Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)

F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)
F12 / F13 BMW M6 and F06 M6 Gran Coupe Forum.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Car and Driver Confirms 6 speed Manual for M6

BMW F12 F23 M6 6 speed for US market

As we previously reported while interviewing Thomas Schemera (VP of Sales and Marketing for the BMW M Brand at BMW AG) and Matt Russell (M Brand Manager for the BMW of North America) the BMW M6 was most likely to get a 6 speed manual transmission for those of us that like to row our cars around town or the track. Now Car and Driver is confirming that the F12/F13 2013 or 2014 BMW M6 will indeed get the 6 speed.

Quote:
According to Car and Driver, the new M6 will get a manual transmission in 2013 or 2014. Apparently, American customers are the ones who want a manual transmission, as the European buyers accepted the latest generation of automated transmissions
It is likely that the 6 speed will be the same as offered on the BMW M5. This is great news for enthusiasts and shows that BMW take the US enthusiasts very seriously.

Would you order your M6 with the superior performing Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) or do you prefer to manually shift your gears, even if it is slower?

Source Car and Driver via 4wheelsnews
Ads by Google
Old 06-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 m3 coupe SMG
I would have gone for the manual had I had the option!