Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-05-2012, 04:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 30i
Post 2013 X3 price negotiation tips

After driving an X3, it is hard to settle on any other luxury SUV. I was this close to buy an MDX, and happened to test drive the new 2013 X3 on a friend's recommendation. Its superior handling and precision instantly made it a must buy. Being a newbie in bimmer world, I am seeking suggestions on negotiating with the dealer. There are only 2 dealers in this area and both claim that this is a high-demand vehicle.

Here is my configuration:

Base MSRP: $38500
Cold Weather: $700
Cold Weather 2: $450
Premium Pkg: $3450
Tech Pkg: $3200
BMW Apps: $250
Destination: $895
Total: $47445

Dealer is already at $45000. I am not sure if I should feel lucky or should I make an offer close to $44K or lower? What is the lower limit here?

Would love to get some insights here. Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Go to bmwconfig.com and determine the invoice price. Deals can be had for 500-1500 over invoice. Your best bet is to use a board sponsor. You can buy from any dealer in the US and take delivery at the performance center in SC.
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 PM

Thanks for quick response and the useful link. It just seem like a lot of money for X3, when I can get a CPO X5 in same amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Tom View Post
Go to bmwconfig.com and determine the invoice price. Deals can be had for 500-1500 over invoice. Your best bet is to use a board sponsor. You can buy from any dealer in the US and take delivery at the performance center in SC.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:07 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 530I Silver Gray 6M
Offer them $44k and stand your ground. The worst that could happen is counter offer you! good luck
Old 09-05-2012, 06:10 PM

bmwconfig hows $43830 as the invoice price, so $44k would be a good option.

It just seem odd that seller has all the leverage in this negotiation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelhasna View Post
Offer them $44k and stand your ground. The worst that could happen is counter offer you! good luck
Old 09-05-2012, 06:22 PM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mein Auto: 335xi
Are you in Albany, NY? Shouldn't be too difficult to drive down to the NY metro area to find additional dealers. I'd also look into the Team USA test drive event to save an additional $1000.

FWIW - I just picked up my custom ordered 2013 28i for $250 over invoice, or $750 below once the Team USA test drive incentive was applied...

Thanks,
dr
Old 09-06-2012, 06:53 AM

Thanks for the suggestion here. I am looking in NY/NJ area too.
And I missed that Team USA event and the $1000 discount. Wish I had got that ....it was pretty good discount!
Congrats for your new ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrusso View Post
Are you in Albany, NY? Shouldn't be too difficult to drive down to the NY metro area to find additional dealers. I'd also look into the Team USA test drive event to save an additional $1000.

FWIW - I just picked up my custom ordered 2013 28i for $250 over invoice, or $750 below once the Team USA test drive incentive was applied...

Thanks,
dr
Old 09-06-2012, 03:33 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Nice combo op!

Best without rebates and 750 would be 500+invoice.

Just a headsup, if you are willing try some of the forum sponsors since they're usually the best try them and maybe do PCD. Another option is see if their any 2012s available with ur combo, still available in the east coast. You may be able to score some deals

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:39 AM

Thanks for the advice. There are no 2012 X3 available here. It seems like BMW has been aggressive in getting 2012s off their lots with the big Olympic event and rebates.
2013 X3 is completely redesigned and is selling well. I am considering a CPO X5 since $50K for new X3 sounds very high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
Nice combo op!

Best without rebates and 750 would be 500+invoice.

Just a headsup, if you are willing try some of the forum sponsors since they're usually the best try them and maybe do PCD. Another option is see if their any 2012s available with ur combo, still available in the east coast. You may be able to score some deals
Old 09-11-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishk View Post
Thanks for the advice. There are no 2012 X3 available here. It seems like BMW has been aggressive in getting 2012s off their lots with the big Olympic event and rebates.
2013 X3 is completely redesigned and is selling well. I am considering a CPO X5 since $50K for new X3 sounds very high.

Those incentives really move the bimmer. The x3 isn't redesigned for 2013, just got update powertrain.

In terms of the X5 if your willing to trade some tech, and updated BMW driving character (x5 is heavy but handles tighter and give you a more connected experience) for some space then yes by Alll means. Dont get me wrong, I absolutely adore the x3s tech (techie myself) however it feels like a corolla/matrix in the inside (only space wise). the x5 space is comparable to a Camry on the inside. Btw i don't what options you have on the x5 but if your willing to get into a brand new x5 3.5 basic with Conv, nav and spare tire, i received a quote for I believe 51k out the door with tax in ny, but PCD. Hope that helps

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Those incentives really move the bimmer. The x3 isn't redesigned for 2013, just got update powertrain.

In terms of the X5 if your willing to trade some tech, and updated BMW driving character (x5 is heavy but handles tighter and give you a more connected experience) for some space then yes by Alll means. Dont get me wrong, I absolutely adore the x3s tech (techie myself) however it feels like a corolla/matrix in the inside (only space wise). the x5 space is comparable to a Camry on the inside. Btw i don't what options you have on the x5 but if your willing to get into a brand new x5 3.5 basic with Conv, nav and spare tire, i received a quote for I believe 51k out the door with tax in ny, but PCD. Hope that helps
PCD shouldn't affect the price one way or the other...no extra cost (or discount) to the dealer.

Edit: OK, maybe some discount because the selling dealer doesn't have to wash it, etc when it's delivered.
1998 Z3 2.8L retired

Last edited by The Other Tom; 09-11-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Tom View Post
PCD shouldn't affect the price one way or the other...no extra cost (or discount) to the dealer.

Edit: OK, maybe some discount because the selling dealer doesn't have to wash it, etc when it's delivered.
Haha I got a laugh outta the edit.

PCD is free, however the price you negotiate on the purchase price for the vehicle you pick up at the PCD is subject to dealer discretion. So if one cannot seem to find a reasonable price from a local dealer, then try to find it elsewhere, hence out of state, which is the price I quoted since driving to the PCD would be shorter than to the dealer.

Why does this matter?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:02 AM

I understand your comment. Been test driving several of X3 and X5s and feel exactly the same. 2013 X3 is definitely a fun to drive vehicle while X5 feels tight and seem to provide more precision and better handling.
Space is our one important criteria and X5 is the way to go now.

Quote:

Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. Searched over in NY/NJ area and was amazed by the number of dealers and inventory there. For the new vehicle, 94% from MSRP seems to be the norm. That summer event discount, loyalty bonus etc seem to be the right way to go. Will not miss it for my next bimmer purchase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrusso View Post

Thanks,
dr
Old 09-29-2012, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Hi I'm new to this. I am also interested how to order and pick up from SC. Thinking about buying an X3.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX3forTrina View Post
Hi I'm new to this. I am also interested how to order and pick up from SC. Thinking about buying an X3.
Your dealer has to arrange it for you. Make sure you tell them you want performance center delivery.
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 PM

Mein Auto: '08 335xi & '08 X3si
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishk View Post
I understand your comment. Been test driving several of X3 and X5s and feel exactly the same. 2013 X3 is definitely a fun to drive vehicle while X5 feels tight and seem to provide more precision and better handling.
Space is our one important criteria and X5 is the way to go now.
Space? I don't see much of a difference. As far as legroom and hip room go, no difference. Shoulder room is 2" more and cargo is 63 cu.ft vs. 75 cu.ft

http://www.carsdirect.com/research/c...,USC30BMS191C0
Old 09-29-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkmec View Post
Space? I don't see much of a difference. As far as legroom and hip room go, no difference. Shoulder room is 2" more and cargo is 63 cu.ft vs. 75 cu.ft

http://www.carsdirect.com/research/c...,USC30BMS191C0
Specs are what I looked at when I compared, especially since I heard the f25 was almost as big as the e53. However I finally took a comparo a couple months back, and their is a difference.

1) when your 6'0, your driving seat position is going to be intrusive to the rear occupants comfort for the f25.

2) width wise, your gonna instantly feel cramped, ie, your legs are resting on the door. I felt out of my element in the e70, it wasnt a compromise in the front. I actually felt like it was painful, not having a place to let my legs rest on trips.

3) the rear in the f25 is best meant for 3 small children or 2 adults max. The middle seat is a joke, with the transmission tunnel.

All in all the x5 is based of the 5, while the x3 is based on the 3. Hence you would expect similarities in comfortable seating capacity (x5 5 adults & x3 4 adults).

Why does this matter?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
I got a huge discount.

I got a huge discount on 9/29. Originally I wanted to place a X3 order with 8% discount. I spent a week doing email communication, but most dealers rejected my offer. One dealer told me he would give me 8% off if I buy in stock. So I came in and the dealer showed me a X3 similar to my configuration, expect more options and more expensive. He ended up gave me 9% off plus college graduate discount. So totally I got more than 11% off MSRP.

I didn't think I could get 9%. I am very happy with the deal.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbiology View Post
I got a huge discount on 9/29. Originally I wanted to place a X3 order with 8% discount. I spent a week doing email communication, but most dealers rejected my offer. One dealer told me he would give me 8% off if I buy in stock. So I came in and the dealer showed me a X3 similar to my configuration, expect more options and more expensive. He ended up gave me 9% off plus college graduate discount. So totally I got more than 11% off MSRP.

I didn't think I could get 9%. I am very happy with the deal.
Congrats! End of month Deals are great!

What specs?

Why does this matter?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
Congrats! End of month Deals are great!

What specs?
Thanks!

Originally I wanted to custom order white exterior, beige leatherette, moonroof, backup camera, distance sensor, roof rack. MSRP 42145. The one I ended up buying in stock had everything, except roof rack, with navigation and heated seats, MSRP 44,545.

I have never thought to have navigation because I think $2000+ is overpriced for GPS. But now I enjoy it. My previous car was a 10 years old basic toyota corolla. You could image how dazzled I am now with all the gadgets.

I love my X3. Though my wife keeps saying it's "ours", it is MY PRECIOUS~~~