Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i GT
Seat Options

I was going back through my sales paperwork and noticed that seat upgrades are included in both the luxury seat package and the sport package. So as far as I can tell the only thing you get with the $2,700 MSRP luxury seat package is vents and the creepy butt massage. Am I missing something?

OTOH what does the sport package get you? Different wheels, the thigh slider and a higher electronic limit on the speed?

I'm not complaining, I want all the stuff (well maybe not the magic butt fingers); I'm just trying to figure out BMW madness.

FWIW
DLM

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App
Old 05-21-2012, 08:45 PM

Mein Auto: 09 X5 4.8
luxury seat package is for the back seats..no??
front seats options are sport seats or comfort seats..
mp

2012 GT 550ix Msport clock is ticking

2015 335ix GT Msport (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster
Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 AM

Mein Auto: 535i GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpress View Post
luxury seat package is for the back seats..no??
front seats options are sport seats or comfort seats..
mp
Nope, there is a different package for the rear seats. The lux package does also give you the automatic side shades. So if you are gettting the sport package the $2,700 MSRP for lux adds:

Power Rear Sideshades
Active Seat (magic fngers)
Front Seat Ventilation

Doesn't seem like a lot for the money. I'm not sure how it will line up for 2013, but I'd take a hard look at this if I were ordering.

Thinking about it, I bet there is an incentive to the dealer to have both packages as the MSRP goes up but the build cost may not.

FWIW
DLM
Old 05-22-2012, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
BMW, and probably other companies, can end up being expensive on some of the option packages. For example, I wanted the heated seat package to get the rear seats that option...it includes both front and rear plus the steering wheel. I also wanted the comfort seats which already include heat...no discount for already paying for the heated front seats when you opt also for the heated seat package...seems like a built-in extra $500 profit to me, but if you want it, you pay for it.

BTW, I do find the active seat useful on a long trip. I did a 1200-mile day and was still okay at the end. I don't think I would have been without it.

Last edited by jadnashuanh; 05-22-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Bayerische Motoren Werke

Mein Auto: '14 X5 50/ '10 Golf TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
I do find the active seat useful on a long trip. I did a 1200-mile day and was still okay at the end. I don't think I would have been without it.
Impressive. 1200 miles averaging 80+ is 15 hours and that's with no stops. Throw in some traffic and a couple of bathroom/food breaks and that's a lot of driving for one day.

With or without the arse massage that is a lot of driving.

Gone but not forgotten:
2012 550I xDrive GT
2009 X5 35d
2007 335i European Delivery with Performance Center Re-Delivery * ED May 4, 2007 Link to ED Trip Report / PCD July 5th, 2007 Link to Performance Center Re-Delivery Trip Report
2007 X3 European Delivery with Performance Center Re-Delivery
2002 330ci, 1997 328i, 1990 325i