Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 06-23-2012, 06:57 AM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Mein Auto: bmw
There is probably newer ones out there but it's like pulling teeth out to get it. The guy Nixtrade is more of an enthusiast and shares it. Just have to wait till he gets it in his hands. I would say about another couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-23-2012, 10:47 AM
nj323ci nj323ci is offline
Registered User
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: f10 535i
So my software and cable are fine. Tested it on 2 other F10's today. Build dates 6/10 and 3/11. Read and coded every module perfectly. Went back to my 5/12 build car and cannot read all the modules. Also noticed SBR settings are labled differently in my car.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-25-2012, 03:44 PM
wchjr56 wchjr56 is offline
Registered User
Location: Cleveland
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 535ix
5/2012 Build can't read FRM

I have a 5/2012 535ix and it is funny that I can read the HU_CIC and you can't. I can't read FRM but you can. CAS was not a problem. I only tried to code a few things last night like Blinkers in the HUD, DVD in motion and got stuck on the FRM code change for the windows because I can't read it. So far none of my changes have worked. I see the option in the HUD options for the blinkers but nothing in the HUD when I check it. I think I am going to stop and wait for some more people with newer F10's to test this out. 0 and 3 and I have struck out. I will wait my turn to bat again in a couple of weeks when I have some more time.

Great forum. I enjoy reading all the posts.

Bill

2012 535i (xdrive), Imperial Blue, M-pkg, HUD, Premium sound, Prem Pkg, Cold Pkg, Tech Pkg, BMW Apps
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
nj323ci nj323ci is offline
Registered User
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: f10 535i
I got my hands on 46.6 ISTA/P from a "source". But it's in an ISO and compressed in a very odd format. Need a few days to sort it out and will get back to everyone once I have it figured out.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 PM
mjgood mjgood is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 2011 550i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj323ci View Post
I got my hands on 46.6 ISTA/P from a "source". But it's in an ISO and compressed in a very odd format. Need a few days to sort it out and will get back to everyone once I have it figured out.
Are the file extensions .jetarch ?

That is the normal compression for the ISTA/P discs, It's a bit convoluted to get them extracted... and usually come in 3 discs, unless they're using Blu-ray now...
__________________

2011 550i M-Sport
2011 Countryman S
Bell 407
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-25-2012, 06:46 PM
nj323ci nj323ci is offline
Registered User
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: f10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgood View Post
Are the file extensions .jetarch ?

That is the normal compression for the ISTA/P discs, It's a bit convoluted to get them extracted... and usually come in 3 discs, unless they're using Blu-ray now...
Yes, there are 3 files in the ISO with .jetarch extensions. One is System, Client and Ispi. I extracted all 3 files with jet unpack and can't seem to find the data files I need. I'm still working on it, but if you have any tips please let me know. It would help alot! Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-25-2012, 07:19 PM
mjgood mjgood is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 2011 550i M-Sport
If you only have one file for 'system' it should be close to 20GB in size, if it's 8.49GB then you're missing the other discs... I won't be at my normal computer until tomorrow, It's been a while and my memory is fuzzy....

If you have it all extracted, then files are buried several directories down... memory fuzzy on that as well
__________________

2011 550i M-Sport
2011 Countryman S
Bell 407
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 PM
mjgood mjgood is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 2011 550i M-Sport
The system .jetarch file is what contains the PSDZDATA files, when it is extracted it should have created 5 directories (bin, ClientInstall, data, metadata,scripts)... the data directory is what we are interested in...

In that directory there will be files with an .7z extension, the PSDZDATA files are in the BMW-RR-UX.7z file (BMW.7z and Mini.7z are NCSExpert SP-daten files) I'm thinking the files names should be the same, WinZip can extract the files...

If you were to share/post the .7z file(s) that would probably be the simplest way to do so...since WinZip is free (Evaluation Version) it would be very easy for folks to extract the files themselves.
__________________

2011 550i M-Sport
2011 Countryman S
Bell 407
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-26-2012, 04:02 AM
nj323ci nj323ci is offline
Registered User
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: f10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgood View Post
The system .jetarch file is what contains the PSDZDATA files, when it is extracted it should have created 5 directories (bin, ClientInstall, data, metadata,scripts)... the data directory is what we are interested in...

In that directory there will be files with an .7z extension, the PSDZDATA files are in the BMW-RR-UX.7z file (BMW.7z and Mini.7z are NCSExpert SP-daten files) I'm thinking the files names should be the same, WinZip can extract the files...

If you were to share/post the .7z file(s) that would probably be the simplest way to do so...since WinZip is free (Evaluation Version) it would be very easy for folks to extract the files themselves.
ok, i unpack the System .jetarch and i have the data folder. I go in there and i have BMWServices.7z and IsomL.7z. I extract those 2 and if i go into the BMWServices extracted folder, i get just some dll's and templates. If i go into the ISOML extracted folder and go in about 6 directories deep, i get to a section that lists folders called F001, F010, F020, F025. If i go into those folders i see folders listed with every module in the car (CAS, HKFM, HKL, KOMBI, etc). Within those directories each one has it's own .ISB file. They are definitely not large like you said. They are small 7-8k files. Maybe i have only the 46.6 "update" files. The original file i downloaded was called "ISTA-P-46.6.00-Update"
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:22 AM
mjgood mjgood is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 2011 550i M-Sport
I have the ISTA-P discs for 46.0.
I'm looking at the same named files that you have, looking at the directory structure I think they might be some type of diagnostic files, not really sure what they are but not what we need for E-Sys.... The .7z file that has the PSDZDATA files in it will be close to 10GB.
__________________

2011 550i M-Sport
2011 Countryman S
Bell 407
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-26-2012, 06:58 AM
nj323ci nj323ci is offline
Registered User
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: f10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgood View Post
I have the ISTA-P discs for 46.0.
I'm looking at the same named files that you have, looking at the directory structure I think they might be some type of diagnostic files, not really sure what they are but not what we need for E-Sys.... The .7z file that has the PSDZDATA files in it will be close to 10GB.
Thanks for the info. That's not what i have unfortunately. I'll see if i can get my hands on the PSDZDATA files from the correct zip.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-28-2012, 05:31 PM
wchjr56 wchjr56 is offline
Registered User
Location: Cleveland
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 535ix
Update:

I realized I am using 43.1 as I got it from a torrent and not Rapid share. I am wondering if 46.3 will help with being able to access FRM. I have been able code almost everything except the Door lock/mirrors without it and lighting options. Including TPMS, HUD turn signals, truck close, etc. Also, Does anyone know is there is a way to use DVD in Motion with the USB cable and iphone without the cradle?

Bill
2012 535i 5/2012 build.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Losco Losco is offline
Registered User
Location: Japan
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mein Auto: 2010 528i M-Sport
To clarify some of the questions, each ECU module has its own "version", and when new ISTA-P comes out, some will stay at their version even though integration level goes up with new ISTA-P. therefore modules that did not get upgrade such as FRM, can be still coded with old psdz files we have currently.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Losco Losco is offline
Registered User
Location: Japan
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Mein Auto: 2010 528i M-Sport
Another one is you will get "Failed to sign FDL. [C158] unless you have your computer's region settings in english. ran into this trouble today.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-30-2012, 02:13 AM
wonfuk wonfuk is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: 2012 TiAg 535i M-Sport
Help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj323ci View Post
Oh. Lol. Ok. Thanks
Seems like there is a 46.5 and 46.6 version out there. That might be the solution to my problem. Anyone have access to the newer data files? I can test it ASAP!
Hi all,

I'm having the same problems/error msg as "nj323ci".

I've only tried the VIM coding, and get the "File Not Found!" error...

My car's build date is 3/12, so not as new as nj323ci's...
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-30-2012, 06:04 AM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Mein Auto: bmw
Wow it seems as though alot of people are experiencing this issue. Someone needs to help the community to get these new PSDZdata. I think we can start a pool every other month to chip in for these new updates. I mean if everyone chipped in 5 bucks in no time we will have alot of money to pay for these new files! Just a thought as Shawn or Dream car can be the account holder for the money. I mean at this point its been free for everyone but as updates come along it will be harder and the waiting time for these new PSDZdata will become increasingly longer.

Last edited by cn555ic; 06-30-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-30-2012, 09:09 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,338
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Wow it seems as though alot of people are experiencing this issue. Someone needs to help the community to get these new PSDZdata. I think we can start a pool every other month to chip in for these new updates. I mean if everyone chipped in 5 bucks in no time we will have alot of money to pay for these new files! Just a thought as Shawn or Dream car can be the account holder for the money. I mean at this point its been free for everyone but as updates come along it will be harder and the waiting time for these new PSDZdata will become increasingly longer.
Not a bad idea, and I don't mind paying 5 bucks at all, but buy it where is the question? I have not seen anyone selling the standalone PSDZdata files, let alone ISTA/P 46.6 to rip them from.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-30-2012, 10:27 AM
wonfuk wonfuk is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: 2012 TiAg 535i M-Sport
File structure...

Hmmm... Woke up this morning and triple checked my E-Sys install and data file structure. Just realized I only have 6 folders in C:\ESysData\psdzdata; have vers 46.1...

I'll DL ver 46.3 and try those data files...

Last edited by wonfuk; 06-30-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-30-2012, 10:29 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,338
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonfuk View Post
Hmmm... Woke up this morning and triple checked my E-Sys install and data file structure. Just realized I only have 6 folders in C:\ESysData\psdzdata; have vers 46.1...

I'll DL ver 46.3 and try those data files...
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=624780
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-30-2012, 11:32 AM
mjgood mjgood is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 2011 550i M-Sport
I just got my car back from dealer, I have some problems with BMW Assist...

They had it almost 2 weeks and have been working with BMW Engineers, and no fix yet..

Dealer was told to put latest update on to try and fix, but it will be a week or more before they get the update, so I have my car back until the updates come in.

What I'm reading from this is that 46.6 may not be at all the service departments yet, once it gets out there the PSDZDATA files will probably start showing up...

E-Sys is probably the program we should all pool together on....
__________________

2011 550i M-Sport
2011 Countryman S
Bell 407
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-30-2012, 11:44 AM
wonfuk wonfuk is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: 2012 TiAg 535i M-Sport
Talking

@shawnsheridan

yup, already dl'ing ver 46.3

thanks, hopefully this will do it for my car...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-30-2012, 11:56 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,338
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgood View Post
I just got my car back from dealer, I have some problems with BMW Assist...

They had it almost 2 weeks and have been working with BMW Engineers, and no fix yet..

Dealer was told to put latest update on to try and fix, but it will be a week or more before they get the update, so I have my car back until the updates come in.

What I'm reading from this is that 46.6 may not be at all the service departments yet, once it gets out there the PSDZDATA files will probably start showing up...

E-Sys is probably the program we should all pool together on....
I'm not disagreeing Malcolm, but since E-Sys 3.18.4 has yet to quit working with any PSDZdata release, nor prove to be limited in any way compared to newer E-Sys releases like 3.22, why the need to buy E-Sys?
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:17 PM
mjgood mjgood is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, Texas
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 2011 550i M-Sport
@shawnsheridan

I saw the thread at bmwcoding that said his was able to code with 3.20... but then I just went to it and saw the more recent posts, need to wait for f30fred to verify which data files he's actually using with 3.20.....
__________________

2011 550i M-Sport
2011 Countryman S
Bell 407
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-30-2012, 02:42 PM
cn555ic cn555ic is offline
The Coder guy in N.Y
Location: New York, Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 445
Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgood View Post
@shawnsheridan

I saw the thread at bmwcoding that said his was able to code with 3.20... but then I just went to it and saw the more recent posts, need to wait for f30fred to verify which data files he's actually using with 3.20.....
Asked him to check his CAFD files and he has yet to respond, so until he posts his findings, I will be quick to say BS
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-30-2012, 03:24 PM
nj323ci nj323ci is offline
Registered User
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: f10 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I'm not disagreeing Malcolm, but since E-Sys 3.18.4 has yet to quit working with any PSDZdata release, nor prove to be limited in any way compared to newer E-Sys releases like 3.22, why the need to buy E-Sys?
I agree. My late 5/12 build f10 I can code everything except cic with 3.18. I think updated psdzdata files are the answer, but I can't test until I get my hands on 46.6
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms