Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:33 AM

Mein Auto: 128i
128i Coupe Auto-close w/ remote?

I have an 08 128i. I can open the windows and moonroof remotely, by holding the unlock button of course. Now, I thought that this feature also worked on lock also (hold to close all). I believe there is an asterisk * next to this feature in my manual. I'm wondering if I've got a glitch here, or this feature is not included on my model? Strange that it would function for open, but not close.

thanks
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
In the US, auto-close only works if you have the optional (indicated by an asterisk) Comfort Access.

Tom
Old 05-18-2012, 01:29 PM

Mein Auto: 128I
2012 here with comfort access. No auto close on mine
Old 05-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox View Post
2012 here with comfort access. No auto close on mine
Although the windows roll up and the convertible top will close on my '08 cabrio, the manual details "convenient closing" for the droptop but not the coupe. I assumed there would be no difference between coupe & vert, but it seems like they should charge less for the coupe's comfort access since the auto close feature was apparently never implemented.

But according to the manual, you can still close the CA (or alarm) equipped coupe's sunroof & windows by removing the key from the fob and holding it in the door lock.

Tom