Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
Weird. I installed a new set of wheels/tires/TPMS a month ago or so. Initially the pressures didn't show after resetting the TPMS system, even though each tire on the display went "green". A couple of miles later, the pressures started showing and continue to show.
That is the way it is suposed to work. You don't get the numbers until the wheels have been rolling for a bit. We coded my car in June and they have never shown the data.

And it seems to have taken, I've been in and out of the car all day and the data still displays.

FWIW
DLM
Old 12-19-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmguy View Post
I would be willing to bump a curb to get mine to work... If it was certain....
Mine have been green no errors or data for months now....

Tk
I'm pretty sure that couldn't be what made them work, it wasn't really that big a thump. But you never know.

Although it just occured to me that I have changed phones. My BlackBerry pooped out and I'm using a new iPhone. I have not bothered to set up the BT connection. I wonder if there was interfeerance with the signals. I think the BT still works on my BB maybe I'll give that a try tomorrow...

FWIW
DLM
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunz View Post
I'm pretty sure that couldn't be what made them work, it wasn't really that big a thump. But you never know.

Although it just occured to me that I have changed phones. My BlackBerry pooped out and I'm using a new iPhone. I have not bothered to set up the BT connection. I wonder if there was interfeerance with the signals. I think the BT still works on my BB maybe I'll give that a try tomorrow...

FWIW
DLM
Ok, I tried this and having the Backberry BT connection on did not interfere with the data.

So I guess the sensors just need a good thump to get them to behave.

FWIW
DLM
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan 550xi
Well,I guess one must now try the curb bumping approach to see if that is what will make it work!

I wish I could get mine to work... I was looking for additional parts to receive the TPMS data, which I think is what Shawn was saying my car is missing - but I cant find a good way to confirm approach/parts list needed to make it work;

After my last experience with the retrofit of the DVD changer (which is now 4 weeks and I still don't have my car back) no sure I want to try adding parts again! oddly; the issues were with the latest Integration level and causing codes in stuff like side view camera's etc and not the DVD changer project itself...

If anyone has done the TPMS upgrade and had to add the receiver and recode the car, I would love to hear how it was done :-)
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 550i
Model: 2013 550i
Build Date: 11-13
Delivery Date:12-20
Did you ever change the wheels and/or tires: No
TPMS Type: TPMS
Tires: Dunlop Sport Maxx
Air/Nitrogen/Other: air

Figured this would be the best thread to ask this question.. How do you turn the whole TPMS off??

I was coding my friends '12 750Li active hybrid and he switched out wheels on the car but doesn't want to switch out the sensors. He wants to get rid of the warning in iDrive and on the dash, I tried turning RDC from aktiv to nicht_aktiv and it did not effect the warning.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.80301 View Post
Model: 2013 550i
Build Date: 11-13
Delivery Date:12-20
Did you ever change the wheels and/or tires: No
TPMS Type: TPMS
Tires: Dunlop Sport Maxx
Air/Nitrogen/Other: air

Figured this would be the best thread to ask this question.. How do you turn the whole TPMS off??

I was coding my friends '12 750Li active hybrid and he switched out wheels on the car but doesn't want to switch out the sensors. He wants to get rid of the warning in iDrive and on the dash, I tried turning RDC from aktiv to nicht_aktiv and it did not effect the warning.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
It's a bitch to kill it. You will need to code it and pull a fuse out to completely rid yourself of it.

Read this:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...highlight=fuse

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 550i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
This only works with TPMS, Option 2VB.

1) Go to www.bmwvin.com and put your Short VIN in an make sure you have 2VB.

2) Assuming you have 2VB, make sure the following is coded:

ICM:
IcmKod_B_SA2VB = verbaut

CIC:
RPA_CIC = nicht_aktiv
RDC = aktiv
RDC_SAFETY = aktiv

If you do not have 2VB (TPMS), RPA_CIC (FTMS) should be aktiv, and PSI/Temp will not work.

If you have 2VB, and all the above coding is correct, and you still do not have PSI/Temp, your screwed.
I just tried coding this feature and unfortunately it's not working even though I do have the 2VB option. All I'm getting are the the three dashes. I tried verifying the above settings recommended by Shawn but I was unable to find the IcmKod_B_SA2VB key. This is my first time coding though so I might not be looking in the right place.

Anybody have any advice on what to try next?

2012 550i | M Sport | Space Gray | Black Dakota | Anthracite | Ceramic | Sport Trans | ARS | HUD | Convenience | Cold Weather | Luxury Seating | Premium Sound

Prior
2008 STS-V ( retired )
2004 CTS-V ( retired )
Old 01-25-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanman2012 View Post
I just tried coding this feature and unfortunately it's not working even though I do have the 2VB option. All I'm getting are the the three dashes. I tried verifying the above settings recommended by Shawn but I was unable to find the IcmKod_B_SA2VB key. This is my first time coding though so I might not be looking in the right place.

Anybody have any advice on what to try next?
With 2VB in your VO, IcmKod_B_SA2VB should already be set to verbaut, so I do not think this is your issue at all.

However, if you insist on verifying it, use the Search Box in E-Sys, and look in your ICM ECU for "2VB", and see if you can find IcmKod_B_SA2VB or something similar to it. The Search Box only searches from Top to Bottom, so make sure you start at the very beginning of the CAFD.

You should reset TPMS and drive the car afterwards before the Pressure Temp appears where the 3 dashes are.

If it still does not work, then, and for reasons unknown, your are one of the unfortunate few that it just won't work for.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 01-25-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 PM
The Coder guy in N.Y

Mein Auto: bmw
Yeah this is a hit or miss with each car...Some work right off the bat and some dont work for crap..Its like cracker jack box...Dont know until you open up the box to see the prize you got!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 AM

Unfortunately it's still not working for me. When I first start the car it says the following in a gray bar across the bottom of the screen.

"Status: Tire pressure and temperature measurement..."

Any way to see that the rest of that status message is? I'm assuming it's something like "Tire pressure and temperature measurement system initializing" but I would still like see the full status message.

Also, is the pressure and temperature display a standard / supported option on European cars? If so, maybe we can find a European troubleshooting guide that will tell us what to check when a sensor isn't reporting pressure and temperature.

2012 550i | M Sport | Space Gray | Black Dakota | Anthracite | Ceramic | Sport Trans | ARS | HUD | Convenience | Cold Weather | Luxury Seating | Premium Sound

Prior
2008 STS-V ( retired )
2004 CTS-V ( retired )
Old 01-26-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately it's still not working for me. When I first start the car it says the following in a gray bar across the bottom of the screen.

Any way to see that the rest of that status message is? I'm assuming it's something like "Tire pressure and temperature measurement system initializing" but I would still like see the full status message.

Also, is the pressure and temperature display a standard / supported option on European cars? If so, maybe we can find a European troubleshooting guide that will tell us what to check when a sensor isn't reporting pressure and temperature.
ECE cars have FTM, not TPMS, so they have no sensors. FTM works on tire rotation speed only to detect low tire pressure.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:20 PM

Does anyone know of a way to see the rest of that status message?

Also, What are the components of the TPM system? Just wondering if the part that receives the signal from the sensor in the tire needs to be programmed to listen for both psi and temp.

Prior
2008 STS-V ( retired )
2004 CTS-V ( retired )
Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know of a way to see the rest of that status message?

Also, What are the components of the TPM system? Just wondering if the part that receives the signal from the sensor in the tire needs to be programmed to listen for both psi and temp.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...55&hg=36&fg=15

Click image for larger version

Name:	F10 535i - Tire pressure control (RDC) - ctrl unit (1).png
Views:	84
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	359583 Click image for larger version

Name:	F10 535i - Tire pressure control (RDC) - ctrl unit (2).png
Views:	70
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	359584

Old 02-17-2013, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Was the mystery ever solved?
Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92116 View Post
Was the mystery ever solved?
I don't think so, although it has been a very long time since I have seen or heard of a 2VB equipped car where it has not worked.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: 12 BMW 535I MS Alpine Wht
Quote:
Chuck, I'm not sure what happened in your case. I have not heard of this happening to anyone else, and I have coded this on many cars with the 46.6 update up though 47.4, and I have yet you see an ISTA/P version that it does not work on.

I would go back and double check the coding in my Post # 72.
OK Shawn, need some help here. itchase (Chase) programed my car in early 2012 and the TPMS PSI & Temp Data were all there and worked. I got both the temp and PSI.

In June 2012 I had the global update done and promptly took the car back to Chase to have everything recoded. When he attempted to activate the TPMS Data we got the dreaded "---".

Yesterday Chase added some coding to my car and I brought the info from Post 72;

ICM:
IcmKod_B_SA2VB = verbaut

CIC:
RPA_CIC = nicht_aktiv
RDC = aktiv
RDC_SAFETY = aktiv

The CIC is set up correctly from our last attempt. We couldn't find the ICM part though. Is it hidden anywhere special. We found two ICM modules and there were no "IcmKod_B_SA2VB" in there.

Suggestions? TIA.

Mods - Quad Exhaust Tips, HID Fog Lights, Clear Front Reflectors, M5 Spoiler, Calipers Painted Black, 12.5 mm Rear Wheel Spacers, Tint - 5% Rear, 35% Front & 50% Windshield - BlackVue DR500GW Dash Cam, Blendmount for Valentine One

Coding by tuesday (aka; itschase) (Chase)

Last edited by Chuck W.; 02-28-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
OK Shawn, need some help here. itchase (Chase) programed my car in early 2012 and the TPMS PSI & Temp Data were all there and worked. I got both the temp and PSI.

In June 2012 I had the global update done and promptly took the car back to Chase to have everything recoded. When he attempted to activate the TPMS Data we got the dreaded "---".

Yesterday Chase added some coding to my car and I brought the info from Post 72;

ICM:
IcmKod_B_SA2VB = verbaut

CIC:
RPA_CIC = nicht_aktiv
RDC = aktiv
RDC_SAFETY = aktiv

The CIC is set up correctly from our last attempt. We couldn't find the ICM part though. Is it hidden anywhere special. We found two ICM modules and there were no "IcmKod_B_SA2VB" in there.

Suggestions? TIA.
It is not hidden. It is in ICM_QL [1c] CAFD as follows:

CAF [ICMQL]
3000 Daten, F8
Funktionen
IcmKod_B_SA2VB = verbaut

Old 02-28-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
It is not hidden. It is in ICM_QL [1c] CAFD as follows:

CAF [ICMQL]
3000 Daten, F8
Funktionen
IcmKod_B_SA2VB = verbaut
Good deal. Thanks.

Mods - Quad Exhaust Tips, HID Fog Lights, Clear Front Reflectors, M5 Spoiler, Calipers Painted Black, 12.5 mm Rear Wheel Spacers, Tint - 5% Rear, 35% Front & 50% Windshield - BlackVue DR500GW Dash Cam, Blendmount for Valentine One

Old 03-02-2013, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: MB E500 4matic
Chuck -

Were you able to get your TPMS back? I just had dreamcar reprogram my car (after it was updated by my dealer a month ago). Dreamcar programmed me in the spring of 2012, and TPMS worked, we couldn't get it going this time around.

Aceman
Old 03-02-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
Chuck -

Were you able to get your TPMS back? I just had dreamcar reprogram my car (after it was updated by my dealer a month ago). Dreamcar programmed me in the spring of 2012, and TPMS worked, we couldn't get it going this time around.

Aceman

No. itschase (Chase) has tried twice now without success. The ICM_QL [1c] CAFD as follows: CAF [ICMQL] 3000 Daten, F8 Funktionen IcmKod_B_SA2VB = verbaut as Shawn recommended is no where to be found. I guessing the Global Update added something or took away something that prevents us from recovering the TPMS PSI & Temp Data.

Last edited by Chuck W.; 03-02-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:16 PM

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:
No. itchase (Chase) has tried twice now without success. The ICM_QL [1c] CAFD as follows: CAF [ICMQL] 3000 Daten, F8 Funktionen IcmKod_B_SA2VB = verbaut as Shawn recommended is no where to be found. I guessing the Global Update added something or took away something that prevents us from recovering the TPMS PSI & Temp Data.
Aceman has 2VB and IcmKod_B_SA2VB was set verbaut but still no go for him.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
Aceman has 2VB and IcmKod_B_SA2VB was set verbaut but still no go for him.
What ISTA/P is on these cars? 48.3 or the new 49.0?

Old 03-03-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
What ISTA/P is on these cars? 48.3 or the new 49.0?

he got his car flashed like 5 weeks back. do you think the dealers already have access to 49?

i didn't pay attention to the i level, even though he asked me about it.. Lazy me.

I think i saw 503 at the end in the i level. any ways will ask him to export the profile again.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:35 AM

Quote:
No. itschase (Chase) has tried twice now without success. The ICM_QL [1c] CAFD as follows: CAF [ICMQL] 3000 Daten, F8 Funktionen IcmKod_B_SA2VB = verbaut as Shawn recommended is no where to be found. I guessing the Global Update added something or took away something that prevents us from recovering the TPMS PSI & Temp Data.
looks like there are two modules starting with ICM even i got confused initially as i was looking for it in a wrong module.

I am pretty confident you already have this.

when did you get your car flashed?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
he got his car flashed like 5 weeks back. do you think the dealers already have access to 49?

i didn't pay attention to the i level, even though he asked me about it.. Lazy me.

I think i saw 503 at the end in the i level. any ways will ask him to export the profile again.
Ok. Thanks. 49.0.3 just went to dealers last week, so it must be 48.3.