification. Without the actual SAT program flash via WinKFP it's a lot of work for nothing, IMO. The software is where the faster shifts and throttle blips occur comes from.

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E45 map, Feul_it Stg2 LPFP, Performance Gearing LSD.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Master of my domain

Mein Auto: 2007 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by papiofdyear View Post
bmwcoding.com has a lot more info than you'll find here. There's a spreadsheet there with a list of items by model year that have been successfully coded with NCSExpert.. Once you get your feet wet with those, you'll learn how to experiment with other things. Here's a list of what I've done so far:

Seat heater display comes up in iDrive when heat button pushed
Seat heat hi-med-low slider in iDrive
Select the AE as the DRL
Welcome lights in lights menu
Soft-on for welcome lights
Light sensor sensitivity in settings menu in iDrive
Enable pathway lighting function on key fob
Cornering lights in settings menu in iDrive
Adaptive lights in settings menu in iDrive
No legal notice on iDrive startup
Unlock doors after pressing Stop button
Close windows via fob
Close sunroof with rain sensor (I haven't confirmed that is works. I don't have the guts to leave the sunroof open in the rain to test.)
Climate fan speed display via orange light around manual speed knob even in automatic climate mode
Remember AC off setting
Digital speedometer in cluster with true car speed (easy first change, but I never use it anymore)

Another option is the BMWhat iPhone/Android apps. This is a more user-friendly option that doesn't require software that can be frustrating to install and configure. You can also use it to read and clear fault codes. However, it doesn't offer as many options as NCSExpert does.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:02 PM

Mein Auto:
Help coding sport button

Last edited by papiofdyear; 06-29-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto:
Help coding sport button

Quote:
Originally Posted by moots View Post
well....I have done this mod and it really doesn't make sense to not want to have the button fitted.it really looks cool with the amber lights when switched on.though sadly it does nothing in terms of power in my case.

My 530xi did not come up with the button fitted 1 saved money did not have to buy a button 2 i don't smoke 3 i like to keep my things low profile 4 it cool to watch the draw opening slowly rolf so far working great ....

Last edited by papiofdyear; 06-29-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old Today, 09:01 AM
****ie

Mein Auto: 1996 Volvo 850
any idea if this mod will improve driving experience on completely stock 2010 535i xdrive 6mt ?

heard about it before, you have to short some wires behind the glove box right??

and i got BMWhat .... as polecat said, it is somewhat limited but all the basic stuff is in there.

Im also thinking getting and xp laptop and trying that route myself, eventough im not too keen on computer programming. Ill still give it a shot.
Old Today, 09:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535i
You dont have to have windows XP for the software to work the new software works perfect on my windows 7 and windows 8