Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Black Caotain

Mein Auto: 2012 M3
She finally arrived today from Torrence, Ca... about noon...with 11 miles...(port,customs,shakedown at dealer ect.) had to work most of the day but was able to drive her to dinner tonight... My son and I... or is it (me) i can never remember....found out that you can actually get through a civilized meal while chewing with a perpetual smile.... Not to mention how pleased we were when mom and sis followed our lead when we sheepishly passed on dessert....38 miles when I put her to bed....the look...the revs...the feel...priceless...thank you all for helping me make the right choice for me...bc
Old 05-22-2012, 05:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by black captain View Post
She finally arrived today from Torrence, Ca... about noon...with 11 miles...(port,customs,shakedown at dealer ect.) had to work most of the day but was able to drive her to dinner tonight... My son and I... or is it (me) i can never remember....found out that you can actually get through a civilized meal while chewing with a perpetual smile.... Not to mention how pleased we were when mom and sis followed our lead when we sheepishly passed on dessert....38 miles when I put her to bed....the look...the revs...the feel...priceless...thank you all for helping me make the right choice for me...bc
congrats!! pics!!!

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 05-27-2012, 01:25 PM
mineral white m3

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 COUPE
Agree the m3 is the best all around car for the money. It may depreciate more than $500.00 per month, but anything over $500.00 per month is worth it just for the excitement factor.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Black Caotain

All good things must come to an end...

Just limped back to my house in my new m3 ....was on my way downtown for a quick dinner and then the Dynamo game...I digress ....,computer tells me engine malfunction, reduced power, excessive emissions....( I just reviewed all the posts regarding such....thanks to all those that have contributed in the past.)

Can't tell you how disappointed and sad I am... A night out on the town with my two favorite ladies...turns into limping back to the house 2 miles out...

Favorite lady #1 called the bmw dealership in Torrence CA, to get direction on what to do...pull over on the road to prevent further harm or limp home...after several attempt to reach both sales and service I was put on hold 3 times then hung up on ....called back and told that the reason I was having trouble getting through to anyone was that people were going home early...they closed at 5 it was 4:30 !

Not sure what to expect from here on out but what a disappointment!

P.S.

The car has 631 miles on it... Pitiful...

This will likely be the beginning of the end for me and BMW ...

Not so much that the car had a failure....but at 631 miles and then the total horse dodo run around at the dealership...starting to think I should have bought the porsche...

I feel a little better now that I shared this with y'all...

Happy Fathers Day
Old 06-17-2012, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 Fire Orange BMW M3
Why didn't you call BMW Assist? They are there 24 x 7.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Black Caotain

Here's the point ....do you think it's reasonable that I needed to call bmw...assist on a car with 600 freaking miles! Just not fan anymore.....
Old 06-17-2012, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: Bimmer
Quote:
Here's the point ....do you think it's reasonable that I needed to call bmw...assist on a car with 600 freaking miles! Just not fan anymore.....
Yes.

It's a car.

Occasionally they break.

Of the options you had, no question calling BMW Assist would have been another choice for you.

Genuinely hope your issue is resolved quickly. Best of luck.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:31 PM

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
Quote:
600 miles in and an error and you're jumping ship? i know you are frustrated but stick with it. AT WORST if the car is a lemon (and there are many M3 lemons, in fact i think it's probably the most reliable car int he BMW lineup right now) you'll get a new one. at best its a thrown code that is easily corrected.

either way, what's the point in being so upset? are you going to sell the car at a massive loss?

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 06-18-2012, 12:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 M3
I agree with Mr C M3. The M3 is a great car and the gas milage is user dependent. I get far better mpg than tose posted in the thread.
10 M3 Sedan (sweet)
13 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
14 Porsche Cayenne Platinum Diesel

BMWCCA 4215
Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 AM

Mein Auto: 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalekressin View Post
I agree with Mr C M3. The M3 is a great car and the gas milage is user dependent. I get far better mpg than tose posted in the thread.
Curious what's your mpg?