Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E92 M3 using ED
I like to get this color every time I see a lighter shade interior but I never did. I always ended up withe the black leather. But they sure look elegant. Maybe next time, again.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
I have 1 2013 X3 with oyster leather seats. only 2 mos old. I already have brown leather belt stains on the lower back of the seat that I CANNOT get out. I have tried just about everything that won't cause damage to the leather. I have read about the 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 Woolite cleaning recommendation, but have not tried that yet. Apparently the leather stain from the belt "transfers" to the lether seat. It doesn't just get on the top surface of the seat - it actually goes into the leather!!! (I think this is what happens with the blue jean dye too) I LOVE look of the white leather against the black lower color (my car is the vermillion red), but be aware about the staining. I paid for the Cilajet paint treatment when I bought the car and was under the "impression" that they treated the seats with something too, but after looking at the belt stain, I don't believe it!

If anyone has recommendations for getting the stain out - I am open to suggestions. I DID order some Lexol leather cleaner, but it has not arrived yet.

THANKS!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5 35D
I have had three Bimmers in the last 12 years now. Two had Sand leather, and the current one is in Oyster. While my jeans stain the seats, it is fairly easy to remove with Lexol cleaner if you do it regularly. I also would use the spray cleaner and separate conditioner -- both from Lexol. I have never had a belt stain the seats....must be a big, dark belt. Either way, I would caution against using non-leather cleaners on your seats, as the PH balance of the product will be different, and you run the risk of doing permanent damage. Keep us posted on how it turns out.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i/ Ody Touring
6 weeks, Oyster has no issues, incl. a mild coffee spillage, cleaned in 10 mins without panic, forgot which of the 4 seats it happened
Old 08-08-2012, 01:45 AM

Mein Auto: F25 3.0D MSport
After one year of use I have a slight belt mark on the bolster. The offending belt is a wide brown leather belt, I just about always wear this belt. It doesn't bother me and I know from my previous BMWs that this bolster will soon start to show signs of wear anyway...
Old 08-08-2012, 09:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5 35D
The bolsters definitely show wear first, and they are the most difficult to keep clean. I actually did a quick wash on my car yesterday after getting some type of tree sap on it, and I removed some blue jean staining from the drivers seat. I had to work a bit more on the bolsters, but in 10 minutes - it was like new. Of course, the car is only 6 weeks old...so I guess it should be
Old 08-09-2012, 09:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to BUYSELLFIL Send a message via Yahoo to BUYSELLFIL Send a message via Skype™ to BUYSELLFIL
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 3.5
Lol...

Considering I wear dark colored jeans all the time I can't wait. That is why I bought the ReinstAll so that the dealership can deal with restoring the color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Bimmer App
Old 11-21-2013, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3
Nevada Leather

Hi all, London, England calling. My first Post.

I have ridden BMW bikes for the last 16 years, but had not owned a Beamer Box since 1992 (525i). when I took delivery of my used (May12, 10k miles) X3 in August.

It has beige Nevada (which means beige all over - if I had my time again -blah blah).

I have found that a new pair of blue jeans will "blue" the seat in no time flat. "So clean it" I hear you cry. Ah! But with what?

The BMW Leather Care kit warns that it should not be used on full-grain leather. However, they do not explain which of their leather options is "full-grain". Can anyone help please?

Having read the labels on the several products available at my local store and then still being non the wiser, I risked Autoglym leather cleaner. It worked fine; the blue jean stain has gone. Of course I may, by using this product, have done the leather a disservice. Have I? ( I know; of course I should have asked first!)

So, my next question (which I am asking first): Should Nevada leather be treated to a conditioning cream? If so, what would you recommend?

Finally, any other other members own an "all beige"X3/5?

Thanks and best regards
Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 AM

Mein Auto: 96Impreza,07Vette,11X335i
http://www.lexol.com/
'11 BMW X3 35i, white