Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 Ralliart
Smile Potential buyer looking for some input

Hello everybody!
Me and the missus are looking at purchasing a X1 xdrive28i. We found a used 2012 here in Calgary for a pretty good price. We test drove it and we liked it. Now, we didn't spend much time looking at the options it has and now I'm a little confused. That car has HIDs, panoramic sunroof, aluminum roof rails, 17" wheels, electric seats and a keyless entry(not sure if it has a comfort access feature though). With all those features it doesn't look like an xLine or sporline. Can anybody tell me what kind of package is it? Does it have heated steering wheel, rear 12 volt input? What are the differences between 2012 and 2013 in terms of packages?
All the help is very much appreciated.
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13' X1 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrboy View Post
Hello everybody!
Me and the missus are looking at purchasing a X1 xdrive28i. We found a used 2012 here in Calgary for a pretty good price. We test drove it and we liked it. Now, we didn't spend much time looking at the options it has and now I'm a little confused. That car has HIDs, panoramic sunroof, aluminum roof rails, 17" wheels, electric seats and a keyless entry(not sure if it has a comfort access feature though). With all those features it doesn't look like an xLine or sporline. Can anybody tell me what kind of package is it? Does it have heated steering wheel, rear 12 volt input? What are the differences between 2012 and 2013 in terms of packages?
All the help is very much appreciated.
I would recommended to go back (even after hours if the car is outside) and copy down the VIN number. Go to the VIN decoder site and it will tell you everything you need to know about the car.

Sounds like the car has the X Line and Premium packages, power seats, xenon lights.
Seats and xenon lights are individual options, so its hard to tell you if them in packages, or they were separately added.

Not much difference in options between 2012 and 2013 except for the combo of options.
In 2013 they changed certain options that would only work with other options etc. etc.

What color?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonex1 View Post
I would recommended to go back (even after hours if the car is outside) and copy down the VIN number. Go to the VIN decoder site and it will tell you everything you need to know about the car.

Sounds like the car has the X Line and Premium packages, power seats, xenon lights.
Seats and xenon lights are individual options, so its hard to tell you if them in packages, or they were separately added.

Not much difference in options between 2012 and 2013 except for the combo of options.
In 2013 they changed certain options that would only work with other options etc. etc.

What color?
Thanks stonex1!

The car is parked in their compound, can't really get there. I don't think it has xline because I didn't see the xline door sills. And the wheels were 17's.
Not sure if it was a premium also because there were no park distance control.

The color is that Marrakesh Brown or Sparkling Bronze
Old 06-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13' X1 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrboy View Post
Thanks stonex1!

The car is parked in their compound, can't really get there. I don't think it has xline because I didn't see the xline door sills. And the wheels were 17's.
Not sure if it was a premium also because there were no park distance control.

The color is that Marrakesh Brown or Sparkling Bronze
Ah, you are probably right about the Xline. I thought the silver roof racks required XLine but maybe not.
I also thought the moonroof required premium package, but maybe it was a separate option.

Again, weird how they change things around year to year.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonex1 View Post
Ah, you are probably right about the Xline. I thought the silver roof racks required XLine but maybe not.
I also thought the moonroof required premium package, but maybe it was a separate option.

Again, weird how they change things around year to year.
Stonex1,

I actually found it's VIN and did what you suggested. Went on to a vin decoder site BMWVIN.com and found out that it has a weird package combo. It has an x-line but 17 inch rims, it's got black leather, not leatherette. It's got premium package but no park distance control.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 PM

Mein Auto: FX35
Canada has different packages than we do in the states.