Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 05-18-2012, 01:35 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
i for one think an M car should not have all wheel drive, not have ACC, not have any "driver aids" that take the driving experience out of the drivers hand. i don't even think cruise control should be an option. it kind of defeats the purpose.

but some will say that the FI engine and DCT (as opposed to high reving MT) are missing the point too.
Amen.

BTW I could not tell you for the life of me whether the cruise control on my car actually works. In fact I don't even know where the button is.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 05-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 550i xDrive
Checked out the price of my new Panamera Turbo S with ACC and AWD. $188,295 plus tax equipped the way I want it. If you can't afford to drive it in the winter then you can't afford it.
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
Amen.

BTW I could not tell you for the life of me whether the cruise control on my car actually works. In fact I don't even know where the button is.
I just don't get why its considered wrong? Again I've used this argument many ways, but here it clearly pertains. If someone upgrades from say T.V. speakers to Bose (which in my op is absolute s*), is it wrong if his ears can't pick up the fidelity differences between 1-3k, and something I think is perfect in the range of 25-60k or should we all start where the insane audiophiles play and get a pair of Evidences' which start at 80k (which we demoed and I couldn't tell the difference)?

Its all highly subjective just like picking out audio equipment. Each person will feel the road different, now if its about the forced move into something, like phasing out Manual's, and maybe RWD, thats different.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 05-18-2012 at 09:22 PM.