Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 05-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
It's No Cost - BMW Rolls Out Funny Commercials Highlighting No Cost Ultimate Service

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW of North America debuted two new 30 second spots touting the automaker’s Ultimate Service policy, which features no-cost maintenance program coverage on all new BMWs for the first 50,000 miles or four years of ownership. The company’s no-cost maintenance program is unmatched in the premium vehicle category and highlighted in each of the spots by customers who do not believe a service advisor when told their maintenance is no cost and mistakenly think they are being given special treatment, leading to an awkward and humorous situation.

In the first spot, entitled “Married,” a woman is told that the work completed on her car was free of charge, which she misinterprets to mean that the representative is flirting with her. As she sheepishly explains that she is married, the representative clarifies that no cost maintenance program coverage is standard for all new BMW owners.

The same misunderstanding occurs in the second spot, entitled “Tickets,” when a customer assumes he is being given special treatment and tries to repay the representative by casually slipping tickets to a sports event into his shirt pocket – which isn’t there – leading to an awkward moment.

“No-cost maintenance is a hallmark of BMW service and something that we alone offer among our top rivals,” said Dan Creed, Vice President, Marketing, BMW of North America. “These new spots give us the opportunity to tell that story in a fun and memorable way.”

Have you seen these commercials? What were you watching?
This article has been viewed 8070 times.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 335Cabrio zsp/11 335d
The first one is pretty funny. N4S
Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
Pretty good commercials if you ask me!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Constantly Learning

Mein Auto: 1999 M3, 2002 M5
The more you know about BMW maintenance, the less funny these ads are. BMW does the absolute least maintenance possible, since they can't charge. Hence the 15K mile oil change. Of course if the customer is leasing and doesn't plan to own past 3-4 years, they probably don't care.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325xi
I think that the commercials are STUPID and make us look like we were born yesterday. They should promote the car for what it is; a vehicle which is a pleasure to drive, admire, and feel good about owning.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: Taurus
From my past experience owning a BMW, it is a good thing they're offering free maintenance. I never owned car that spent so much time in the dealership as my M Roadster. It was incredible how many things would break or malfunction on that car. It ws my first and last BMW. A good quality car does not need free maintenance.

Last edited by Mitchm1; 06-24-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: TypO
Old 06-24-2012, 03:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
I love my car, but I would not want to have one out of warranty, that’s for sure.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: Taurus
I hear you

My little M Roadster was a blast to drive, when it wasn't in the shop. I still love the look of the earlier generation M roadster (Z3 family) much more than the later versions. Nice sound too. Alas, I had so much headache with a never ending series of diverse problems that I could not wait to give it back. They never did get the speedo to read accurately despite a half dozen trips trying to get them to fix the calibration. They actually argued with me that my speedo being off 10% low was normal and acceptable. Eventually, I gave up fighting. I actually turned it back in before the lease ended. In less than 3 years, it was in the dealership for repair (not normal maintenance) at least 2 dozen times. I have a lot of friends who love and swear by their bimmers but, if I ask the right questions, I found they all live with a lot more headaches than they have a right to expect. They all get the extended warranty to keep from going broke keeping their bimmers on the road. It reminds me of the story about owning a boat. The two happiest days are the day you get it and the day you get rid of it.

Went from the M Roadster to a Corvette ragtop (after a gap of a couple of years). It would beat the hell out of my M performance-wise and, in 4 years of hard driving, has never seen a dealership for anything but normal maintenance.

Last edited by Mitchm1; 06-24-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typo