Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:38 PM

Mein Auto: F11 525D 2011
RTTI working on 03/2011 F11

Hi

Just managed to get RTTI working in my 03/2011 F11 even though BMW says it can't be done.

I followed instructions from user Stealth98, which I have copied in here:

With an active ConnectedDrive subscription purchased in UK, Germany, France or Italy with a data subscription (not DAB) RTTI should work with the latest CIC firmware. RTTI was introduced in autumn of 2011, so any BMW with a CIC and combox delivered before september 2011 must update the CIC firmware.

If not Check if you can / have booked the RTTI connecteddrive service. (Available for only UK, D, F and I subscriptions with CIC!)
if RTTI service is not available in ConnectedDrive store, you need a donor VIN with 6AM option and the other ConnectedDrive options you have.

You need the latest CIC firmware (B1107-501-1123S Build 46 - Rev:76617 2012/04/05) anyway so it's a good start to check that first and update it or have it updated by the dealer. Earlier firmware versions might work but no information does exist to be sure.

Check the firmware level of your CIC by setting:
ENTWICKLER_MENUE: aktiv
The firmware level is shown under Menu-Settings-Options

In ConnectedDrive services Floating Car Data (FCD) must be (made) available
If not check if you have weather information over the combox (disable Bluetooth to be sure), this is evidence your ConnectedDrive subscription is working.

If not check first for these coding settings :
ASSIST_FCD: aktiv
TI_CA_TPEG: aktiv
TI_TPEG: aktiv
TPEG_TAP: aktiv

As soon as you have FCD as one of the ConnectedDrive Services check whether or not the system can do RTTI. You can check this by changing the location of the navigation system within the service menu in a stationary position. Choose a city in Germany or a city another supported country and see if the CIC does switch to RTTI.

In other EU-countries with a local ConnectedDrive subscription you'll need 2 additional steps to enable RTTI.
- Activate RTTI with a donor VIN with option 6AM (check if FCD is available and check RTTI by changing the location in the service menu)
- If RTTI is working but not in your country or in an unsupported EU-country you want to travel to disable the limitation for the 4 countries (send a PM).

I am in a unsupported country, so at first it only worked if I changed the position of the vehicle through the service menu to Germany. But Stealth98 provided me with a VIN specific patch, which I applied. After this, it works on Denmark (and presumably other countries as well).

Big thanks to Stealth98 for helping me out!!
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2016, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: F11 530xD
What do you mean with "activate RTTI with a donor VIN with option 6AM". How to do that?
Old 08-19-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Professor View Post
What do you mean with "activate RTTI with a donor VIN with option 6AM". How to do that?
In order to get the RTTI data flowing from the BMW servers to your car, you need to trick the server. When you register services (in the Connected Drive menu) its done based on your VIN. So you need to code a doner VIN into the combox before registering the services. After the doner VIN has been coded to the Combox, and you register services, the BMW servers will think your car is ready for RTTI, and commision the appropriate services (Floating Car Data) to you. After you have registred the services, you can code back your normal VIN, which brings back remote services like remote lock/unlocking
Old 08-19-2016, 10:44 PM

Mein Auto: F10
Is it working via bluetooth tethering too?
Old 08-19-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temper View Post
Is it working via bluetooth tethering too?
Not sure. You can try and report back.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:45 AM

Could you share the VIN that you used?
Old 08-21-2016, 09:20 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Could you share the VIN that you used?
It's probably not a good idea to share any VIN at a public place.
Anyway you need (to find) a donor VIN which has the 6AM option included.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:57 AM

Will it work via bluetooth tethering?
I have CIC navigation.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Will it work via bluetooth tethering?
I have CIC navigation.
It might be possible follow the steps and report your experience back here.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:18 PM

Mein Auto: F11 530xD
Awesome! It worked!!! My 07/2011 F11 now has (A)RTTI ... thanks so much for the instructions.

It's just important to code HU_CIC with the four listed entries and to have a donor VIN with SA 6AM.

BTW, the firmware of my F11 is a little bit older ... I-Level F010-13-03-503 ... 49.2
Old 02-19-2017, 07:10 AM

For any one interested in activation of RTTI has the following steps, follow them exactly from step 1 until 6:

1. You need a professional navigation system (option SA609), a factory installed combox Telelematics (option SA6VC + SA633 or SA6NL) and an active ConnectedDrive subscription (6AK). Check if you have any service like remote control or weather information over the combox telematics in the navigation maps, etc (disable Bluetooth to be sure), this is evidence your ConnectedDrive subscription is working. if you don't have an active ConnectedDrive subscription check: BMW connecteddrive portal

2. RTTI was introduced in autumn of 2011 in UK, D, F and I only, so any BMW with a CIC and combox telematics delivered before september 2011 must update the CIC firmware. Possibly your car was already updated in the past.
You need the following CIC firmware. Other firmware versions might work but no information does exist to be sure.
- B1107-501-1123L Build 43 - Rev:66473 2011/10/21
- B1107-501-1123S Build 46 - Rev:76617 2012/04/05

Check the firmware level of your CIC by setting:
ENTWICKLER_MENUE: aktiv
The firmware level is shown under Menu-Settings-> press Options button

3. if RTTI service is not available in ConnectedDrive store, you need a donor VIN with 6AM option and the other ConnectedDrive options you have. Code the combox telematics (only the combox!) with this donor VIN (not neccessary VO code). Make sure to code back the original VIN afterwards, otherwise 6AN and 6AP won't work.

4. In ConnectedDrive services Floating Car Data (FCD) must become available (with donor VIN)

If not check first for these coding settings :
ASSIST_FCD: aktiv
TI_CA_TPEG: aktiv
TI_TPEG: aktiv
TPEG_TAP: aktiv

5. As soon as you have FCD as one of the ConnectedDrive Services check whether or not the system can do RTTI. You can check this by changing the location of the navigation system within the service menu in a stationary position. Choose a city in Germany or a city another supported country and see if the CIC does switch to RTTI.

6. If you want to activate RTTI in an unsupported european country (other* than UK, D, F ,I) PM me including your VIN after you have successfully completed step 1 until 5

RTTI via tethering
I get often the question if RTTI can be activated with tethering. In theory this is possible if you have a donor VIN which has RTTI via tethering. In fact the donor VIN determines which data connection to use.

*Belgium, the Netherlands, Austria, Spain, Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:54 AM

And here is proof that it does indeed work on the CIC, in an unsupported country (Denmark) thanks to a patch from Stealth98
RTTI on CIC photo 2017-01-13 17.56.30_zpsu6pizm9v.jpg
Only annoyance is that it does not show the colours (green, yellow, orange, red) on the normal map, but only grey-map.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:43 PM

Send a message via MSN to BLooD
Mein Auto: BMW F21 118d Sport
Im in the uk, whos got a donar vin so i can try it via tethering?
Old 02-27-2017, 05:27 AM

Finding the doner vin can be a bit of a challenge. I was using one of the online vin lookup tools, to try with different vin numbers, until I found one with the correct options. But, it does not show if the current owner of the vin has an active connected drive subscription.
I ended up using the vin of my brothers car, which btw is a 3-series, but worked fine...
Old 02-27-2017, 07:18 AM

Hmmmm ok
Old 02-27-2017, 07:29 AM

Oooh silly me me donar nbt has a 6am vin, chanhe'd it due to using an apps vin. Let's see if I can get it working.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLooD View Post
Oooh silly me me donar nbt has a 6am vin, chanhe'd it due to using an apps vin. Let's see if I can get it working.
bimmer-tech has a solution for RTTI on NBT with tethering. The alternative for NBT is to install a TCB with an active ConnectedDrive subscription.

Last edited by stealth98; 04-11-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth98 View Post
bimmer-tech has a solution for RTTI on NBT with tethering. The alternative for NBT is to install a TCB with an active ConnectedDrive subscription.
They are also very expensive.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
cic, rtti

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search