Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:39 AM

Mein Auto: 535d GT
New 535d GT owner

I'll be borrowing this for the next 3 years, collected 10 days ago, 15 plate with 9000 miles.

Really impressed so far. Ex BMW car that like most cars in the UK makes a mockery of a good spec, 20" wheels & HUD but no Nappa or VDC.

List price of 58 000 (OK, no one pays that, realistically closer to 47 000 new) and a 'purchase' price at 11 months old of 33 000.

Last edited by Del Lardo; 02-27-2016 at 04:42 AM.
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2016, 05:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535i GT xDrive
Welcome to the clan.
Very nice car, you'll love it. The pics are nicely done too.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:07 AM

Mein Auto: 535D GT M Sport
Very similar to mine and similar price too. Enjoy
Old 02-27-2016, 07:02 AM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
Very sharp. Happy motoring and welcome to the forum! By the way, I like the stitching accents.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 535xi GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Shadow View Post
Welcome to the clan.

Very nice car, you'll love it. The pics are nicely done too.

A hearty welcome from me as well, great looking GT and may I second Shadow's comment about your pictures. Well done!
Old 02-28-2016, 04:04 AM

Mein Auto: 5 Gt
Very nice
Did you get a good deal on the borrow ?
I'm looking at replacement trading in for newer model, having searched nothing quite fits the bil like A N Other, so I'm thinking it shall be AN other
Beware they are addictive
Old 02-29-2016, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: e39 525D & e60 530D
Very Nice, enjoy it, very addictive and you wont want to get out of the driver seat.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:19 PM

Mein Auto: 535 GT
Welcome buddy. I just did the conversion and it would've been ~$63k here in the U.S. Not bad for a M-sport w/HUD.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:29 AM

Mein Auto: 535d GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinquack View Post
Very similar to mine and similar price too. Enjoy
Thanks, I'd seen your earlier posts, I may have a few questions on coding in the not too distant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish23 View Post
A hearty welcome from me as well, great looking GT and may I second Shadow's comment about your pictures. Well done!
Thanks to those who like the photos, just drove it home from the dealer and pointed my iPhone at it, clearly I have more ability than I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock gt View Post
Very nice
Did you get a good deal on the borrow ?
My bank offered me 2.9% APR on PCP (BMW wanted 10.9%) so I bit their hand off, frankly I wouldn't have bought the car if I'd not had the bank option as it would have increased my monthly payments by 34%

I've never owned a car for more than 3 years and doing it via PCP really focusses the mind on depreciation costs over that 3 year period. I was also looking a 2012/13 Jaguar XJ and BMW M5 for similar money but guaranteed future values were closer to 11 000 compared to nearly 20 000 for this 5GT (I looked at one a few months older on a 64 plate and GFV was 2500 less despite only costing 1000 less so potentially over 3 years of ownership would cost 2000 more). I'm fairly sure that neither the XJ or the M5 would be worth so little but it does focus the mind and have a huge affect on monthly payments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtop steve View Post
Very Nice, enjoy it, very addictive and you wont want to get out of the driver seat.
I'm still struggling to find the perfect driving position, on the drive home from the dealer I ended up with bad lower back pain which I've now fixed in exchange for a dull ache in my shoulder blades after 2 hours driving. I'll get there but for my height I am in longest 20% for legs and shortest 20% of arms so I always struggle with getting close enough to the wheel without losing too much leg room something that this car exacerbates with the side bolsters that are great for my bum but not for my legs as they stop my legs going right to the side of the seat.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Once you find a seat position that works , save it using the buttons on the door, assuming you have that option. I have one position for around town and another for cruising the highway. Changes side view mirrors and steering wheel too. What I like is that each fob gets its own two positions stored so each driver can have their own "stored" positions. If you turn on "store last seat position", a third position is associated with the fob.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
Today's Posts Search