Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 05-17-2012, 09:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 F11 520d
What does 'fixed in production' mean?

Hi,

Ordered my F11 on 16th April through a large UK lease company as my next company car.

On 30th April I contacted them as I wanted to a very slight amendment to the order (different steering wheel). They checked but I was told it wasn't possible as the car was 'fixed in production'. What does this mean? Does it mean it was being produced or about to be produced or was being produced 2 weeks down the line?

The reason I ask is because the lease company aren't being very helpful advising when the car should be delivered and I am trying to work out when the car was made from the 'fixed in production' comment made on 30th April. Car then needs to be delivered to the UK.

Thanks for any help possible.
Ads by Google
Old 05-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
Probably means that your car is "in line" to be made very soon and the logistics for the parts, etc have already been lined up, so it can't be changed.

Remember that this same factory makes F10s for everywhere. If everyone chimed in this late into the order process to change something, it would waste time and ruin BMW's production efficiency
Old 05-17-2012, 10:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 535i xdrive
I have an ED delivery set for June 29th for an F10. My CA told me on Tuesday that my car was now listed by BMW as "status 150" which meant I could no longer make any changes.

Last edited by jcsayville; 05-17-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 F11 520d
Sorry, perhaps I haven't made myself clear.

Fully accept that the car can't be changed, my fault for changing my mind late in the day. What I really want to know is when the car is likely to be delivered knowing that the car was 'fixed in production' on the 30th April.

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 535i xdrive
If my car can be used as an indicator (diff. car though and European delivery) then from the time I got the can't be changed status to my delivery date in Munich is 6-7 weeks.