Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Matchless Matchless is offline
Registered User
Location: Calgary
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2012 550 xi
Cool 2012 550xi initial impressions and Dinan stg 2

Now having 3600 km on this car, these are my thoughts.

~Bit thick and heavy into the corners. I tend to feel nervous going into a tight corner, taking an extra lil breath feeling less than confident that the car is coming with me. I do not remember feeling this way with any other BMW I've driven to date.

~ She's quiet alright. Fast yes, but I'm not yet getting the visceral exhilaration I hoped for.

~Luxury is, by far, the best yet. I've had 7 series, 5, 3, x5, m5, thus far (2001 and up).

~A little too quiet for my tastes. I did enjoy the sound of the 2012 650i I tested, but this concept of sound is perhaps not appropriate for the 550i ?! Very appropriate for the 650 however.

I expect I will turn to Dinan stage 2 with added Dinan suspension. I will opt out of the exhaust for now. I don't want a luxury cruiser-ish sounding cheese-ball, if that should be how the exhaust might sound. There is a fine line between sport sound vs gone too far, for the nature of this car which for me sets itself closer to a 7 series than previous 5 series. Adding the exhaust might seem somehow inappropriate, given the less muscular look now.

I'm hopeful Dinan 2 will give me the thrill factor I seem to miss. I am however considering moving quickly out of this to an m5 or m6, as I can't see myself floating around in this hoping for the rush I may never find. My considerations when I was looking were also a 2012 m3, 2012 m5, but I opted for the 550xi because I prefer the all wheel drive features facing winter weather conditions.

Will the Dinan stage 2 and suspension help a brother out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1054.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	329742  
__________________
2012 550xi Carbon Black, Oyster Leather Nappa, Tech Package, Executive Package, M Sport Package, BMW Apps,

Last edited by Matchless; 06-18-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 06-18-2012, 09:48 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is offline
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,998
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
It's a quiet car no doubt about it, but add Dinan Stage 3, springs, exhaust, forged wheels, and Michelin Pilot Super Sports and it's feels like a different car. There are many posts from owners here at the Fest who have gone the Dinan route to different extents.

BTW, if BMW made an AWD I would have held out for one, but my car is the closest I can get to an AWD M5. BMW are you listening?
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 PM
kc1953 kc1953 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: California
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 481
Mein Auto: 2012 535i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchless View Post
Now having 3600 km on this car, these are my thoughts.

~Bit thick and heavy into the corners. I tend to feel nervous going into a tight corner, taking an extra lil breath feeling less than confident that the car is coming with me. I do not remember feeling this way with any other BMW I've driven to date.

~ She's quiet alright. Fast yes, but I'm not yet getting the visceral exhilaration I hoped for.

~Luxury is, by far, the best yet. I've had 7 series, 5, 3, x5, m5, thus far (2001 and up).

~A little too quiet for my tastes. I did enjoy the sound of the 2012 650i I tested, but this concept of sound is perhaps not appropriate for the 550i ?! Very appropriate for the 650 however.

I expect I will turn to Dinan stage 2 with added Dinan suspension. I will opt out of the exhaust for now. I don't want a luxury cruiser-ish sounding cheese-ball, if that should be how the exhaust might sound. There is a fine line between sport sound vs gone too far, for the nature of this car which for me sets itself closer to a 7 series than previous 5 series. Adding the exhaust might seem somehow inappropriate, given the less muscular look now.

I'm hopeful Dinan 2 will give me the thrill factor I seem to miss. I am however considering moving quickly out of this to an m5 or m6, as I can't see myself floating around in this hoping for the rush I may never find. My considerations when I was looking were also a 2012 m3, 2012 m5, but I opted for the 550xi because I prefer the all wheel drive features facing winter weather conditions.

Will the Dinan stage 2 and suspension help a brother out?
Did you test drive the car before you bought? Did you read any reviews? Did you go onto any forums to read what other 550i owners experiences were?

What you describe is exactly what the f10 is supposed to be. I can't imagine how you could not have known this before you bought the car.

If you take a bath when you trade it in, I have absolutely no sympathy for you.
__________________
2012 535i, black sapphire metallic, oyster/black dakota, premium, premium sound, technology, sport, sport auto, heated front seats.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Matchless Matchless is offline
Registered User
Location: Calgary
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2012 550 xi
Thumbs up

Oh, I expected that nature of response actually


Yes, to a point, but I couldn't get the extent of the experience on a ride around the preverbal block in a demo car. I had a sense of what I was getting into.

The real test was going into the mountains, tight corners, 'after' it was broken in, and push it.

I was interested in the awd feature, and this was where I weighed my concerns against this car, vs the M5, etc.

Dinan was already in mind before I left the parking lot.

If the dinan won't bring me where I hoped, now having the bigger picture snapshot of the experience I could never get on a Demo Test drive, then I'll consider my other options.

So now you can possibly 'imagine' how I could not have known, before I bought the car.

And I like moving through my BMW's quickly anyway, so taking a 'bath' is nothing you or I would need to sympathize over anyway.




.
__________________
2012 550xi Carbon Black, Oyster Leather Nappa, Tech Package, Executive Package, M Sport Package, BMW Apps,

Last edited by Matchless; 06-18-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:19 AM
jygesq jygesq is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bloomfield, CT
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,264
Mein Auto: 2000 528 MT
sometimes you act like an A**

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1953 View Post
Did you test drive the car before you bought? Did you read any reviews? Did you go onto any forums to read what other 550i owners experiences were?

What you describe is exactly what the f10 is supposed to be. I can't imagine how you could not have known this before you bought the car.

If you take a bath when you trade it in, I have absolutely no sympathy for you.
You expect everyone to be an expert on what they buy. Some do not have the skills to do this. You don't have to add your insults to their own possibly self inflicted injury. You can feel that way, but do not have to comment as you do. Get a life!

Last edited by jygesq; 06-19-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:42 AM
jjsC6 jjsC6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,533
Mein Auto: See Sig
I have not driven a Dinan equiped car (would love to), but here are my thoughts anyway. Dinan suspension and better tires will make the car more capable, but I somehow don't think it will give you that feeling of "nimbleness" that I think you are looking for. As most on the forum know, there can be a difference between how capable a car is and how nimble and responsive it is. Sometimes they go hand and hand, but sometimes not.

Even reading the M5 reviews that would be a concern. For me, the trade off is perfect because I simply don't have the roads near me to warrant needing a more nimble car.
__________________
2012 BMW 550 M-Sport
2015 Audi A7 Prestige
2014 Lexus GS350---Wife's car
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:56 AM
kc1953 kc1953 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: California
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 481
Mein Auto: 2012 535i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYG Y2k5285spCT View Post
You expect everyone to be an expert on what they buy. Some do not have the skills to do this. You don't have to add your insults to their own possibly self inflicted injury. You can feel that way, but do not have to comment as you do. Get a life!
I was just expressing amazement at the lack of due diligence. And to the extent you chose to respond, you should take your own advice. And when one is making a $75-80k purchase, one would expect a few skills should come with the financial means to make such a purchase.
__________________
2012 535i, black sapphire metallic, oyster/black dakota, premium, premium sound, technology, sport, sport auto, heated front seats.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Matchless Matchless is offline
Registered User
Location: Calgary
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2012 550 xi
Oh...I should probably leave this alone, but....


KC...C'mon now. Are we not here to discuss BMW's instead of making comments on my questionable purchasing behaviour you expect I should have driven on city streets in a car I don't even own, in an unsafe quasi illegal manner. Is that your idea of due diligence you expect me to have?

I could not derive the nuances of this car under those circumstances. Don't get me wrong, the car is fantastic, and it gets kudos for being a magnificent piece of german engineering. As noted, I particularly like the awd, and that was a huge factor as to why I bought this car over the others.

But having experienced her over 3600 km now, vs 25 km demo, I can more aptly apply my experience in a way I could not otherwise. Reading about this car won't give one that subjective experience, and the advice I did get btw, wasn't spot on to the reality I experienced with the car.

I was diligent, but just not to your standard obviously. You're amazed?? I too am amazed my posting an honest impression leaves you to do nothing more than point out I disappoint you so. I posted to share my experience (and therefore, perhaps, another might have some more information to be more diligent than I was according to you), and to get some feedback on how the Dinan Stage 2 and suspension might apply to this car. Look at me go...trying to be diligent right here and now.

What does having financial means and car purchasing due diligence have to do with one another anyway??? Maybe I happen to have so much financial means that my lack of your level of diligence is not nearly as disappointing for me as it seems to be for you.


Sorry KC, but I think your post was a little heavy handed. What do you gain by character assassination? I could very well keep this car, and purchase the M5 or M3 for winter/summer fun. No bath required.

So KC, what do you think about the Stage 2 Dinan and suspension for the 550xi, anyway?
__________________
2012 550xi Carbon Black, Oyster Leather Nappa, Tech Package, Executive Package, M Sport Package, BMW Apps,
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-19-2012, 10:50 AM
sdg1871 sdg1871 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 939
Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan Stage 2 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I have not driven a Dinan equiped car (would love to), but here are my thoughts anyway. Dinan suspension and better tires will make the car more capable, but I somehow don't think it will give you that feeling of "nimbleness" that I think you are looking for. As most on the forum know, there can be a difference between how capable a car is and how nimble and responsive it is. Sometimes they go hand and hand, but sometimes not.

Even reading the M5 reviews that would be a concern. For me, the trade off is perfect because I simply don't have the roads near me to warrant needing a more nimble car.
Where are you located? If you're in the New York metropolitan area you can drive mine. I have the stage 2 but not the springs
__________________
2012 Dinan Stage 2 550i xDrive M Sport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Cinnamon Brown Leather and Light Wood Trim. Major options are M Sport package, cold weather package, sport automatic transmission, active roll stabilization, premium sound, and side and top view cameras.

Dearly departed BMWs: 2009 550i M Sport in Carbon Black Metallic and 2003 540i M Sport in Titanium Silver
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-19-2012, 10:55 AM
jjsC6 jjsC6 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,533
Mein Auto: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg1871 View Post
Where are you located? If you're in the New York metropolitan area you can drive mine. I have the stage 2 but not the springs
Houston, we have a problem....I live in the Houston area and I virtually never get to the New York area. I truly appreciate the offer. If I ever do get that way I will let you know
__________________
2012 BMW 550 M-Sport
2015 Audi A7 Prestige
2014 Lexus GS350---Wife's car
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-19-2012, 11:20 AM
sdg1871 sdg1871 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 939
Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan Stage 2 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
Houston, we have a problem....I live in the Houston area and I virtually never get to the New York area. I truly appreciate the offer. If I ever do get that way I will let you know
Offer stands if you come to the Big Apple. The Dinan Stage 2 makes the car brutally fast. But alas the power is much better than the too soft suspension (even on Sport +). Car does not handle remotely as precisely or corner nearly as tenaciously as my 2009 550i M Sport did. That car was a twisties champ. This car is a stoplight and highway dominator.
__________________
2012 Dinan Stage 2 550i xDrive M Sport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Cinnamon Brown Leather and Light Wood Trim. Major options are M Sport package, cold weather package, sport automatic transmission, active roll stabilization, premium sound, and side and top view cameras.

Dearly departed BMWs: 2009 550i M Sport in Carbon Black Metallic and 2003 540i M Sport in Titanium Silver
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Blkthght Blkthght is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: 2012 550i Msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchless View Post

What does having financial means and car purchasing due diligence have to do with one another anyway??? Maybe I happen to have so much financial means that my lack of your level of diligence is not nearly as disappointing for me as it seems to be for you.

As someone who has to regularly deal with presumptuous and arrogant opposing counsel, this reply made my day. Kudos sir.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-19-2012, 11:42 AM
sdg1871 sdg1871 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 939
Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan Stage 2 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkthght View Post
As someone who has to regularly deal with presumptuous and arrogant opposing counsel, this reply made my day. Kudos sir.
Welcome to my world. LOL
__________________
2012 Dinan Stage 2 550i xDrive M Sport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Cinnamon Brown Leather and Light Wood Trim. Major options are M Sport package, cold weather package, sport automatic transmission, active roll stabilization, premium sound, and side and top view cameras.

Dearly departed BMWs: 2009 550i M Sport in Carbon Black Metallic and 2003 540i M Sport in Titanium Silver
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 PM
djsilo djsilo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bronx, NY
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 274
Mein Auto: 2012 550i xdrive
Matchless, I think you'd really enjoy the car with some mods (based off of what I read). Maybe a Dinan installer will be able to help arrange a ride in a colleagues car. Just a thought.

@ sdg I'm on the edge about the Dinan stage 2. I'm not sure if it's worth 3500+160 in labor. Maybe I can go for a spin with you one day; also I'm enjoying the +1 sized tires!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-19-2012, 08:54 PM
kc1953 kc1953 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: California
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 481
Mein Auto: 2012 535i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchless View Post
Oh...I should probably leave this alone, but....


KC...C'mon now. Are we not here to discuss BMW's instead of making comments on my questionable purchasing behaviour you expect I should have driven on city streets in a car I don't even own, in an unsafe quasi illegal manner. Is that your idea of due diligence you expect me to have?

I could not derive the nuances of this car under those circumstances. Don't get me wrong, the car is fantastic, and it gets kudos for being a magnificent piece of german engineering. As noted, I particularly like the awd, and that was a huge factor as to why I bought this car over the others.

But having experienced her over 3600 km now, vs 25 km demo, I can more aptly apply my experience in a way I could not otherwise. Reading about this car won't give one that subjective experience, and the advice I did get btw, wasn't spot on to the reality I experienced with the car.

I was diligent, but just not to your standard obviously. You're amazed?? I too am amazed my posting an honest impression leaves you to do nothing more than point out I disappoint you so. I posted to share my experience (and therefore, perhaps, another might have some more information to be more diligent than I was according to you), and to get some feedback on how the Dinan Stage 2 and suspension might apply to this car. Look at me go...trying to be diligent right here and now.

What does having financial means and car purchasing due diligence have to do with one another anyway??? Maybe I happen to have so much financial means that my lack of your level of diligence is not nearly as disappointing for me as it seems to be for you.


Sorry KC, but I think your post was a little heavy handed. What do you gain by character assassination? I could very well keep this car, and purchase the M5 or M3 for winter/summer fun. No bath required.

So KC, what do you think about the Stage 2 Dinan and suspension for the 550xi, anyway?
No opinion on Dinan. No products for 535i. And sorry if I came across too heavy handed. My point was that the information about the f10s characteristics was out there. I hope you can garner some enjoyment out of your f10 because it is a very fine car.
__________________
2012 535i, black sapphire metallic, oyster/black dakota, premium, premium sound, technology, sport, sport auto, heated front seats.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-19-2012, 10:26 PM
christianfahey's Avatar
christianfahey christianfahey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Memphis, TN
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 116
Mein Auto: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg1871 View Post
Offer stands if you come to the Big Apple. The Dinan Stage 2 makes the car brutally fast. But alas the power is much better than the too soft suspension (even on Sport +). Car does not handle remotely as precisely or corner nearly as tenaciously as my 2009 550i M Sport did. That car was a twisties champ. This car is a stoplight and highway dominator.
Do you have ARS (or DHP)?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:35 AM
sdg1871 sdg1871 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 939
Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan Stage 2 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianfahey View Post
Do you have ARS (or DHP)?
I have both.
__________________
2012 Dinan Stage 2 550i xDrive M Sport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Cinnamon Brown Leather and Light Wood Trim. Major options are M Sport package, cold weather package, sport automatic transmission, active roll stabilization, premium sound, and side and top view cameras.

Dearly departed BMWs: 2009 550i M Sport in Carbon Black Metallic and 2003 540i M Sport in Titanium Silver
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:38 AM
sdg1871 sdg1871 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 939
Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan Stage 2 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsilo View Post
Matchless, I think you'd really enjoy the car with some mods (based off of what I read). Maybe a Dinan installer will be able to help arrange a ride in a colleagues car. Just a thought.

@ sdg I'm on the edge about the Dinan stage 2. I'm not sure if it's worth 3500+160 in labor. Maybe I can go for a spin with you one day; also I'm enjoying the +1 sized tires!
Any time. The huge power boost from the Dinan Stage 2 is well worth the money.

And those plus sized tires survived a massive pothole impact on the FDR last weekend with no bubbling or blowout.
__________________
2012 Dinan Stage 2 550i xDrive M Sport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Cinnamon Brown Leather and Light Wood Trim. Major options are M Sport package, cold weather package, sport automatic transmission, active roll stabilization, premium sound, and side and top view cameras.

Dearly departed BMWs: 2009 550i M Sport in Carbon Black Metallic and 2003 540i M Sport in Titanium Silver
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-20-2012, 02:10 AM
dontay dontay is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
Mein Auto: 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchless View Post
Now having 3600 km on this car, these are my thoughts.

~Bit thick and heavy into the corners. I tend to feel nervous going into a tight corner, taking an extra lil breath feeling less than confident that the car is coming with me. I do not remember feeling this way with any other BMW I've driven to date.

~ She's quiet alright. Fast yes, but I'm not yet getting the visceral exhilaration I hoped for.

~Luxury is, by far, the best yet. I've had 7 series, 5, 3, x5, m5, thus far (2001 and up).

~A little too quiet for my tastes. I did enjoy the sound of the 2012 650i I tested, but this concept of sound is perhaps not appropriate for the 550i ?! Very appropriate for the 650 however.

I expect I will turn to Dinan stage 2 with added Dinan suspension. I will opt out of the exhaust for now. I don't want a luxury cruiser-ish sounding cheese-ball, if that should be how the exhaust might sound. There is a fine line between sport sound vs gone too far, for the nature of this car which for me sets itself closer to a 7 series than previous 5 series. Adding the exhaust might seem somehow inappropriate, given the less muscular look now.

I'm hopeful Dinan 2 will give me the thrill factor I seem to miss. I am however considering moving quickly out of this to an m5 or m6, as I can't see myself floating around in this hoping for the rush I may never find. My considerations when I was looking were also a 2012 m3, 2012 m5, but I opted for the 550xi because I prefer the all wheel drive features facing winter weather conditions.

Will the Dinan stage 2 and suspension help a brother out?
Your right... A 550xi with dinan is crap. I feel bad for you so I will give you 40k and take it off your hands
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer App
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Deviance Deviance is offline
Registered User
Location: Roseville
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg1871 View Post
The Dinan Stage 2 makes the car brutally fast. But alas the power is much better than the too soft suspension (even on Sport +). Car does not handle remotely as precisely or corner nearly as tenaciously as my 2009 550i M Sport did. That car was a twisties champ. This car is a stoplight and highway dominator.
I've got to ask, as I've only been on this forum for a short time but see the same complaint quite often. If you don't like the way the car handles (too soft) then why not just put some springs/coilovers on it? You're obviously aren't afraid to upgrade. To me the stock 5 looks like it's almost "lifted". Just looking at the pic in your sig it looks like I could fit my fist between the wheel and the fender.

I have the RD springs on mine and "soft" it is not.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:08 PM
sdg1871 sdg1871 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 939
Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan Stage 2 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviance View Post
I've got to ask, as I've only been on this forum for a short time but see the same complaint quite often. If you don't like the way the car handles (too soft) then why not just put some springs/coilovers on it? You're obviously aren't afraid to upgrade. To me the stock 5 looks like it's almost "lifted". Just looking at the pic in your sig it looks like I could fit my fist between the wheel and the fender.

I have the RD springs on mine and "soft" it is not.
I am running 45 series tires rather than the original equipment 40s and I'm concerned that lowering the car as the Dinan Springs do will cause rubbing given that I have the taller tires and their greater wheel circumference.
__________________
2012 Dinan Stage 2 550i xDrive M Sport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Cinnamon Brown Leather and Light Wood Trim. Major options are M Sport package, cold weather package, sport automatic transmission, active roll stabilization, premium sound, and side and top view cameras.

Dearly departed BMWs: 2009 550i M Sport in Carbon Black Metallic and 2003 540i M Sport in Titanium Silver
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms