Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 04-19-2015, 06:34 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 520D
Question F10 520d urgent help

hi,
I have just registered myself on this site and I am very new in this coding world and would love to tweet my new F10 520D 2015 waiting to be delivered in May. I have 320d M sports at the moment and not quite happy to do long journeys on it.

The configuration of my new car is

1. Automatic transmission
2. Driver Assistant Plus
-Lane Departure warning
-Adaptive Cruise Control
-Traffic Jam assist (steering control upto 60km/h)
3. High Beam assist- Adaptive head lights
4. Media Package- BMW professional
5. Exterior mirror auto dimming & folding
6. Reverse parking camera
7. multifunctional instrument panel
8. Lumbar support

I would like to know, can I enable following options with coding
1. Speed limit indicator
2. park assist
3. Lane change warning
4. Enhanced Bluetooth telephone with USB & Voice control
5. Increase speed limit on traffic jam assist
6. TJA work on any road
7. driver needs to keep holding the steering wheel default timeout value and can this be increased?

I have just placed the order and can amend configurations if you this adding or removing something will help me to get some options by coding. So your early response and help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Rav
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2015, 10:45 AM

Mein Auto: 520d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravstar View Post
can I enable following options with coding
The newer software doesn't allow changing of parameters (so called FDL coding). Only VO coding (adding/removing an option code) is allowed. This is because the data files from BMW now have the explanations removed, so knowing what byte does what is impossible. This applies after a recently issued software version, so applies to new cars and existing cars if they visit the dealer and have the software updated.

So you will be limited to adding options provided you already have the hardware. eg I had speed limit info and could add the option code for lane departure warning (both rely on the KAFAS camera)

speed limit info - you probably can since lane departure warning has the camera needed for this. (I did the reverse, I had SLI and coded lane departure warning and it worked).
park assist - needs surround view and extra ultrasonic sensors on the side of the car.
lane change warning - needs radar modules under the rear bumper
enhanced bluetooth - i'm lost on the different bluetooth options since they seem different in the USA to europe and most people here write about the american version.

5/6/7 they are FDL coding so you are probably out of luck with a new car.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:55 AM

Thank you very much for help @Riku2

I am thinking of changing my mind of buying BMW as Mercedes E220 is packed with more than these options as a part of driver assistant pack i.e. adaptive cruise control with steer assist without speed limit (i.e. 0km to 200km/hr), active lane change steers the car back into lane, Brake assistant plus with cross traffic and lot more.

but still confused Merc or BMW
Old 04-20-2015, 12:27 PM

Mein Auto: 520d
Quote:
active lane change steers the car back into lane
I am not that keen on that feature. I had a rental volvo which would steer back into the lane. Coming off a roundabout near swindon it misread a tire skid mark for the lane marking and started to steer me into the adjacent lane! after that I switched it to only vibrate the steering wheel (like BMW lane dep warning does) and not do the steering!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by riku2 View Post
The newer software doesn't allow changing of parameters (so called FDL coding). Only VO coding (adding/removing an option code) is allowed. This is because the data files from BMW now have the explanations removed, so knowing what byte does what is impossible. This applies after a recently issued software version, so applies to new cars and existing cars if they visit the dealer and have the software updated.
This is not entirely true. Yes the 2015 data files have the explanations removed (have been "trimmed"), but there are now solutions to FDL coding with the 2015 software/data. Check the Bimmerfest coding forum. I hit this when my car's software was updated at the dealer last month, and have re-coded everything I had before.
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, Sport Auto, Driver Assistance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multi-Contour Seats, Heated Seats, Navigation, H/K stereo. Michelin Pilot Super Sport non-runflats, M5 grille, Painted reflectors from IND.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:11 PM

Thanks @Carbon Fiver. Please can you share the link of forum. I heard that I will need to buy FSC code in order to activate SLI. Is it true and if there is any tweek for FSC available?
Old 04-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-sport
Quote:
Thanks @Carbon Fiver. Please can you share the link of forum. I heard that I will need to buy FSC code in order to activate SLI. Is it true and if there is any tweek for FSC available?
Click "Forums" at the top, then scroll down to the Coding forum. Direct link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175

Dunno anything about SLI personally.
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, Sport Auto, Driver Assistance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multi-Contour Seats, Heated Seats, Navigation, H/K stereo. Michelin Pilot Super Sport non-runflats, M5 grille, Painted reflectors from IND.