Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
NY / NJ / CT

Old 02-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 X5
Looking for Indoor or warm water carwash?

I can't take it anymore, I feel like the salt is eating my paint away.
I tried to hose it off the other day, it immediately froze on contact even when the car was running for over 15 minutes.

I took it to brushless carwash, I thought it should be fine at 30F, no it wasnt.. Windchill froze all the crap that did not get blown away (stuff like wash shampoo at nooks and crannies). It got rid of most of the salt but nowhere near enough.

Does anyone know an indoor carwash place in Queens/Brooklyn/Manhattan/Nassau that I can drive and get her cleaned?
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2015, 09:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 Chevy Corvette z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
I can't take it anymore, I feel like the salt is eating my paint away.
I tried to hose it off the other day, it immediately froze on contact even when the car was running for over 15 minutes.

I took it to brushless carwash, I thought it should be fine at 30F, no it wasnt.. Windchill froze all the crap that did not get blown away (stuff like wash shampoo at nooks and crannies). It got rid of most of the salt but nowhere near enough.

Does anyone know an indoor carwash place in Queens/Brooklyn/Manhattan/Nassau that I can drive and get her cleaned?
auto bath in brooklyn is a hand wash (diff owner now than used to be) pretty sure it is on bay 19th street.... the original owner that I am friends with has a machine wash in rockaway and staten island . 116th and beach channel drive. I am normally against machine washes but the owner is a great guy and is constantly cleaning, upgrading, doing maintenance on the brushes and all the machines and everything and alota people take high end cars there

also there is the wash experts 2390 mcdonald avenue that I heard is pretty good its an indoor hand wash

Last edited by 6spdg37s; 02-17-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:56 AM

Thanks.
I drove by two indoor handwash places, they were closed. I think it's mainly because they are not actual indoor handwash, they are more like a tunnel with no way to close the doors, so they rather stay closed during frigid temperatures.
Both places (mcdonald and bay 19th) are pretty far from me, I am usually between LIC and Cross Island area of Queens, as well as La Guardia, Northern, & Astoria etc.. and Greenpoint & Williamsburg part of Brooklyn. I can cross any bridge to city, and of course Nassau is not a problem either.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 Chevy Corvette z06
Quote:
Thanks.
I drove by two indoor handwash places, they were closed. I think it's mainly because they are not actual indoor handwash, they are more like a tunnel with no way to close the doors, so they rather stay closed during frigid temperatures.
Both places (mcdonald and bay 19th) are pretty far from me, I am usually between LIC and Cross Island area of Queens, as well as La Guardia, Northern, & Astoria etc.. and Greenpoint & Williamsburg part of Brooklyn. I can cross any bridge to city, and of course Nassau is not a problem either.
gotcha wish I could help you more man !

all of my family is in bay ridge/ dyker/ bensonhurst/ bath beach area or staten island so I am most familiar with those areas... If i Come across anyone more out by you I will let you know.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:56 PM

No problem, thanks for the suggestion anyway. I'll look around in my area as well.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:43 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi Msport Alpine
How about here, I used them once like 3 yrs ago.. google maps the address.
Beverly Hills Detailing Center,
7011 Astoria Blvd
East Elmhurst, NY 11370
(718) 777-7600

2016 F15 Msport--Pickup 12/29/15
Alpine White/Mocha Nappa Interior Design/469M Wheels/
Cold Weather/Luxury Seating/Premium/Driver Assistant/
Driver Assistant Plus/Harmon Kardon/Ceramic Controls/
Rear Manual Shades

Retired: 2013 F10 Msport
Old 02-17-2015, 06:38 PM
Casual Fanatic

Mein Auto: 2007 530xi 6 speed manual
Years ago, they used to have coin-op self car washes where I lived in Central CT. Bays were heated and hoses dispensed warm water. I used to bring a bucket, fill it up and wash the whole car for a few quarters (Yes, it was QUITE a few years ago.) Anyway, when I got home, I was trapped in my car! Couldn't get out! All the doors were frozen shut. Had to honk the horn to alert my family to bring out some hot water to thaw my door.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmassive75 View Post
7011 Astoria Blvd
East Elmhurst, NY 11370
(718) 777-7600
I drive by this place every once in a while, I always see them dry cars on the side of the street, way out on the street, a weird situation but since they tend to drive them off the property and dry them outside, I don't think they are going to be doing that in these frigid temps. I'll definitely drive by just to see if they are open though.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Arras View Post
Years ago, they used to have coin-op self car washes where I lived in Central CT. Bays were heated and hoses dispensed warm water. I used to bring a bucket, fill it up and wash the whole car for a few quarters (Yes, it was QUITE a few years ago.) Anyway, when I got home, I was trapped in my car! Couldn't get out! All the doors were frozen shut. Had to honk the horn to alert my family to bring out some hot water to thaw my door.
Good one. I had this almost happen to me, luckily the brushless car wash place had a good blower to blow all that water away, except for the mirrors. When my mirrors folded, I could hear the ice cracking, good thing it didn't break anything.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:19 AM

Mein Auto: m3
Go check out Big A detailing. He is in plainview now.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:20 AM

Mein Auto:
Go to a citgo and have the machines do it ! Going there later it does a good job
Old 02-22-2015, 12:17 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 15 M3/16 M2/01 S4
if you want to venture to us in NJ we are set up -

Winter - Salt Removal Wash and Protect services offered at our location.

Helpful Winter Tips:
  • Keeping your vehicle as clean as possible during the winter will go a long way to cut down the damage done by salt and sand.
  • Take your vehicle to the car wash as often as possible. (self operated/ touch less) Many car washes in the "snow belt" offer steam cleaning and undercarriage cleaning will be a plus.
  • Have your car re-waxed and sealed when you have it washed.
Make sure the car is completely dry
  • Carefully dry the edges of the doors inside and out, including the undersides of door handles, all hinges, plus the hood and trunk edges. This helps keep them from freezing shut.
  • Use a good quality spray protectant on all exterior rubber or vinyl surfaces. It may be best to spray they applicator you are using instead of spraying the product directly onto the surface. This will avoid any overspray onto the paint.

This BMW 435 X Drive receives a salt removal wash and protect.

Salt Removal - Wash and Protect

Depending on the size of the vehicle we are offering this service starting at $40 to all forum members. (price depends on vehicle size)

compacts - (1 series /GTI) - $40
mid size - (3 series / A4) - $50
suv's - (X5/X3) - $60
large suv's (Q7/Escalades) - $75

Location - 70 Oak St, Unit 102, Norwood, NJ 07648

Email or drop us a call to schedule your car(s) in - phil@detailersdomain.com - 201-768-1818
Tel: 201-768-1818
Promo Code: BMW (10% off)
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Instagram
Old 02-22-2015, 03:26 PM
BMWCCA '505245

Send a message via AIM to LycanNyc
Mein Auto: F26 X4 M40i LBB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyrozae46 View Post
Go to a citgo and have the machines do it ! Going there later it does a good job
Let us know how your car comes out after wards
I've tried a $7 2-3minute hand car wash in Union City, NJ and all the water surrounding my tires were completely frozen

Bootmod3 0-120mph
Check out my YouTube Channel
IG:@Frikiton

Member: BMWCCA #505245
Old 02-23-2015, 10:01 AM

Mein Auto:
I had a picture but deleted it before seing this .. It did a great job. I got the surpreme wash did the underneath of the car and washed it twice I think lol. Also it didn't get my wheels that good I wiped whatever the machine missed down with a rag. Other then that it did a great job. Going back tomorrow and I will have a picture !
Old 02-23-2015, 10:01 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LycanNyc View Post
Let us know how your car comes out after wards

I've tried a $7 2-3minute hand car wash in Union City, NJ and all the water surrounding my tires were completely frozen

I had a picture but deleted it before seing this .. It did a great job. I got the surpreme wash did the underneath of the car and washed it twice I think lol. Also it didn't get my wheels that good I wiped whatever the machine missed down with a rag. Other then that it did a great job. Going back tomorrow and I will have a picture !
Old 03-10-2015, 07:55 PM
BMWCCA '505245

I'm going to Spotless Self Service car wash in hackensack, nj has Self-Service, Touchless and Automatic

Bootmod3 0-120mph

Last edited by LycanNyc; 02-12-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 X5 ///Msport 35i
I use these guys all the time. They are in NJ but just right on the other side of the GWB. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1426171872.081183.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	497034
Old 03-12-2015, 08:42 AM
BMWCCA '505245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
I use these guys all the time. They are in NJ but just right on the other side of the GWB. Attachment 497034
Pricey but they're not bad, but for the money its not a favorite.
Yelp says as well.

Bootmod3 0-120mph

Old 03-12-2015, 01:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 X5 ///Msport 35i
I typically do exterior only... and I normally go on Wed. customer appreciation day which is $2 or $3 off. $14 for a exterior hand wash is not bad for me.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:18 PM
BMWCCA '505245

.edit

Bootmod3 0-120mph

Last edited by LycanNyc; 02-12-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 528i xDrive
Quote:
Just got a groupon deal for the following u should consider since you live in NJ

Getting this complete interior exterior detail end of March for Spring here in Englewood http://www.groupon.com/deals/3-k-s-h...ource=deal_ita

And bought 3 of these
One or Three King Car Washes at Royal Touch Hand Car Wash http://www.groupon.com/deals/royal-t...ource=deal_ita

Also, I like the Spotless http://www.yelp.com/biz/spotless-self-serv-hackensack
Self-service, Touchless and Automatic 24hr open
I checked out detailers domain online and their work seems to be well worth the price so I will be giving them a try. The places you mentioned aren't for those who pay attention to detail when it comes to their car. If you don't care about minor cosmetic flaws then you are good but me personally I am anal when it comes to my car and like for them to take their time washing my car. That spotless wash in hackensack is only good for if you wash your own car on the self serve side otherwise it makes me cringe at the idea of running my car through an automatic wash. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2016 550ix M Sport
Any updates here on touchless car washes that people like? I usually hand wash on my own, but given this colder weather will need to go somewhere to get it done.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 335i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmassive75 View Post
7011 Astoria Blvd
East Elmhurst, NY 11370
(718) 777-7600

Quote:
I drive by this place every once in a while, I always see them dry cars on the side of the street, way out on the street, a weird situation but since they tend to drive them off the property and dry them outside, I don't think they are going to be doing that in these frigid temps. I'll definitely drive by just to see if they are open though.
That place used to be good but no more...at least for my standards. I used to live couple blocks away and was taking my car there (nowhere else) at least twice/month. When I noticed my hood lightly scratched in circles, sign of dirty towel used to dry the car and I told them, they disregarded the fact I was going there all the time and tried to blame it on me. Then they offered to "give me a free carwash". Needless to say, I never went back.

In the past 2 years, I only go to Hydros in Astoria. They are on Steinway st. and 20th ave I think, indoors and use hot water.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:36 PM
BMWCCA '505245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiro G View Post
That place used to be good but no more...at least for my standards. I used to live couple blocks away and was taking my car there (nowhere else) at least twice/month. When I noticed my hood lightly scratched in circles, sign of dirty towel used to dry the car and I told them, they disregarded the fact I was going there all the time and tried to blame it on me. Then they offered to "give me a free carwash". Needless to say, I never went back.

In the past 2 years, I only go to Hydros in Astoria. They are on Steinway st. and 20th ave I think, indoors and use hot water.
How much is Hydros?

I've been going to Exclusive in Elmhurst

Bootmod3 0-120mph

Old 02-15-2017, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 335i xdrive
Quote:
How much is Hydros?

I've been going to Exclusive in Elmhurst
They are not the cheapest ones around but I love the way they treat my car. I think they start at $30 for a regular in/out with hot water etc and add a little if u want wax etc.

How much does Exclusive charge? I might try them because my car is FILTHY
Old 02-15-2017, 04:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 550ix M Sport
I went to Spotless in Hackensack, NJ. Although they have a regular drive-through car wash, the better option is the touchless wash in the back. (Don't wait in line, but around towards the back and you'll see the 1 touchless pay. It is similar to the Laserwash, but a different model. Works well and nothing touches your car. The wash system rotates around your car. No swirl marks to worry about. The only downside is the drying machine does not rotate around, but you just drive out of the bay and it barely drys your car - but just bring some good waffle weave drying cloths and dry it yourself afterwards.

http://www.spotlessautolaundries.com/touchless.html

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT
Today's Posts Search