Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 X5 35i Sport Activity
Improving EPS feel via coding

So here is a crazy thought. We know that for those who have the electronic damper setting, when selecting sport or sport +, you also get improved steering feel (heavier, more direct). So I was thinking that somehow when the user selects sport, there must be a setting in the EPS module that shifts the steering to another parameter. I do not have sport package or the damper control, so if there is any way you guys that do have it could try and find if there are different parameters so that the steering feel can change, maybe we could override the parameters to make sure we always have a setting that makes the steering heavier and more precise.

Thoughts? Anyone believe they can help identity where the sport parameters for steering might be?

Thanks!
Dan.

- 2013 X5 35i Sport Activity (Born 08/12) - Titanium Silver /Oyster Nevada /Dark Bamboo - ZCV /ZCW /ZPS /Sport Package /Adaptive Drive /Soft-Close Doors/Running Boards /HUD /Shift Paddles /Comfort Seats /6NR /6NF
- 2011 535i (Born 08/10) - Titanium Silver /Black Dakota /Anthracite - ZCV /ZCW /ZPP /ZP2 /6FL /6NF (Sold 08/12)
- 2010 335i (Born 02/10) - Titanium Silver /Black Dakota - ZCW /ZPP /6FL (Sold 09/10)
- 2007 328i (Born 07/07) - Jet Black /Black Dakota - ZSP /ZPP /6FL (Sold 04/10)
Ads by Google
Old 06-16-2012, 08:13 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Heavier steering and more steering feel are not the same thing.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 06-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 X5 35i Sport Activity
Fine. I think we all know what I mean though, right?

- 2013 X5 35i Sport Activity (Born 08/12) - Titanium Silver /Oyster Nevada /Dark Bamboo - ZCV /ZCW /ZPS /Sport Package /Adaptive Drive /Soft-Close Doors/Running Boards /HUD /Shift Paddles /Comfort Seats /6NR /6NF
- 2011 535i (Born 08/10) - Titanium Silver /Black Dakota /Anthracite - ZCV /ZCW /ZPP /ZP2 /6FL /6NF (Sold 08/12)
- 2010 335i (Born 02/10) - Titanium Silver /Black Dakota - ZCW /ZPP /6FL (Sold 09/10)
- 2007 328i (Born 07/07) - Jet Black /Black Dakota - ZSP /ZPP /6FL (Sold 04/10)