Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to guyt
Mein Auto: x5 4.0d DMS
Switched power supply from front fuse box

Hi all

I have been searching the web to get an answer to this question with no results so far. I need a switched power supply at the front of my X5 for my Roadhawk camera. A few posts suggest tapping into the sunroof motor circuit behind the rearview mirror, however my X5 doesn't have a sunroof.

I am happy to attempt an "Add a circuit" fuse tap in the front fuse box , however I cant for the life of me find anyone who knows which fuse will be switched.

Anyone on here know, it would be most helpful.

X5 is 4.0d 2013 with DMS remap.

cheers
Guy
Ads by Google
Old 01-31-2014, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 xdrive 35d
I would like to know too. Is there a switched power supply in the front passenger side fuse box? If so which one? No reply? Where are all the BMW electrical tech's?
Old 01-31-2014, 01:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to lpcapital Send a message via MSN to lpcapital Send a message via Yahoo to lpcapital Send a message via Skype™ to lpcapital
Mein Auto: Wasp & Duc
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmermigas View Post
I would like to know too. Is there a switched power supply in the front passenger side fuse box? If so which one? No reply? Where are all the BMW electrical tech's?
The cigarette lighter is switched and it's a very innocuous circuit. It has a 20Amps fuse and is switched by Terminal 15 (which in old lingo was "Ignition On" and now with the digital controls is the power on switch control by the Car Access System).

The fuses for the different sockets: front, rear and trunk and are 111, 115 and 113 respectively. All of them are in the trunk where I believe all the fuses are...

If it was me I'd tap into the front cigarette lighter. There should be 3 wires: ground, power and light. I'm attaching the wiring diagram.

I wouldn't use power from other circuitry as it may be a monitored supply and may trigger diagnostic codes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WDS BMW Wiring Diagram System - X5 E70.pdf (67.9 KB, 34 views)

ZetaTre
2003 BMW Z4 2.5i
2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d
2006 Ducati 999S
1999 Ducati Monster 750

Last edited by lpcapital; 01-31-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 xdrive 35d
Found the wiring to the front cigarette lighter under the side panel of the console, passenger side. green/red is power, brown is ground. Thanks
Old 01-31-2014, 03:37 PM

Mein Auto: x5
i wired my dash cam from wires that go to light/rain sensor under the plastic cover behind the mirror. camera cable is very short and practically invisible.