Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Tmster Tmster is offline
Registered User
Location: Cheshire, England
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 320i ED F30 2013
Retrofit Internet - possible?

Hi all,

First post for a newbie here, and now driver of my second 3 series.

I have an F30 320i ED with the professional media package. This has the piano black display (the larger one), the apps interface, emergency call, navigation system - professional, remote services, information plus, real time traffic info, online services and teleservices). The one thing it doesn't have is the Internet. It's in the menu and when I go to it I ge an error which says 'Vehicle not enabled for Internet, check contract status'. Then bizarrely it goes to the browser, but will not connect.

Does anyone know if the Internet can just be coded in? It has a BT connection to my iPhone 5 as well as a cable to the centre console USB port.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Terry.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 04-06-2013, 11:39 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,146
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmster View Post
Hi all,

First post for a newbie here, and now driver of my second 3 series.

I have an F30 320i ED with the professional media package. This has the piano black display (the larger one), the apps interface, emergency call, navigation system - professional, remote services, information plus, real time traffic info, online services and teleservices). The one thing it doesn't have is the Internet. It's in the menu and when I go to it I ge an error which says 'Vehicle not enabled for Internet, check contract status'. Then bizarrely it goes to the browser, but will not connect.

Does anyone know if the Internet can just be coded in? It has a BT connection to my iPhone 5 as well as a cable to the centre console USB port.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Terry.
What BT Option do you have? 6NK?
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Tmster Tmster is offline
Registered User
Location: Cheshire, England
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 320i ED F30 2013
I have the 6NL enhanced BT along with the following...

609 Navigation System - BMW Professional.
612 BMW Assist
616 BMW Assist Online
6WA Full black panel display
688 Loudspeaker system - Harman/kardon

Off the media I have...

431 Rear-view mirror, auto dimming
502 Headlight wash
521 Rain sensor with auto headlights
522 Xenon headlights
524 Adaptive Headlights
5AC High-beam Assistant
563 Extended Lighting

I know some of these are irrelevant, but just for completeness.

Terry
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:32 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,146
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmster View Post
I have the 6NL enhanced BT along with the following...

609 Navigation System - BMW Professional.
612 BMW Assist
616 BMW Assist Online
6WA Full black panel display
688 Loudspeaker system - Harman/kardon

Off the media I have...

431 Rear-view mirror, auto dimming
502 Headlight wash
521 Rain sensor with auto headlights
522 Xenon headlights
524 Adaptive Headlights
5AC High-beam Assistant
563 Extended Lighting

I know some of these are irrelevant, but just for completeness.

Terry
See my Post here for an understanding of what is involved:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=70

In your case, you would have to change 6NL to 6NK to disable your BMW Assist.

Beyond that, I am not clear on if you have a standalone 6VC Combox, as you did not list it, or if you instead have the new NBT Head Unit with built-in Combox. If you have NBT, I do not think it is possible to write a VIN with factory 614 to its built-in Combox like you can on the standalone 6VC Combox, and without that, I do not think you can make it work.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Tmster Tmster is offline
Registered User
Location: Cheshire, England
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: 320i ED F30 2013
I haven't a clue what a combox is to be honest. The car is brand new, delivered last week. Perhaps I'll leave it as is.

Thanks for your help on this though, much appreciated

Terry
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:46 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,146
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmster View Post
I haven't a clue what a combox is to be honest. The car is brand new, delivered last week. Perhaps I'll leave it as is.

Thanks for your help on this though, much appreciated

Terry
Decode your VIN, and if you have Option Code 6VC you have a stand-alone Combox.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Today, 04:20 AM
gramoz gramoz is offline
Registered User
Location: london
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Send a message via ICQ to gramoz
Mein Auto: 316D Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmster View Post
Hi all,

First post for a newbie here, and now driver of my second 3 series.

I have an F30 320i ED with the professional media package. This has the piano black display (the larger one), the apps interface, emergency call, navigation system - professional, remote services, information plus, real time traffic info, online services and teleservices). The one thing it doesn't have is the Internet. It's in the menu and when I go to it I ge an error which says 'Vehicle not enabled for Internet, check contract status'. Then bizarrely it goes to the browser, but will not connect.

Does anyone know if the Internet can just be coded in? It has a BT connection to my iPhone 5 as well as a cable to the centre console USB port.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Terry.
Hello

Just wanted to ask if you have managed to retrofit the Internet Option?
Same HERE wondering!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms