Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest East 2012 sponsored by Turner Motorsport

Bimmerfest East 2012 sponsored by Turner Motorsport
The 2nd annual East Coast Bimmerfest show will be held on August 25, 2012 at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, MD!
Sponsored by Turner Motorsport

Old 05-07-2012, 06:54 AM

Mein Auto: 01 330CI
Question

Whats up everyone? Planning to go Bimmerfest in MD for 1st time. Was just wondering if anybody knows what else is out there for fun. Need to see if I should make this a 1 day thing or stay a night or 2
Ads by Google
Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
This will only be the second year of bimmerfet on the east coast. Not too much going on yet, and not many people knew about it last year
I Desperately tried to get a caravan going from the hampton roads area VA and people were leaving hours before the scheduled time. I can't be too mad because that was the first time on this coast and I also was a part of the san diego caravan (below) on the west coast last year so I was a little desperate. It was my wife and daughter in my 530 and me in my X5. I had funny writing all over my X to make for a nice caravan. After we stayed at the meeting point for an hour and no one showed we left and decided to stay at a hotel 30 minutes away so we could meet up with a few bimmers the morning before the fest which ended up being cool. We went to an orioles game saturday night (this year they're playing in baltimore again against the blue jays I think). So the east coast has to get a few more years in to be as advanced as the west coast right now. Sorry for the sob story, but once you're part of a caravan, you'll always want to be part of one, but there's no autocross or other car events that i know of right now, unless you try to start your own. There's hotel parties which is cool for the younger crowd, or those without spouses or kids.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:30 PM

Mein Auto: 745li
Went to bimmerfest last year. Enjoyed the show and got a lot of pictures and ideas for my car but not much else to do out there. I stayed two days last year but i will just do one night this time
Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 bmw 323i E46
Is there one coming to ny anytime soon?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwe46nyc View Post
Whats up everyone? Planning to go Bimmerfest in MD for 1st time. Was just wondering if anybody knows what else is out there for fun. Need to see if I should make this a 1 day thing or stay a night or 2
I live in the area of Bimmerfest and there is not a whole lot around here. Baltimore is 20 mins away and DC is about an hour. Your best bet is to make it a one day trip unless you plan on going to either of these places.

2005 745LI

Black on Black
Sports Pack
Comfort Acces
Rear Entertainment Pack
Convenience Pack
Premium Sound Pack
BTUM9000
3M Tint - 20%
Akebono Brake Pads
Blacked Out Grille
Smoked Taillights
ACS Roof Spoiler
MTEC V3
MTEC D1S 6000K
MTEC H9 4750K Fogs
Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Fast Cars Suck!

Send a message via AIM to Joe__Sterling
Mein Auto: '13 FIAT 500 '68 BMW 1602
Run to Philly to get some epic food.

*The I Drove to Both East and West Coast Bimmerfest Club* Member #1
@Joe__Sterling on twitter & instagram (two underscores)
Old 05-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboysracing View Post
Run to Philly to get some epic food.
Im not sure if I should be a part of your club there Poorboy. I monitored your journey across the country on here. I did drive to both, but it was because of my job. I really wanted to go with you but you were leaving from NYC, and I couldn't leave until like 3 days after you left. Maybe some other time.