Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Performance Center Delivery

Performance Center Delivery
Are you interested in picking up your new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in beautiful South Carolina? Get all your questions about picking up your car answered here by staff from the Performance Delivery Center and other members who have already had the experience! ... View the PDC Wiki -- View the Delivery Date Calendar -- Add Your Delivery Date to the Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-06-2012, 08:58 PM
BruinsBMW BruinsBMW is offline
Registered User
Location: Taylors, SC
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: 2012 335i E93
Pdc 7/19/12

Hello, Bimmerfest! I'm looking forward to taking delivery of my first BMW on 7/19/12 at the Performance Center. I've lived about 20 minutes away from the BMW plant in Spartanburg for 20 years (since it was built), but never have had occasion to visit... Until now.
__________________
Michael Moore


2012 335i E93 Le Mans Blue | Saddle Brown | M Sport | Convenience | Cold Weather | Premium | PCD 7/19/12
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 AM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Congrats! Look forward to meeting you on July 19th.
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-29-2012, 07:47 PM
BruinsBMW BruinsBMW is offline
Registered User
Location: Taylors, SC
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: 2012 335i E93
Hi, Jonathan. I have a couple questions if you've got a moment...

My CA at the dealer told me I am lined up for a PCD on 7/19, but I have not received any correspondence from the PC yet. Should I be concerned?

I have a friend who works at the Spartanburg plant, and he seems to think the lines may be shut down on my delivery date, so no tour will be available. Can you confirm/correct this?

Thanks in advance!

Michael Moore
__________________
Michael Moore


2012 335i E93 Le Mans Blue | Saddle Brown | M Sport | Convenience | Cold Weather | Premium | PCD 7/19/12
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2012, 03:17 PM
JimD1 JimD1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Lexington, SC
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 922
Mein Auto: 128i convertible
Jonathan is pretty good about answering posts here but you can also call the Performance Center. You will enjoy the PCD - and the new BMW. I live an hour and a half away and enjoyed taking delivery of my first bimmer there in 2009. The question about the factory should be an easy one, the scheduling thing is tougher, you may hear back through you dealer.

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2012, 07:05 PM
BruinsBMW BruinsBMW is offline
Registered User
Location: Taylors, SC
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: 2012 335i E93
Thanks, Jim. I may give them a call on Monday.
__________________
Michael Moore


2012 335i E93 Le Mans Blue | Saddle Brown | M Sport | Convenience | Cold Weather | Premium | PCD 7/19/12
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-02-2012, 06:57 AM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBMW View Post
Hi, Jonathan. I have a couple questions if you've got a moment...

My CA at the dealer told me I am lined up for a PCD on 7/19, but I have not received any correspondence from the PC yet. Should I be concerned?

I have a friend who works at the Spartanburg plant, and he seems to think the lines may be shut down on my delivery date, so no tour will be available. Can you confirm/correct this?

Thanks in advance!

Michael Moore
Sorry for the delay... I've been a bit busy lately.

I checked our calendar and it looks like you are still listed as tentative. If your CA sent us an email back to confirm this date, we must have not received it. I will have them follow up on this for you today to get you confirmed for delivery on 7/19 and staying at the Greenville Marriott the day before.

The factory has to production halls (Hall 50 -X5 & X6 / Hall 52 - X3). Public tours normaly take place in Hall 50 which is adjacent to the Zentrum Museum. There are re-tooling that hall currentlly and they have closed off public tours at this time until further notice. The factory has made arrangments to tour our customers through Hall 52 during this time so there would not be as big of an interuption for our program.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day,
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-02-2012, 08:37 AM
BruinsBMW BruinsBMW is offline
Registered User
Location: Taylors, SC
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: 2012 335i E93
Many, many thanks, Jonathan! I was beginning to wonder, and now I'm glad I checked. CA has not been too responsive. :-/
__________________
Michael Moore


2012 335i E93 Le Mans Blue | Saddle Brown | M Sport | Convenience | Cold Weather | Premium | PCD 7/19/12
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:25 PM
JimD1 JimD1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Lexington, SC
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 922
Mein Auto: 128i convertible
If you are only 20 minutes away, I would go by the Zentrum Museum either before or after your PCD. We got a quick walk through it on the way to the tour but I could have used another hour. It's not huge but there are some interesting displays. I'm still working on making it back. When I am in the area, it is closed. One of these days....

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-02-2012, 08:14 PM
BruinsBMW BruinsBMW is offline
Registered User
Location: Taylors, SC
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 75
Mein Auto: 2012 335i E93
Guess what appeared in my email inbox this afternoon? A nice little note from the Performance Center, and I am indeed confirmed for 7/19. Can't thank you enough for checking into this for me, Jonathan. I hope I have the opportunity to thank you in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD1 View Post
If you are only 20 minutes away, I would go by the Zentrum Museum either before or after your PCD. We got a quick walk through it on the way to the tour but I could have used another hour. It's not huge but there are some interesting displays. I'm still working on making it back. When I am in the area, it is closed. One of these days....

Jim
Thanks for the tip, Jim. It's funny; I've been so busy I haven't had time to explore what's in my own backyard, so to speak.
__________________
Michael Moore


2012 335i E93 Le Mans Blue | Saddle Brown | M Sport | Convenience | Cold Weather | Premium | PCD 7/19/12
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBMW View Post
Guess what appeared in my email inbox this afternoon? A nice little note from the Performance Center, and I am indeed confirmed for 7/19. Can't thank you enough for checking into this for me, Jonathan. I hope I have the opportunity to thank you in person!
You're welcome Look forward to meeting you on the 19th!
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 PM
SD330i SD330i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, Ca.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 732
Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up 112 Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
You're welcome Look forward to meeting you on the 19th!
Jonathan, We just got our 112 status for a Fall Delivery at the PCD . We are so excited Now the wait begins. How is the Weather back in South Carolina in the Fall ? Cool, Mild , Leaves Changing ? We ordered through Pat Springer of BMW of San Diego, at what point will be kept in contact with the PCD as far as booking flights and Hotels. Since we are driving cross country, we will also need to coordinate Hotels on our trip back to San Diego. We are planning to take around 10 days. We are anticipating a Monday or Tuesday Delivery , and then be home 10-11 days from that time frame. Thank you for answering all the Members questions, you are so helpful, and are making the wait easier to take.
__________________
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-09-2012, 07:40 AM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD330i View Post
Jonathan, We just got our 112 status for a Fall Delivery at the PCD . We are so excited Now the wait begins. How is the Weather back in South Carolina in the Fall ? Cool, Mild , Leaves Changing ? We ordered through Pat Springer of BMW of San Diego, at what point will be kept in contact with the PCD as far as booking flights and Hotels. Since we are driving cross country, we will also need to coordinate Hotels on our trip back to San Diego. We are planning to take around 10 days. We are anticipating a Monday or Tuesday Delivery , and then be home 10-11 days from that time frame. Thank you for answering all the Members questions, you are so helpful, and are making the wait easier to take.
Congrats

Fall is probably the best time of year for the area. It gets cool at night, but the days are usually perfect. Temperatures are much more conducive to outside activities. Leaves start changing sometime in October depending on the weather.

Once your CA submits a reservation, it should get processed and scheduled within 5 business days. All correspondence will go through your CA until a date is confirmed. Once Confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with all the details about your experience.

Since occassionaly the ships can be delayed when transporting vehicles to the US, they ask you don't make travel plans until 3 weeks prior to your scheduled delivery date. This doesn't happen ofter, but if you make your travel plans earlier, it is at your own risk. If there are no delays, the confirmation email you receive will be the only communication you'll receive, except to confirm we received your travel information after it has been submitted.

Hope to meet you later this year!
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:33 AM
SD330i SD330i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, Ca.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 732
Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Smile Thank you !!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
Congrats

Fall is probably the best time of year for the area. It gets cool at night, but the days are usually perfect. Temperatures are much more conducive to outside activities. Leaves start changing sometime in October depending on the weather.

Once your CA submits a reservation, it should get processed and scheduled within 5 business days. All correspondence will go through your CA until a date is confirmed. Once Confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with all the details about your experience.

Since occassionaly the ships can be delayed when transporting vehicles to the US, they ask you don't make travel plans until 3 weeks prior to your scheduled delivery date. This doesn't happen ofter, but if you make your travel plans earlier, it is at your own risk. If there are no delays, the confirmation email you receive will be the only communication you'll receive, except to confirm we received your travel information after it has been submitted.

Hope to meet you later this year!
We were told we are part of the EPA/Carb delay on our 2013 335i Sport. We hope that won't delay a Fall Order. BTW, how far is Highpoit from Greeneville? We thought of coming a few days early and checking out all the great Furniture. My Wife's Boss did some major shopping there a few years ago. Also, can we request you to do the Car Delivery on our PCD Day ? Thanks again for all the time you spend answering all our questions. Sounds like Fall will be a great time back in South Carolina
__________________
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-10-2012, 07:01 AM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD330i View Post
We were told we are part of the EPA/Carb delay on our 2013 335i Sport. We hope that won't delay a Fall Order. BTW, how far is Highpoit from Greeneville? We thought of coming a few days early and checking out all the great Furniture. My Wife's Boss did some major shopping there a few years ago. Also, can we request you to do the Car Delivery on our PCD Day ? Thanks again for all the time you spend answering all our questions. Sounds like Fall will be a great time back in South Carolina
Hopefully the EPA/CARB holds won't delay you much. You may just not receive as much notice to plan a trip, since they won't be able to officially schedule a delivery date until BMWNA notifies us that the EPA/CARB approvals have been received and the vehicles will be allowed to ship. It's a bigger problem for us and the customer when it is a vehicle built in the US.

It will take you about 2.5 hours to get to Highpoint from Greenville. You can most definetely request me for your delivery. As long as I'm not pulled into another project for that day, they can try to schedule me accordingly.

Let me know if you need anything else
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:33 PM
SD330i SD330i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, Ca.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 732
Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
Hopefully the EPA/CARB holds won't delay you much. You may just not receive as much notice to plan a trip, since they won't be able to officially schedule a delivery date until BMWNA notifies us that the EPA/CARB approvals have been received and the vehicles will be allowed to ship. It's a bigger problem for us and the customer when it is a vehicle built in the US.

It will take you about 2.5 hours to get to Highpoint from Greenville. You can most definetely request me for your delivery. As long as I'm not pulled into another project for that day, they can try to schedule me accordingly.

Let me know if you need anything else
We were told of the EPA/CARB 4 weeks ago in mid June. Its now mid July. What is the normal time frame when something like this occurs ? We don't want it to drag into Late November/December and have potential weather problems. We will for Sure Request you for our Delivery Day ! Why doesn't this delay delivery to Dealers across the Country? Why does it put a strangle hold on your side of the Business. ? That is the part no has ever explained to us. Thank you for shedding any light on the situation.
__________________
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-11-2012, 07:29 AM
I-Won-Today I-Won-Today is offline
'Fest Sponsor
Location: BMW Performance Center
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,188
Mein Auto: Anything with wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD330i View Post
We were told of the EPA/CARB 4 weeks ago in mid June. Its now mid July. What is the normal time frame when something like this occurs ? We don't want it to drag into Late November/December and have potential weather problems. We will for Sure Request you for our Delivery Day ! Why doesn't this delay delivery to Dealers across the Country? Why does it put a strangle hold on your side of the Business. ? That is the part no has ever explained to us. Thank you for shedding any light on the situation.
You;re welcome

There is no normal time frame for it which is why we are unable to schedule those vehicles for delivery at this time. Their goal is to receive the approvals before the vehicles are ready to ship to a dealer, however in our past experience they are usually delayed some.

It does effect every dealer in the country. All vehicles on EPA/CARB hold will be held at the VDC and will not be allowed to ship to any dealer or us until BMWNA receives the approvals from the government. It is illegal to distribute and sell those vehicles until the approvals have been granted. The vehicles will continue to be built and shipped to their respective VDC in the US, but will not go any further until the hold has been lifted.

Most dealers don't even realize the vehicles are on hold since they are not tracking and scheduling a delivery date for a customer 2 months in advance. Most of their customers are also not making travel plans to to be at the dealer on "X" date, therefore the dealer is not commited to having the vehicle there and ready on that date at this time. They will realize it when they don't have the vehicle in the timeframe they promised it to the customer.

Hope this helps!
__________________
Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product Support Specialist
Click here to visit the BMW Performance Center website.



Thanks to everyone that donated to my fundraising effort supporting the American Cancer Society.
Donations can still be made by clicking the banner below.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:22 AM
SD330i SD330i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, Ca.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 732
Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Smile Thank you !!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
You;re welcome

There is no normal time frame for it which is why we are unable to schedule those vehicles for delivery at this time. Their goal is to receive the approvals before the vehicles are ready to ship to a dealer, however in our past experience they are usually delayed some.

It does effect every dealer in the country. All vehicles on EPA/CARB hold will be held at the VDC and will not be allowed to ship to any dealer or us until BMWNA receives the approvals from the government. It is illegal to distribute and sell those vehicles until the approvals have been granted. The vehicles will continue to be built and shipped to their respective VDC in the US, but will not go any further until the hold has been lifted.

Most dealers don't even realize the vehicles are on hold since they are not tracking and scheduling a delivery date for a customer 2 months in advance. Most of their customers are also not making travel plans to to be at the dealer on "X" date, therefore the dealer is not commited to having the vehicle there and ready on that date at this time. They will realize it when they don't have the vehicle in the timeframe they promised it to the customer.

Hope this helps!

Thanks You again for the explanation. It makes more sense now ! Hoping this gets resolved Sooner than Later
__________________
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:33 PM
SD330i SD330i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, Ca.
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 732
Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up In production !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
You;re welcome

There is no normal time frame for it which is why we are unable to schedule those vehicles for delivery at this time. Their goal is to receive the approvals before the vehicles are ready to ship to a dealer, however in our past experience they are usually delayed some.

It does effect every dealer in the country. All vehicles on EPA/CARB hold will be held at the VDC and will not be allowed to ship to any dealer or us until BMWNA receives the approvals from the government. It is illegal to distribute and sell those vehicles until the approvals have been granted. The vehicles will continue to be built and shipped to their respective VDC in the US, but will not go any further until the hold has been lifted.

Most dealers don't even realize the vehicles are on hold since they are not tracking and scheduling a delivery date for a customer 2 months in advance. Most of their customers are also not making travel plans to to be at the dealer on "X" date, therefore the dealer is not commited to having the vehicle there and ready on that date at this time. They will realize it when they don't have the vehicle in the timeframe they promised it to the customer.

Hope this helps!
Our Bimmer just went into production today !! Our estimated Build is July 19th Hopefully the EPA Items will be the next hurdle to overcome
__________________
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Performance Center Delivery
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms