Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 520dA F11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
@miotoo @akiss @dreamcar
Great suggestions guys, I'm out until Sunday. Will give these a go on Sun or Mon evening and report back.

Even if I get the warning to light up in dashboard, would be a good start; I can worry about the steering vibration later.

Side question: How would I enable this permanently as I do not have a switch on/off button for LDW?

@akiss: Since you have already achieved this...
1. do you happen to remember the exact settings changed/ documented anywhere? Saves me the hassle of going through the files line by line & comparing.
2. How did you manage without the physical switch?
Hi,

I didn't document all my coding for LDW but here's what I remember, I do have SLI from factory:

KAFAS:
3000, TLC_START_VERSION, default_on
3000, TLC_ON_OFF, aktiv
3000, SEND_MESSAGE_327, aktiv
3000, SEND_MESSAGE_345, aktiv
3006, ACTUATOR_ON_OFF, aktiv

KOMBI:
3003, TLC_VERBAUT, aktiv
3004, ST_TLC_TIMEOUT, aktiv
3004, ST_TLC_ALIVE, aktiv
3004, ST_TLC_APPL, aktiv

HU_CIC:
3001, LANE_DEPARTURE_WARNING, aktiv

SZL_LWS:
3000, Lenkrad_Vibration, aktiv

So, this seems to be all I changed for LDW. Hope this helps someone else here.

Andy
Old 06-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5 Series F10 2012 Model
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiss View Post
Hi,

I didn't document all my coding for LDW but here's what I remember, I do have SLI from factory:

KAFAS:
3000, TLC_ON_OFF, aktiv

KOMBI:
3003, TLC_VERBAUT, aktiv
3004, ST_TLC_APPL, aktiv

HU_CIC:

SZL_LWS:

So, this seems to be all I changed for LDW. Hope this helps someone else here.

Andy
@akiss: Awesome feedback. Thanks a ton.

Another query: I hope I will not need the physical switch and LDW is activated as default ON.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:31 PM

Mein Auto: MY2013 F25 X3 35d MSport
Quote:
Hi,

I didn't document all my coding for LDW but here's what I remember, I do have SLI from factory.
akiss, how on earth do you work out what was required ... I mean some of the things might leand one to the possibility ... but what inspired you to enable SEND_MESSAGE_327 and SEND_MESSAGE_345?

I have an F25 with factory SLI & HBA, and I would like to enable Forward Warning (which is probably more useful to me than LDW).

Any suggestions?
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc. http://x3orevoque.co.uk
Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
@miotoo @akiss @dreamcar
Great suggestions guys, I'm out until Sunday. Will give these a go on Sun or Mon evening and report back.

Even if I get the warning to light up in dashboard, would be a good start; I can worry about the steering vibration later.

Side question: How would I enable this permanently as I do not have a switch on/off button for LDW?

@akiss: Since you have already achieved this...
1. do you happen to remember the exact settings changed/ documented anywhere? Saves me the hassle of going through the files line by line & comparing.
2. How did you manage without the physical switch?
Quote:
@akiss: Awesome feedback. Thanks a ton.

Another query: I hope I will not need the physical switch and LDW is activated as default ON.
Yes, it's always ON if you set this, the default is to remember the last setting but without a switch...

KAFAS:

Andy
Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHorsey View Post
akiss, how on earth do you work out what was required ... I mean some of the things might leand one to the possibility ... but what inspired you to enable SEND_MESSAGE_327 and SEND_MESSAGE_345?
I just checked the whole section called 3000 TLC_CODING and read all the comments, try to understand what the want to tell me, the helping thing for me, my native tongue is German

Andy
Old 06-19-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's always ON if you set this, the default is to remember the last setting but without a switch...

KAFAS:

Andy
You are awesome, Andy.... Thanks a ton. I'll code this in the next couple of days and then confirm back.

Q: Do you get the steering vibration or just the Heads-up message?
Q: I believe coding the KOMBI generates an error code - any idea how to clear this?
Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHorsey View Post

I have an F25 with factory SLI & HBA, and I would like to enable Forward Warning (which is probably more useful to me than LDW).

Any suggestions?
Quote:
You are awesome, Andy.... Thanks a ton. I'll code this in the next couple of days and then confirm back.

Q: Do you get the steering vibration or just the Heads-up message?
Q: I believe coding the KOMBI generates an error code - any idea how to clear this?
No steering vibration as a do not have the right wheel

Coding the KAFAS module first and KOMBI afterwards could reduce the problem with an error on coding, I did get one as I coded KOMBI first and LDW was not active in KAFAS first.

Andy
Old 06-19-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
No steering vibration as a do not have the right wheel

Coding the KAFAS module first and KOMBI afterwards could reduce the problem with an error on coding, I did get one as I coded KOMBI first and LDW was not active in KAFAS first.

Andy
Hi Andy,

I have just coded as per your instructions, but I'm getting an error that says Lane Departure Warning Failed. After a restart, the message is displayed every time. Any idea as to what could be wrong?

I am attaching all my before/ after files for reference. (Zip files containing the CAFD files; renamed as pdf for posting here)

I have changed exactly what you mentioned (the only addition being HUD_BLINKER setting in CIC & KOMBI, this is working); but am still getting the error.

Could you please have a look and help? Your assistance would be much appreciated

I coded in the following order:

CIC
SZL_LWS
KAFAS
--- Recycle---- (Got the error on restart)
KOMBI
--- Recycle ---- (Still get the error on each restart; and in check control. Error Icon always present on dashboard)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAF_Before_LDW_HUD_BLINKER.pdf (3.8 KB, 194 views)
File Type: pdf CAF_After_LDW_HUD_BLINKER.pdf (3.8 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by gspannu; 06-19-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Hi Andy,

I have just coded as per your instructions, but I'm getting an error that says Lane Departure Warning Failed. After a restart, the message is displayed every time. Any idea as to what could be wrong?

I am attaching all my before/ after files for reference. (Zip files containing the CAFD files; renamed as pdf for posting here)

I have changed exactly what you mentioned (the only addition being HUD_BLINKER setting in CIC & KOMBI, this is working); but am still getting the error.

Could you please have a look and help? Your assistance would be much appreciated

I coded in the following order:

CIC
SZL_LWS
KAFAS
--- Recycle---- (Got the error on restart)
KOMBI
--- Recycle ---- (Still get the error on each restart; and in check control. Error Icon always present on dashboard)
Anyone help me with the files and advise where I have missed anything?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:31 AM

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Do you see the option to display lane departure warning on HUD.
Comparing the CAF is a tedious process just give some time for people to respond.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
Do you see the option to display lane departure warning on HUD.
Comparing the CAF is a tedious process just give some time for people to respond.
This is what I am getting at the moment. An error on every startup. And the heads-Up information options screen.

Hope this helps...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	330179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 002.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	330180  
Old 06-22-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
This is what I am getting at the moment. An error on every startup. And the heads-Up information options screen.

Hope this helps...
Interesting i got exact same error when i was playing with KAFAS2..

Damn i dont remeber any of the parameters... Give me couple of hours if i can find the parameters which caused this error for me i think i published them in SLI thread.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Interesting i got exact same error when i was playing with KAFAS2..

Damn i dont remeber any of the parameters... Give me couple of hours if i can find the parameters which caused this error for me i think i published them in SLI thread.
Thanks, much appreciated. I changed exactly what Andy (akiss) suggested [posts above] and the HUD Blinkers; and I started to get this error.

Look forward to your finding...
Old 06-27-2012, 04:28 AM

Having played around, setting some of the Andy settings to nicht_aktiv; I eventually got the LDW to work.

The system detects the lane markings (both left & right). The HUD and the dashboard icons all light up. The small triangles appear on the left/ right lane as and when the car detects the lane markings.

All this is great and proves that the system works. I still have the LDW error, but I'm ignoring this for now.

Since my steering wheel does not have a vibration motor, I get no feedback. I guess this is a hardware issue and will explore at retro-fit.

Q: What is the feedback mechanism when one drifts over a lane? Is it only a Steering Wheel vibration or does the HUD/ dashboard display also show something - flash or change colour or something?

Can someone who has LDW confirm as to how the system provides feedback (in addition to steering vibration)?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:02 AM

Gs,

Did you check if the stering wheel nubers differ? if so i think you would need to retrofit the steering wheel as vibration is the only alert you get from LDW
Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Gs,

Did you check if the stering wheel nubers differ? if so i think you would need to retrofit the steering wheel as vibration is the only alert you get from LDW
I haven't checked the steering part numbers.

Thank you for confirming that steering vibration is the only feedback mechanism for LDW.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:55 PM

Mein Auto: F10 535d
IT WORKS !!!!!

i have retrofit via coding the lane departure warning with these codes from akiss without an error...

i have already the lane change warning system with the vibration steering wheel and the SLI from factory... in additionel these codes the lane departure warning works perfectly. only the button to deactivate the system is not there...

Codes to change:

KOMBI:
3003, TLC_VERBAUT, aktiv
3004, ST_TLC_APPL, aktiv

KAFAS:
3000, TLC_ON_OFF, aktiv

HU_CIC:

Last edited by sibob; 08-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibob View Post
IT WORKS !!!!!

i have retrofit via coding the lane departure warning with these codes from akiss without an error...
Great that you were able to get this to work.

Can you confirm that you did not need to set this parameter?
SZL_LWS:

Is the above parameter already active in your car (since you have lance change warning).
Can you please read and confirm this parameter?

I think, I am getting an error (see previous posts) because I have enabled steering vibration while my car does not have the vibrating wheel.
I will try and not set this parameter & double-check and maybe my error goes away too. Then its a matter of getting the vibration motor retro-fitted...
Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:

Can you confirm that you did not need to set this parameter?
SZL_LWS:

Is the above parameter already active in your car (since you have lance change warning).
Can you please read and confirm this parameter?
yes this code is already activ because i have lane change warning from factory
Old 08-21-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibob View Post
yes this code is already activ because i have lane change warning from factory
Thanks for the super quick response. I will leave this parameter disabled and then check if I still get the error.

I will not get any feedback (in my car) as I do not have the vibration motor; but will at least prove the system works. I'll try this tomorrow and feedback.

Meanwhile, do you know if the vibration motor in steering wheel can be retrofitted or is it a brand new steering wheel itself. Any idea of the part numbers of the steering wheel motor.

Thank you.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:20 AM

Mein Auto: 528
Hi, I have retrofit via coding the lane departure warning, then I bought new buttons panel. All other functions work properly, but LDW is always ON, I can't turn it off. What is wrong?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Hi, I have retrofit via coding the lane departure warning, then I bought new buttons panel. All other functions work properly, but LDW is always ON, I can't turn it off. What is wrong?
Well done.

My guess is that you have set the KAFAS, 3000, TLC_START_VERSION to default_on and this may be causing the issue. You probably need to set this to the 3rd value (On, Off, Last setting)

Few more queries:
1. Where did you get the new button panel from? Do you have the part number?
2. Is the button panel just a clamp-on or did you have to wire up the buttons? Are the cables per connected?
3. Did you fit the button panel yourself or did you get this done by garage?
4. Did your car already have the steering wheel vibration motor or did you retrofit this?

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:51 AM

Exclamation

I found it!
New button has to be activated in:
FRM
LIN_PUBU_TLC, aktiv

1. I bought it at the dealer, part no. 61319220148. In this set you have all buttons and 5 blind plugs, so you can choose which you need. Cost: about 100$.
2. Just clamp on.
3. Instalation is very simple, you don't have screw anything, just remove wood panel (with headlights knob), then push the panel button from behind. It takes 2 minutes.
4. Yes, I have vibration in steering wheel.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post

In this set you have all buttons and 5 blind plugs, so you can choose which you need. Cost: about 100$.
and what about the sequence of the buttons? in my car i have the button for the lane change warning at the left first position an then the HUD Button, the rest is free.

can i order the same panel with your part number and retrofit the ldw button like you did ??

greetz
sibob
Old 09-02-2012, 12:22 PM

Yes, you can.
New panel has new sequence, everything works fine.
Before retrofit I had: LCW, Collision Warning, HUD, blind, blind. Now I have: LCW, Collision, LDW, blind, HUD.
You will have: LCW, blind, LDW, blind, HUD. This scheme is also in the manual attached to new panel.