Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 06-11-2014, 04:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 550ix
Thanks OCTOPUMP

I know there are many posts here about Octopump's coding, but one more won't hurt, right? My 2014 550ix came in a few weeks ago and I have been talking with Richard throughout the time I was waiting on it to be built and shipped across the water. I was very anxious so I went through the list of coding features and was ready to go when the cable arrived. Richard was a true pleasure to work with and was extremely patient. He didn't want me to wait any longer so when my cable arrived, we scheduled for later that night.

Richard took the time to go over each and every feature. I can honestly say I learned so much regarding the features from Richard. Well, I am a hardcore MAC user and the only PC I have is my Dell laptop. We attempted to begin coding but ran into a snag because my work laptop had various security features locked down which was blocking the cable from pulling my VIN. I informed Richard that I have a MAC with a virtual machines of Windows, and we decided to shoot for another day since it was late. Richard asked me to pick a day and time and he made it happen. It definitely makes it easier when both individuals are IT GEEKS!!

I am extremely pleased with his professionalism and honestly him taking the time to educate me since I am a 1st time BMW owner. I will be looking for more coding from Richard as I only anticipate keep this 550 for 1.5 years-2 then shooting for that M5!!

Thanks again, Richard

2014 550ix, Carbon Metallic, Mocha Nappa Leather, Dark Wood Trim, M Sport Pkg, Exec Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Driver Assistance Plus, Luxury Seating Pkg, LED Lighting Pkg, and Black Kidney Grilles, 40% 3M Crystalline Tint and 90% on the Windshield
Ads by Google
Old 07-30-2014, 03:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535d
Similar experience for me this week. My only Windows laptop had problems with connectivity. We switched over to my Macbook pro with fusion, and got it done. Great experience, and great results.

Thanks OCTOPUMP (Rich)