Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 Sportwagon
ZVP - Value Package on GT

I am completely confused about what is included in the ZVP. Even one of the dealers I have contacted needed to verify because of conflicting information. The quote another dealer provided states $0 for:

Navigation System
Head-up Display
On-line information services
Smartphone integration
BMW apps
Real Time Traffic

The BMW site states that rear camera and keyless access is included as well, but this 2nd dealer added $1600 for the ZPP - Premium Package...which is keyless access and soft-close doors.

Also, the Build Your Own feature on bmwusa.com has heated front seats included in price but $950 for Cold Weather package...which adds heated back seats and steering wheel.

I'm interested in ED in early September, so I'd like to get this ordered and then plan my trip. Input and clarification much appreciated.
Ads by Google
Old 05-31-2012, 07:56 AM

Just chatted with dealer #4...A&L in Monroeville, PA, and found out answers to my question. The ZVP is included in the price of the car and it does include a rear camera. Also, heated front seats are $0 but it's $950 for Cold Weather package = heated rear and steering wheel. Do I need this option or would money be better spent on rear and side window shades?

Also, Premium Package @ $1600 retail is Comfort Access...I have it now and I have love/hate relationship with it. More LOVE, but it locked me out of my car once, and that was definitely HATE. BMW could not help me open car via satellite so $70 spent on locksmith. Why do bad things happen when I'm hours away from home?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: 330i
Value Package

I'm waiting for my redelivery for a GT. My value package(ordered for ED in Jan) came with Key-less entry, Navigation, Garage Door opener, Power Tailgate, and Rear View Cam.
That's what they still show on bmwusa.com, build your own
Old 05-31-2012, 02:10 PM

Mein Auto: 550iX GT
Heated steering wheel is a GREAT option in cold weather which I assume you have in PA. The rear seat heaters will be appreciated by friends during the cold winters.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: 05 G35X; 09 335 vert
can't answer your ZVP questions. Re: cold weather versus window shades -- if you have to pick one, I'd go with cold weather. We had our windows tinted and almost never use the rear window shades. (I also don't like how the rear window shade basically just pops up and slides against the window. It's not actually attached to anything for support except at the base. In our old 7, the window shades would connect somewhere on the top of the door frame as well as the base.)

our 2011 came before the ZVP was offered. We ended up getting quite a few options due to the way the packages were offered at that time. I think the ZVP package is nice because it groups together common, useful options into one package rather than forcing you to select several packages, even though you only want 1 or 2 things out of each package.

09 335 vert - ED Feb 09
06 325 vert - gone
05 G35x - winter
Old 05-31-2012, 04:53 PM

Kashrahman...who did your window tints? They look great!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535ix GT
ZVP for 2012 model GT's vs 2013 model GT's has changed again.... If a dealer is looking at the 2012 configurator, he will see what is on the production line and ready to go. if they wait to order the 2013, it is different.

2012 GT ZVP (on 535) : Key-less entry, Navigation, Garage Door opener, Power Tailgate, and Rear View Cam

Go to the 2013 price list to see what is included this year. Did not make sense why they changed it to me...
Old 06-01-2012, 02:16 PM
figuring out my iDrive

Mein Auto: '11 535 GT xDrive
Heated steering wheel and keyless entry For The Win!