Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series

M Series
The ///M Series Forums. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 06-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 E46 328Ci Bright Red
1995 M3 on Tuner Transformation

Did anyone catch last week's Tuner Transformation? Bright Red E36 1995 M3 was the car being transformed. Interesting thing I didn't know: the car came with an auto transmission! I thought only the M3 sedans had that option. Also a goof when they said the car had a 2.5 L engine.

Turner Motorsports was very prominent, providing Bilstein front shocks (they kept saying coilovers, but they didn't specify the model), some kind of springs, and the car looked like it had Bilstein shocks in the back already, along with the ITG CAI kit and Remus exhaust with a chip (probably Conforti). KVR provided AP racing brakes (!!! Talk about overkill), and they put on Oz 18-inch wheels with Goodyear F1-DS tires (why not Michelin or Bridgestone?). They had some camber arms, as well as the X-brace, and a strut bar. Interestingly no sway bar. The goal was to make the car better for track work.

The cosmetic part was actually pretty cool, using the M colors in some stripes across the car, but otherwise just some detailing to revive the car's color.

The guys seemed to like the car quite a bit ("pound for pound, the best car you can get", or something like that).

--Andre
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW M3
Yeah, I did get to watch that and it was pretty cool that they actually used a BMW instead of their usual Japanese car. I did see another show where they worked on a Mini Cooper. The M3 on this show had seen better days and was in need of some TLC. I just hope that the owner will take some good care of the car from now on...
Old 06-08-2004, 05:17 PM

Mein Auto: A 333 Horse Chariot
The funniest part about this to me was when they said "Our budget for this project is $5,000" then proceeded to bolt on $10,000+ worth of upgrades. Heck, 18" wheels and high performance tires themselves would have eaten up a big chunk of their alleged budget, not to mention that big brake upgrade kit.

Not a bad episode overall, but the graphics they put on were pretty
Old 06-09-2004, 08:29 AM
The Anti-Rice

Send a message via AIM to Mpire Send a message via MSN to Mpire Send a message via Yahoo to Mpire
Mein Auto: S54 M Coupe x2, M52 Z3
Any links to this anywhere with pix?

Yeah, 95s came with a few autos...

Sad that they found the rarest and most lethargic E36 M3 on the planet to mod. HA!
1999 Estoril / Estoril Coupe

Sunroofs are for girls.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:30 AM
The Anti-Rice

Send a message via AIM to Mpire Send a message via MSN to Mpire Send a message via Yahoo to Mpire
Mein Auto: S54 M Coupe x2, M52 Z3
Wait, maybe it was a rebadged 325, you never know with people...
1999 Estoril / Estoril Coupe

Sunroofs are for girls.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:26 PM
MotorCityMadman

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E

Not a bad episode overall, but the graphics they put on were pretty
Hahaha!

I screamed when I saw those lightning bolts about to go on....what a travesty! Lucky for the owner they scraped it.....