Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM
alep1985 alep1985 is offline
Registered User
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: A car. Specific enough?
Question F30 328i vs. CPO E90 328i

Hey all,
I've been lurking around here on the forums for the last 6 months or so, hoping to get some insight from you guys on what you think is the right decision here.....

I'm making a decent living in IT, and I'm saving up to replace my old car in the next 12-18 months. Probably wanting to finance the car since I want to keep it for a while (6-8 years). My budget for a new car will probably be around $35,000 (could do $40k, but I want to leave a little extra for the repairs that I know will hit me down the road). Due to the N54/55 HPFP issues, a CPO 335i seems out of the question for me since I value not being afraid to take it on long trips.

Now, here comes the tough decision:

-I've found CPO 2009 E90 328i's on Autotrader for pretty good prices (around $23,500 with 32-36k miles on them). I assume by 2013-14, a 2010 could be as cheap as $23k. I could easily swing this. The only problem I see with this is missing the MPG/performance benefits of the F30 328i. It's slower, even if I do like the sound of the 6 better than the F30's turbo four. It'd cost around $1500-3000 more in fuel costs over time. Also, at this point it would be getting older, and even with the CPO warranty, a lot of stuff isn't covered.

-I could go CPO on a future used F30. I'm estimating this would be around $28,000 in 2014 on a 2012 CPO. Seems like this could be a great compromise (not starting to get too old like an E90, getting the features of the F30 I like, but not at the top of my budget ).

-BUT, I also have a TON of airline miles, and could easily book a cheap award flight to do European Delivery on a new Sport Line F30. Using bmwconfig's tool, I've priced that at about $34,505 ($33,505 invoice + $1000). $35,000 is pretty much the top of my budget for a new car. We were planning another trip to Europe around 2014, so this could work out well.

So, what would you guys do in this situation?
-Buy a CPO E90?
-Buy a CPO F30?
-Buy a new F30 via ED?

I would LOVE the experience of doing ED, but it's easy to see this through rose-colored glasses.....it'd cost me $5-8k more to buy new compared to a future CPO F30 or E90. However, there are advantages to buying new (being the only owner, more mileage/hopefully more longevity, financing rate advantages, the awesome experience of driving the car in Germany). So I guess I'm a bit torn, if you can't tell!

For those of you who've done it, would you recommend CPO to others? Or should I just bite the bullet and have an amazing experience with a new car and European Delivery?

Sorry for the essay! Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by alep1985; 05-08-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 05-08-2012, 01:24 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,736
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
just a new F30, i have an e90 and f30 and the f30 spanks it in every way.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2012, 01:37 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,206
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
new engine spanks the i6 in terms of power band... I'd get the f30

Oh and notice there aren't tons of threads about hpfp's anymore... The only time the HPFP comes up is when someone says "I'm scared it will break. If you you buy it from a bmw dealer you've all but guaranteed you'll get the upgraded part.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-08-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 PM
alep1985 alep1985 is offline
Registered User
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: A car. Specific enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
new engine spanks the i6 in terms of power band... I'd get the f30

Oh and notice there aren't tons of threads about hpfp's anymore... The only time the HPFP comes up is when someone says "I'm scared it will break. If you you buy it from a bmw dealer you've all but guaranteed you'll get the upgraded part.
So obviously so far, the F30 seems to be the fav. But would you CPO buy own or get one new via ED? Money does matter here, otherwise, I'd do ED in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Gold323Ci Gold323Ci is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East TN
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 302
Mein Auto: 08 650i, 07 530i, 06 330i
If $35k was the top of my budget, I would save some cash and spend lot less on an E90/E92/E93. The E9x is a great car and there are many out there with low miles for low dollars. I'll bet you can find an '08 or '09 328 with 30k miles for about $25,000.

In a couple of years, buy the F30, either new or used. Yes, you may like the F30 better but you can put that extra $20,000 on a home or something else.

Last edited by Gold323Ci; 05-08-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM
alep1985 alep1985 is offline
Registered User
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: A car. Specific enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold323Ci View Post
If $35k was the top of my budget, I would save some cash and spend as little as possible on an E90/E92/E93. The E9x is a great car and there are many out there with low miles for low dollars.

In a couple of years, buy the F30, either new or used. Yes, you may like the F30 better but you can put that extra $20,000 on a home or something else.
It is the top, but it's a fairly comfy top. I know I could afford one in the $40k's, but (as you said) I have a house and other things that come first.

I'm not silly enough to blow all of my money on a luxury car, so I've set this budget level with that in mind

I'm just wanting to know if the F30 is worth that extra $5-8k over a CPO E90, basically. And if you would go with the F30, do you think CPO is a good idea, or is new via Euro Delivery worth the cost of buying new?

Last edited by alep1985; 05-08-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-08-2012, 03:35 PM
alex_s alex_s is offline
Registered User
Location: Menlo Park, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16
Mein Auto: 2013 328i
I was going through the same thing a couple weeks ago. I've never owned a BMW, so I wasn't quite sure which way to go. Ultimately I went to the dealer and drove an F30 328i sport and then took a low-mileage 2009 328 for a spin (in part to compare E90/F30 and also because the 2009 had a stick and I know I'm unlikely to find an F30 with a stick to test drive before I order)

I've pretty much settled on going with the F30. I thought the new styling was great (it was a nice sportline - mineral gray with the gray leather). It drove great - I thought it had plenty of power and you could really thrown it around. I felt like the interior was laid out better - HVAC display was easier to see, little things like that. It didn't sound as good as the E90, but I'm coming from a Mazda 3, so four bangers don't bother me. The gas mileage improvement won't make much of a dent in the price difference, but is nice. I also like that I can get whatever config I want on an F30 - it seems CPO sticks are few and far between.

The F30 will cost quite a bit more, but I was a fan right off the bat. And I was already planning a trip to France this Fall anyway - if I can do ED and take a little longer and come in through through Austria and Switzerland, that'd be a blast. I plan to get my order in June, hopefully to pick up in Sept/Oct.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
alep1985 alep1985 is offline
Registered User
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: A car. Specific enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_s View Post
I was going through the same thing a couple weeks ago. I've never owned a BMW, so I wasn't quite sure which way to go. Ultimately I went to the dealer and drove an F30 328i sport and then took a low-mileage 2009 328 for a spin (in part to compare E90/F30 and also because the 2009 had a stick and I know I'm unlikely to find an F30 with a stick to test drive before I order)

I've pretty much settled on going with the F30. I thought the new styling was great (it was a nice sportline - mineral gray with the gray leather). It drove great - I thought it had plenty of power and you could really thrown it around. I felt like the interior was laid out better - HVAC display was easier to see, little things like that. It didn't sound as good as the E90, but I'm coming from a Mazda 3, so four bangers don't bother me. The gas mileage improvement won't make much of a dent in the price difference, but is nice. I also like that I can get whatever config I want on an F30 - it seems CPO sticks are few and far between.

The F30 will cost quite a bit more, but I was a fan right off the bat. And I was already planning a trip to France this Fall anyway - if I can do ED and take a little longer and come in through through Austria and Switzerland, that'd be a blast. I plan to get my order in June, hopefully to pick up in Sept/Oct.
Congrats! Hope you enjoy the trip to France! If you're going to Paris and want to stay on the cheap (for Paris) in a decent place, I'd recommend the Hotel Design Sorbonne! Small, but very well located!
http://www.hotelsorbonne.com/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,206
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alep1985 View Post
So obviously so far, the F30 seems to be the fav. But would you CPO buy own or get one new via ED? Money does matter here, otherwise, I'd do ED in a heartbeat.
I went cpo simply cause I need... Well want AWD, I get to save some money, finish up school (what kind of tool would I look like riding around campus in an f10 m5 ).

I love the n54 and have zero problem saying I'm a fanboy, but again if your getting into a 335i you have to know the risks, its got some issues that could cause headaches, but if you do your homework, and have a bit of luck no reason you can't make 100k+ miles easy.

a 2010 n54 bmw should give you plenty of time with the warranty to see if you've got a problem child or not.

But if you're that worried get the 328i and enjoy, its got more then enough power to hang with or beat almost anything in short bursts given the powerband. You just might not win against those real knuckle heads like you would in a 335.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,736
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
N54 for the win. Only reason i didnt get a 335.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,206
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
N54 for the win. Only reason i didnt get a 335.
lol fanboys
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,736
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Hey man, thats N54 was a ****ing beast.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Bob Shiftright's Avatar
Bob Shiftright Bob Shiftright is offline
Philosopher-king
Location: PRNJ
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,746
Mein Auto: E91, Volvo, Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by alep1985 View Post

So, what would you guys do in this situation?
-Buy a CPO E90?
-Buy a CPO F30?
-Buy a new F30 via ED?
Buy what you can afford which is whatever you can write a check out for the full amount without your hand quivering. If your hand quivers, you're doing the wrong thing.
__________________
2008 E91 station wagon 20K miles "Classic" BMW inline six, six-speed manual transmission, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display.



"I will give up my stick shift when they pry it from my cold dead hand!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,206
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Hey man, thats N54 was a ****ing beast.
Is a ****ing beast cause its in my garage now Should have Stage 3 suspension and Stage 2 or 3 tune on it come bimmerfest east

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majikthese42 View Post
Buy what you can afford which is whatever you can write a check out for the full amount without your hand quivering. If your hand quivers, you're doing the wrong thing.
Only advice that matters

Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-08-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,185
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
M Sport, all

1) F30 335i ED
2) F30 335i
3) E90 335i CPO
4) E90 328i CPO
5) F30 328i ED
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Elk Elk is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ~
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 858
Mein Auto: ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majikthese42 View Post
Buy what you can afford which is whatever you can write a check out for the full amount without your hand quivering. If your hand quivers, you're doing the wrong thing.
Exactly.

It's a toy. Buy it only if you can seriously afford it.

Wait otherwise on getting a new one and find a nice used car in the meantime.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 PM
alep1985 alep1985 is offline
Registered User
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: A car. Specific enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Exactly.

It's a toy. Buy it only if you can seriously afford it.

Wait otherwise on getting a new one and find a nice used car in the meantime.
I was afraid this was going to turn into a financial planning session.

When I say I can afford it new, I'll be able to comfortably afford it without worrying. Believe me, I know how to budget.

This wasn't so much about asking whether you thought I could afford it or not, it was more on whether or not you thought the F30 via ED was worth the $5-10k price premium over a CPO F30 or CPO E90.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:08 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,206
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alep1985 View Post
I was afraid this was going to turn into a financial planning session.
lol you should say thanks, but I already took the tony robbins seminar

If I may ask what cars have you driven prior to shopping for either a 335/328 f30?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
alep1985 alep1985 is offline
Registered User
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: A car. Specific enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
lol you should say thanks, but I already took the tony robbins seminar

If I may ask what cars have you driven prior to shopping for either a 335/328 f30?
-2010 G37x Coupe (love the speed, but I don't care for the bubble design and the interior feels cheaply built to me)
-2010-2011 E90 328i/335i (I've test driven two 335i's and I rented a 328i in SFO last year)
-2010 Audi A4 (liked the interior, but it felt very front-heavy and not very nimble on its feet)

-Would consider a Cadillac ATS 2.0T, but obviously no one's gotten behind the wheel of one of those yet, so time will tell if they end up being the 3-series competitor they're claiming they're going to be.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Elk Elk is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ~
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 858
Mein Auto: ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by alep1985 View Post
I was afraid this was going to turn into a financial planning session.
Don't ask for financial advice if you do not want it.

Your post is replete with "budget," "swing it," warranty issues, fuel price calculations, etc.

Sure sounds and smells like a hand-holding request on a valuation question.

You wouldn't be asking if you could truly afford it. You would just make a decision as to what you wanted.

It's your call. As is the color of the car and the color of the interior.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,206
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alep1985 View Post
-2010 G37x Coupe (love the speed, but I don't care for the bubble design and the interior feels cheaply built to me)
-2010-2011 E90 328i/335i (I've test driven two 335i's and I rented a 328i in SFO last year)
-2010 Audi A4 (liked the interior, but it felt very front-heavy and not very nimble on its feet)

-Would consider a Cadillac ATS 2.0T, but obviously no one's gotten behind the wheel of one of those yet, so time will tell if they end up being the 3-series competitor they're claiming they're going to be.
I think you'd have a blast with the 335i (its the smallest car I've had in my family, and I'm having a blast with it even over our cayenne turbo s) , but if your just unsure the 328i should give you far more pleasure then those above names.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 PM
alep1985 alep1985 is offline
Registered User
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: A car. Specific enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
I think you'd have a blast with the 335i (its the smallest car I've had in my family, and I'm having a blast with it even over our cayenne turbo s) , but if your just unsure the 328i should give you far more pleasure then those above names.
Thanks, SuperTerp. Maybe I should keep the E90 335i on my list, after all. Just need to be very careful of the service history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Don't ask for financial advice if you do not want it.

Your post is replete with "budget," "swing it," warranty issues, fuel price calculations, etc.

Sure sounds and smells like a hand-holding request on a valuation question.

You wouldn't be asking if you could truly afford it. You would just make a decision as to what you wanted.

It's your call. As is the color of the car and the color of the interior.
I would be asking. Just because someone can afford it doesn't mean they should dive into what's most expensive for their budget without proper research. Plus, it's not just about the cheapest purchase price. I'm going to care about longevity and maintenance costs since I'm not just leasing it for the short-term. In my opinion, everyone financing should care about that stuff unless you're a trust fund kid.
That's my take, and that's what I'm trying to figure out. You can take my (over)-analysis of the decision as whatever you want, though. I still appreciate your opinion.

Last edited by alep1985; 05-08-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,206
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alep1985 View Post
Thanks, SuperTerp. Maybe I should keep the E90 335i on my list, after all. Just need to be very careful of the service history.
Its my bias , proper background checks, and some luck you should be fine, again know the issues:

Left Muffler rattle
Some weird noises lmao
Possible Wastegate issues which can lead to turbos being replaced (I believe around 9k outta pocket), all my research says it's covered by CPO
Vanos
Fuel injectors
Valves need walnut blasting around 50-100k or at some point depending how nuts you wanna take care of it ($500-800)
Coilpack's
spark plugs

LMAO again you look at that list, and think I'll get all of those and be bankrupt, but from what I've experienced its worth the risk even getting 3 of those.

I also get almost 30 mpgs 25.2 is my worst in almost 5k, and I usually hover around 26.4-29.2. Again will depend on driving styles, and other factors. The car is capable of that, and still have some redlight races/100+ trips .

I'm sure others can give you a better idea what you'd be in for with an f30.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:27 PM
tturedraider's Avatar
tturedraider tturedraider is offline
Freedom isn't free!!
Location: Chicago, north shore (via Tennessee & Texas)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,185
Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Its my bias , proper background checks, and some luck you should be fine, again know the issues:

Left Muffler rattle
Some weird noises lmao
Possible Wastegate issues which can lead to turbos being replaced (I believe around 9k outta pocket), all my research says it's covered by CPO
Vanos
Fuel injectors
Valves need walnut blasting around 50-100k or at some point depending how nuts you wanna take care of it ($500-800)
Coilpack's
spark plugs

LMAO again you look at that list, and think I'll get all of those and be bankrupt, but from what I've experienced its worth the risk even getting 3 of those.

I also get almost 30 mpgs 25.2 is my worst in almost 5k, and I usually hover around 26.4-29.2. Again will depend on driving styles, and other factors. The car is capable of that, and still have some redlight races/100+ trips .

I'm sure others can give you a better idea what you'd be in for with an f30.
Correct. All of those things would be covered by the CPO warranty. The HPFP on the vast majority of 335i's is covered under a specific warranty extension for 10 yrs/120,000 miles.
__________________

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-10-2012, 07:47 AM
LegendsNeverDie LegendsNeverDie is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 950
Mein Auto: BMW 328i SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alep1985 View Post
Hey all,
I've been lurking around here on the forums for the last 6 months or so, hoping to get some insight from you guys on what you think is the right decision here.....

I'm making a decent living in IT, and I'm saving up to replace my old car in the next 12-18 months. Probably wanting to finance the car since I want to keep it for a while (6-8 years). My budget for a new car will probably be around $35,000 (could do $40k, but I want to leave a little extra for the repairs that I know will hit me down the road). Due to the N54/55 HPFP issues, a CPO 335i seems out of the question for me since I value not being afraid to take it on long trips.

Now, here comes the tough decision:

-I've found CPO 2009 E90 328i's on Autotrader for pretty good prices (around $23,500 with 32-36k miles on them). I assume by 2013-14, a 2010 could be as cheap as $23k. I could easily swing this. The only problem I see with this is missing the MPG/performance benefits of the F30 328i. It's slower, even if I do like the sound of the 6 better than the F30's turbo four. It'd cost around $1500-3000 more in fuel costs over time. Also, at this point it would be getting older, and even with the CPO warranty, a lot of stuff isn't covered.

-I could go CPO on a future used F30. I'm estimating this would be around $28,000 in 2014 on a 2012 CPO. Seems like this could be a great compromise (not starting to get too old like an E90, getting the features of the F30 I like, but not at the top of my budget ).

-BUT, I also have a TON of airline miles, and could easily book a cheap award flight to do European Delivery on a new Sport Line F30. Using bmwconfig's tool, I've priced that at about $34,505 ($33,505 invoice + $1000). $35,000 is pretty much the top of my budget for a new car. We were planning another trip to Europe around 2014, so this could work out well.

So, what would you guys do in this situation?
-Buy a CPO E90?
-Buy a CPO F30?
-Buy a new F30 via ED?

I would LOVE the experience of doing ED, but it's easy to see this through rose-colored glasses.....it'd cost me $5-8k more to buy new compared to a future CPO F30 or E90. However, there are advantages to buying new (being the only owner, more mileage/hopefully more longevity, financing rate advantages, the awesome experience of driving the car in Germany). So I guess I'm a bit torn, if you can't tell!

For those of you who've done it, would you recommend CPO to others? Or should I just bite the bullet and have an amazing experience with a new car and European Delivery?

Sorry for the essay! Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Get the E90 if you want a better drivers car. Get the F30 if you want more gadgets, softer ride and better 0-60 time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cpo, e90, ed, f30, purchase


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms