Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings added style and new features to the BMW's mid-sized SUV. Talk about the BMW F25 X3 with other X3 owners now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2016, 06:13 AM
Bzn427 Bzn427 is offline
Registered User
Location: Virginia
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: X3 28d
Run flats

Suffered my first flat on my x3 28d and on a Sunday no less. Since the tire needs to be replaced, since no one will repair them, has anyone made the switch to regular tires? If so, how did you address handling a potential flat in the future since there is no spare?
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 04-10-2016, 06:37 AM
kevink4 kevink4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: oklahoma
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: 2015 X3 xDrive28d
I supposed hope you are in cell phone coverage area so can call a tow. I assume that even run-flats can have a blowout, which would necessitate a tow too.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-10-2016, 06:49 AM
pgold1230 pgold1230 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Suburban Philadelphia
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 201
Mein Auto: 2013 x3 M-sport 3.5i
I still feel more secure running the car on RFTs since there's no spare. Blowouts are uncommon with them, and they can be repaired if there's a small nail in or near the center of the tread. Sidewall bubbles - tire needs to be replaced whether RFT or not.
__________________

Phil G.

2016 BMW 340i M-Sport xDrive Mineral Grey/Oyster
2016 Porsche Boxster S (6MT) GT Silver/Black
2013 BMW x3 M-sport 3.5i x-drive Space Grey/Black
2009 BMW 328i xDrive (traded) Space Grey/Oyster
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-10-2016, 07:00 AM
Doctor Jeff Doctor Jeff is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Omaha, NE
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 134
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3
At least you can drive to the shop to get your tire repaired and don't have to put on a spare or play with Flat-Fix by the side of the road...

I have not suffered a major blowout in almost 40 years of driving, though a friend and I had to change her tire on the side of I-10 in the early 80's...not fun!

But I like the security of the run-flats, if you can live with the drive comfort and extra cost. I find the comfort to be reasonable as well. I will probably replace mine with RF's in the next year as they wear down.
__________________


2011 BMW X3 i35 (current)
2003 Acura CL (current--son drives)
2012 Itasca Navion IQ with Mercedes engine (current)
2012 Subaru WRX Premium (retired)
2004 BMW Z4 3.0 (retired)
2005 Honda CR-V (retired)
2003 Honda Accord Coupe (retired)
2003 Subaru Outback 2.5 (retired-)
1986 Saab 900 (retired)
1985 Audi 80 (retired)
1977 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback (retired)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-10-2016, 07:28 AM
luigi524td luigi524td is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: The State of Southern NJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,227
Mein Auto: '13 535xDrive; '98 Z3 2.8
Tire (The Run Flat or Go Flat Debate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzn427 View Post
Suffered my first flat on my x3 28d and on a Sunday no less. Since the tire needs to be replaced, since no one will repair them, has anyone made the switch to regular tires? If so, how did you address handling a potential flat in the future since there is no spare?
First, please google this topic - there's too much debate in this forum to summarize.

IF you were alerted to LOW TIRE PRESSURE & drove even a short distance (1-2 miles) on a tire at "0" PSI (flat is a misnomer since RFTs have self-supporting sidewalls and they could look "low" but not in a conventional tire sense of the word) then there is a high probability the tire structure has been compromised and will require replacement.

IF, however, your inflation pressure was reduced a little (?small leak?) and the puncture was in the center tread area SOME RFT manufacturers "allow" a repair.

HOWEVER if there is a bulge or tear - The tire is a goner!

Your original equipment (installed when you bought your NEW BMW) they may be covered by the TIRE MANUFACTURER'S ROAD HAZARD WARRANTY - do some homework because your dealer's service advisor may not be up to speed on tire warranty coverage.

I just replaced my OEM CONTI RFTs with a new set of the same on my '13 535xDrive becasue I like them and how they have served me during the past 3+ years and 35,000 + miles!

Good luck with your decision - check the wheel and tire sub-forum for more discussion on this matter.
__________________
My opinions are free - you'll get exactly what you pay for!
Current: 2013- 535xDrive | 1998-Z3 2.8
Past: 2007-530xi | 2001-740i | 1998-740i | 1994-740i | 1986-524TD

"Seek and ye shall find" ... start with your owner's manual!


Click on the MrRebates logo/link below for cash back savings at on-line stores like Tirerack!
Mr. Rebates
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-10-2016, 08:22 AM
DjD-X5 DjD-X5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Jose
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 495
Mein Auto: '13 X5 xDrive 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzn427 View Post
Suffered my first flat on my x3 28d and on a Sunday no less. Since the tire needs to be replaced, since no one will repair them, has anyone made the switch to regular tires? If so, how did you address handling a potential flat in the future since there is no spare?
There is so much bad info out there! First there is only one manufacture I know of that says not to repair "their" run flat tire in the event of a flat. They provide 1 year replacement coverage with each tire! Most run flat tires have the same repair zone as conventional tires so the playing field is level there.

Run flats are designed to be driven for up to 50 miles at no more than 50 mph with zero air pressure. I have not seen it published that driving on a run flat within these guidelines requires replacing the tire! Certainly driving on a run flat with zero pressure will eventually break down the sidewall but manufactures set limits to avoid lawsuits and you damn well know they must be very confident in the limits set on the tires. The Firestone & Ford rollover lawsuits come to mind as a great reminder for manufactures setting tire safety guidelines!

Tire shops and dealerships, both brick & mortar and online use ignorance to profit from run flats and or are ignorant themselves on the subject of run flats...

LOL, it's such a convoluted subject often you hear the use of run flats was purely a weight saving move. My run flat tires are 10 lbs heavier each than the same make of conventional tires. Time 4 = 40 lbs and a space saver spare doesn't weight that much! Run flat tires are used because statistics show in the event of a flat they are safer than conventional tires. You can drive to a safe location to resolve the flat and not have to perform a tire change on soft uneven and unsafe shoulder of the road. During bad weather and at night just makes even more sense not to be on your knees on the roadside!

Performance shouldn't be an issue, cars like Corvettes were some of the first to come with run flat tires. they have been around long enough now that more people should be better versed but just like oil changes and spark plugs I still know guys that live by 3 months 3000 for oil and 12000 and 12 months for plugs!
__________________
Dennis,

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-10-2016, 08:22 AM
bighorns's Avatar
bighorns bighorns is online now
Evil cider brewer
Location: Hi Dez, California
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22,078
Mein Auto: E92 335i M Sport
This has been discussed a lot in the E90 forums, since there is a greater desire to run high performance tires on these cars. The consensus over there is that carrying a small electric pump and a plug kit is the best alternative.
__________________
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=325723&dateline=1371746393


*NEW* delete pls 1K
3K
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-10-2016, 08:25 AM
bighorns's Avatar
bighorns bighorns is online now
Evil cider brewer
Location: Hi Dez, California
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22,078
Mein Auto: E92 335i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD-X5 View Post
There is so much bad info out there! First there is only one manufacture I know of that says not to repair "their" run flat tire in the event of a flat. They provide 1 year replacement coverage with each tire! Most run flat tires have the same repair zone as conventional tires so the playing field is level there.

Run flats are designed to be driven for up to 50 miles at no more than 50 mph with zero air pressure. I have not seen it published that driving on a run flat within these guidelines requires replacing the tire! Certainly driving on a run flat with zero pressure will eventually break down the sidewall but manufactures set limits to avoid lawsuits and you damn well know they must be very confident in the limits set on the tires. The Firestone & Ford rollover lawsuits come to mind as a great reminder for manufactures setting tire safety guidelines!

Tire shops and dealerships, both brick & mortar and online use ignorance to profit from run flats and or are ignorant themselves on the subject of run flats...

LOL, it's such a convoluted subject often you hear the use of run flats was purely a weight saving move. My run flat tires are 10 lbs heavier each than the same make of conventional tires. Time 4 = 40 lbs and a space saver spare doesn't weight that much! Run flat tires are used because statistics show in the event of a flat they are safer than conventional tires. You can drive to a safe location to resolve the flat and not have to perform a tire change on soft uneven and unsafe shoulder of the road. During bad weather and at night just makes even more sense not to be on your knees on the roadside!

Performance shouldn't be an issue, cars like Corvettes were some of the first to come with run flat tires. they have been around long enough now that more people should be better versed but just like oil changes and spark plugs I still know guys that live by 3 months 3000 for oil and 12000 and 12 months for plugs!
The sidewalls DO break down if you run them with 0 pressure. They are designed to allow you to get to a dealer/tire shop. As mentioned before, if run on low pressure, they can usually be repaired.
__________________
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=325723&dateline=1371746393


*NEW* delete pls 1K
3K
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-10-2016, 10:11 AM
DjD-X5 DjD-X5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Jose
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 495
Mein Auto: '13 X5 xDrive 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorns View Post
The sidewalls DO break down if you run them with 0 pressure. They are designed to allow you to get to a dealer/tire shop. As mentioned before, if run on low pressure, they can usually be repaired.
I never said they didn't start to brake down on zero pressure. I said they are designed to go up to 50 miles at 50 mph with zero pressure. The manufacture isn't going to take any risks that end up in court so I believe that is a safe recommendation! There is no way for anyone to tell if a tire was driven 5 or 50 miles or driven at 25 or 50 mph and since the recommendations are typically 50 miles at 50 mph it's a safe bet the tire is not a hazard within that range and probably well beyond to protect the manufacture from the ambulance chaser!!!
__________________
Dennis,

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-10-2016, 11:25 AM
bighorns's Avatar
bighorns bighorns is online now
Evil cider brewer
Location: Hi Dez, California
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22,078
Mein Auto: E92 335i M Sport
I was shown the inside sidewall of my runflat that had run on zero pressure by my tire guy when he pulled it off of the rim. There was obvious damage. It did what it was designed to do; got my wife home, but it was toast. Not all tire shops lie regarding repairability.
__________________
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=325723&dateline=1371746393


*NEW* delete pls 1K
3K
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Doctor Jeff Doctor Jeff is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Omaha, NE
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 134
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorns View Post
This has been discussed a lot in the E90 forums, since there is a greater desire to run high performance tires on these cars. The consensus over there is that carrying a small electric pump and a plug kit is the best alternative.
All due respect, Mr. Horn, but I ain't gonna plug and pump a tire by the side of I80 or I35. I have a AAA membership and drove my Z4 without RF's for a couple of years without a problem, but messing with tires on the interstate, where I do a lot of my driving, is not gonna happen.
__________________


2011 BMW X3 i35 (current)
2003 Acura CL (current--son drives)
2012 Itasca Navion IQ with Mercedes engine (current)
2012 Subaru WRX Premium (retired)
2004 BMW Z4 3.0 (retired)
2005 Honda CR-V (retired)
2003 Honda Accord Coupe (retired)
2003 Subaru Outback 2.5 (retired-)
1986 Saab 900 (retired)
1985 Audi 80 (retired)
1977 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback (retired)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-10-2016, 08:01 PM
bighorns's Avatar
bighorns bighorns is online now
Evil cider brewer
Location: Hi Dez, California
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22,078
Mein Auto: E92 335i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff View Post
All due respect, Mr. Horn, but I ain't gonna plug and pump a tire by the side of I80 or I35. I have a AAA membership and drove my Z4 without RF's for a couple of years without a problem, but messing with tires on the interstate, where I do a lot of my driving, is not gonna happen.
I agree. That's my method. But some people want alternatives, which is why I offered the plug/pump method.
__________________
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=325723&dateline=1371746393


*NEW* delete pls 1K
3K
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-11-2016, 06:35 AM
luigi524td luigi524td is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: The State of Southern NJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,227
Mein Auto: '13 535xDrive; '98 Z3 2.8
Tires - this goes round and round ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff View Post
All due respect, Mr. Horn, but I ain't gonna plug and pump a tire by the side of I80 or I35. I have a AAA membership and drove my Z4 without RF's for a couple of years without a problem, but messing with tires on the interstate, where I do a lot of my driving, is not gonna happen.
+2 - Or on a dark secondary road with no shoulders or if it's raining - snowing - too hot or too cold OR if I just don't feel like it !!

Even when I was a road warrior (10+ years driving 50,000+ miles a year) the number of times I had to deal with a totally crapped out tire = 2-3 that I can remember. Always took preventative measures even before tire sensors etc ... like a walk-around and look-see at tires ... back then a good eye could spot a tire that seemed less round than the others etc and I always carried a 12v compressor that could give me some driving time. When I was SOL it was a pothole that ate tire AND wheel ... no amount of slime or plugs was going to help out there - even a whole can of "fix-a-flat"I was keeping in the trunk went to waste :-(

Even with my RFTs I still do the walk-around not looking for a bulging sidewall (cuz they just don't!) BUT eyeballing the tread and sidewall as best I can for any possible signs of a nail or something that would damage the tire. I also avoid areas where there is a lot of new construction or home repairs - just seems that extra nails find their way out on the near-by streets :-(

That's just the start of it ... I still have that small 12V compressor in my cars with conventional tires AND a small air compressor at home for anytime I need to adjust my tire pressures for any reason. Best $100 I ever spent!
__________________
My opinions are free - you'll get exactly what you pay for!
Current: 2013- 535xDrive | 1998-Z3 2.8
Past: 2007-530xi | 2001-740i | 1998-740i | 1994-740i | 1986-524TD

"Seek and ye shall find" ... start with your owner's manual!


Click on the MrRebates logo/link below for cash back savings at on-line stores like Tirerack!
Mr. Rebates

Last edited by luigi524td; 04-11-2016 at 06:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-14-2016, 04:38 AM
Doctorx3 Doctorx3 is offline
Registered User
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2006 325xi titanium slvr
Re: tires I have Michelin stock on my 2014 X3 and I have 39,932Miles and the are telling my tread is very low and they should be replaced... I think it's too soon... Any thoughts guys????
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-14-2016, 08:20 AM
DjD-X5 DjD-X5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Jose
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 495
Mein Auto: '13 X5 xDrive 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorx3 View Post
Re: tires I have Michelin stock on my 2014 X3 and I have 39,932Miles and the are telling my tread is very low and they should be replaced... I think it's too soon... Any thoughts guys????
I would be very happy with any vehicle that gets 40,000 miles out of a set of tires. From time to time you'll hear of someone getting more but even with 60,000 mile rated tires I think reality is 40,000 is a decent lifetime.
__________________
Dennis,

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-23-2016, 05:57 PM
Design49er Design49er is offline
Registered User
Location: Oakland, CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 17
Mein Auto: 2004 BMW X3 3.0
2013 X3 @ 50k Miles New 3rd Set of RFTs

Original Goodyears ran to about 23,000, replaced with Pirelli P Zeroes which ran another 25,000 miles and just replaced with Bridgestone Potenzas, all RFT's. Had one flat at 200 miles so started out skeptical but have not had one since with any of the 3 brands.

Had a 2004 X3 with normal tires and liked Pirellis the best on this harder riding car. The 2013 X3 rides and handles much better and the Pirellis and Bridgestones seem pretty equal though hard to tell going from old worn tires to new ones with lots of tread. May try Dunlops or Conti's next just to see the difference.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-24-2016, 07:01 AM
kevink4 kevink4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: oklahoma
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: 2015 X3 xDrive28d
I'm just past 25,000 miles and still am not down to replacing tires. At my last service, I think they were down to 6/32" and 7/32". So I still have a ways to go. In Oklahoma, we don't get much snow, but I wouldn't want to take it down to the minimum legal tread depth either. Maybe I can make it another 12,000 miles?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-24-2016, 09:26 AM
/dev/null /dev/null is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 376
Mein Auto: 2014 X3 F25 xDrive 28i
I would go by the official recommendation. 4mm for winter, 3 mm for summer is my recollection (please look this up and don't go by my memory!). YOu start losing braking distance already before these points and there are article on the Web that show this as a function of tred depth, so it's also a safety factor. Some low-wearing tires will run up to 50k miles or so, and the typically softer and higher-performance ones won't, so it's all a compromise.
__________________
Current:
2014 BMW X3 x28i
Previous:
2013 BMW X3 x28i || 2012 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
2005 Toyota RAV4 || 2002 Dodge Durango
1988 Toyota 4Runner || 1978 Saab 99 Turbo
1974 Volvo 442 || 1971 Saab 99
1969 Jaguar E-Type (XKE) drophead coupe
1967 Mustang || 1966 Jaguar Mk II
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-24-2016, 10:39 AM
kevink4 kevink4 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: oklahoma
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: 2015 X3 xDrive28d
Quote:
Originally Posted by /dev/null View Post
I would go by the official recommendation. 4mm for winter, 3 mm for summer is my recollection (please look this up and don't go by my memory!)..
I looked it up earlier. 4 for snow. 2 is street legal, but not good for wet roads.

I didn't go with an AWD vehicle to let tires get bad enough to get in the way.

Hopefully, nothing happens forcing an emergency tire replacement. I would prefer to research my tires and get a good deal. You can't replace all 4 tires for $400 like you can with an inexpensive subcompact.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-29-2016, 11:01 AM
kargurin kargurin is offline
Registered User
Location: TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 86
Mein Auto: 2016 X3 xDrive28i
Whenever I get a tire puncture, 90% of the time I find out in the morning when I start my car. I figure the previous day (or two) I hit a nail and it took awhile for the pressure to slowly leak and hit the TPM threshold. That's why I keep a small foot actuated bike pump in the back. And usually do the pumping in my driveway. I've had one puncture in my X3 that is not quite a year old and I got the warning as I backed out of my driveway. I have the Pirelli's.....nice tire and good wear so far after 11K. Rotated them at 9k.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Greenlight Greenlight is offline
Registered User
Location: Colorado
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 28i
Ah - if it were only that easy to simply switch to non-ROF's. Better do more homework on this (and do it outside of this forum as it's rife with bad advice, which I eventually found out after reading enough posts to tempt me to change to non-ROF's).

Replacing with non-ROF's sent me into a nasty hole. The issue is that BMW softened their suspension to compensate for the ROF's stiffer sidewalls. My handling turned to mush after I put on the non-ROF's and thankfully the tire dealer exchanged for BMW-certified ROF's. ...You have been warned.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-07-2016, 11:08 AM
kargurin kargurin is offline
Registered User
Location: TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 86
Mein Auto: 2016 X3 xDrive28i
This makes intuitive sense to me. Anyone who has examined the RF sidewalls knows there is a night to day difference vs regular tires. Suspension has to account for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-07-2016, 09:28 PM
bighorns's Avatar
bighorns bighorns is online now
Evil cider brewer
Location: Hi Dez, California
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22,078
Mein Auto: E92 335i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlight View Post
Ah - if it were only that easy to simply switch to non-ROF's. Better do more homework on this (and do it outside of this forum as it's rife with bad advice, which I eventually found out after reading enough posts to tempt me to change to non-ROF's).

Replacing with non-ROF's sent me into a nasty hole. The issue is that BMW softened their suspension to compensate for the ROF's stiffer sidewalls. My handling turned to mush after I put on the non-ROF's and thankfully the tire dealer exchanged for BMW-certified ROF's. ...You have been warned.
14 posts, and 13 of them are extolling the virtues of Goodyear Eagle runflats? Weird.
__________________
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=325723&dateline=1371746393


*NEW* delete pls 1K
3K
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-09-2016, 05:58 AM
BatteryPowered's Avatar
BatteryPowered BatteryPowered is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 402
Mein Auto: '16 X3 2.8 xdrive
Always switched stock RFTs to go flats within a week of getting new BMW, mostly because stock tires were summer compound. I was going to keep stock all season tires that came with X3 (Eagle LS2), but after reading some reviews decided against it. Pretty bad all around tire with $280 price tag. Switched to Pirelli Nero Zero (high performance all season), 1/3 the price of original tires, better performance and comes with 2 year road hazard warranty.
I have small electric compressor and plug kit in car. Wife drives the car most of time and had to use pump few times to deal with minor flat tire.
__________________
Prior BMWs:
2011 E90 328i (ED)
2013 E82 135i
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-09-2016, 06:49 AM
/dev/null /dev/null is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Arizona
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 376
Mein Auto: 2014 X3 F25 xDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryPowered View Post
Always switched stock RFTs to go flats within a week of getting new BMW, mostly because stock tires were summer compound. I was going to keep stock all season tires that came with X3 (Eagle LS2), but after reading some reviews decided against it. Pretty bad all around tire with $280 price tag. Switched to Pirelli Nero Zero (high performance all season), 1/3 the price of original tires, better performance and comes with 2 year road hazard warranty.
I have small electric compressor and plug kit in car. Wife drives the car most of time and had to use pump few times to deal with minor flat tire.
Not the greatest reviews, especially on non dry pavement, plus these do not show up as a standard fit for the X3 x28i on tirerack: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ero+All+Season
__________________
Current:
2014 BMW X3 x28i
Previous:
2013 BMW X3 x28i || 2012 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
2005 Toyota RAV4 || 2002 Dodge Durango
1988 Toyota 4Runner || 1978 Saab 99 Turbo
1974 Volvo 442 || 1971 Saab 99
1969 Jaguar E-Type (XKE) drophead coupe
1967 Mustang || 1966 Jaguar Mk II
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms