Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 745li
Unhappy navigation

ok i have a 2003 745li the navigation drive in the trunk went out leaving me soundless nothing plays the cd/radio or no charming when the key is inserted or parking sensors but my question i found one online but its from a 2002 745li are they the same or compatible ?
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Donny A

Mein Auto: 14 Sierra, 13 Denali XL
The nav disc reader is for the navigation only even if you take out the cd everything should work besides the navigation's, most likely its your amp and or ask unit try to do a most reset by unplugging the oring in the glove compartment, its hidden inside behind a black door. try that and see if it works.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW E65 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboy View Post
ok i have a 2003 745li the navigation drive in the trunk went out leaving me soundless nothing plays the cd/radio or no charming when the key is inserted or parking sensors but my question i found one online but its from a 2002 745li are they the same or compatible ?
Yes, NAV computers/drives will be compatible, although the VIN wont match the car so BMW assist wont work anymore. It can be re-coded with the correct equipment.

Like the previous post, how have you diagnosed the NAV unit as being the cause?

My faulty NAV unit was unable to read discs and it could not eject them, this cuased the audio to pop and reset for a second every minute or so. I have since upgraded to the NAVI03 from a facelift E65, great upgrade!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:00 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: 745LI
I have a NavI for sale . Pm me if interested

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Old 06-20-2012, 04:40 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjohn24 View Post
Yes, NAV computers/drives will be compatible, although the VIN wont match the car so BMW assist wont work anymore. It can be re-coded with the correct equipment.

Like the previous post, how have you diagnosed the NAV unit as being the cause?

My faulty NAV unit was unable to read discs and it could not eject them, this cuased the audio to pop and reset for a second every minute or so. I have since upgraded to the NAVI03 from a facelift E65, great upgrade!
well thats what the shop told me i really dont know i think they just trying to get more money out of me and the disc wont eject i pushed the eject button it comes on foe a few seconds and shut off but they had my car for about a week talking about they waiting on the navigation drive they say its whats doing it

Last edited by blackboy; 06-20-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:42 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
I have a NavI for sale . Pm me if interested

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App
how much and will it have to be programmed ? cuz they talking crazy i seen on on e,bay for way less then they claim they getting one for like i said i think they trying to get more money but i wont be taking it there never again

Last edited by blackboy; 06-20-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaautocustomz View Post
The nav disc reader is for the navigation only even if you take out the cd everything should work besides the navigation's, most likely its your amp and or ask unit try to do a most reset by unplugging the oring in the glove compartment, its hidden inside behind a black door. try that and see if it works.
whats the oring ? and ask unit ? how does it look because i think i should go get my car because i was saying the same thing when they told me that like how can that stop all the sound in the car because for what they talking i can care less about the navigation working i just wont my radio and cd/cd changer and parking sensors to work and the little charming when the key is inserted back working i barely use the navigation anyway

Last edited by blackboy; 06-20-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW E65 745i
The loop is in the glovebox behind a panel where you get to the fuses. This will kill all idrive functions. Just unplug it to reset the modules in the loop.

It's common for the laser to become dirty, also the disc, If you drive around the same general area only a specific area of the disc is being read, this attracts dust, I had black marks on mine which was fine dust, the disc had been in there since 2002 though!

I know it's possible to replace the actual drive in the unit that's the main problem, I found a thread about it ages ago will see if I can dig it out.