Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Old 09-16-2014, 09:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW X3 Series
USB/SD/AUX/iPod car audio adapter

Iím searching for a car adapter to listen to music from iPod and Android smartphone and also USB sticks. Do you have any suggestions? Iíve heard some positive opinions about car kit AUX Link. Itís compatible with iOS devices, USB pen drives, SD, SDHC, MMC memory cards and devices with audio mini jack. Does anyone use it and can share his experience? Do you have better suggestions? Thank you!
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2014, 06:20 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 Series
I can tell you about my personal experience. When I took the decision to purchase car audio adapter AUX Link, I compared all the prices and it's really cheaper to purchase it at the official website AUX Car Kits. The adapter was delivered in just four days. At first I decided to try to install it on my own, but experiences some troubles extracting the OEM car audio. I didn't have necessary tools, so finally I had it installed in the nearest autotuning workshop. It took around 10 minutes. So far totally satisfied with this kit.

Pluses:

- supports iPod, iPhone, iPad, USB flash drive, SD, SDHC, MMC memory cards, but there is also a 3.5 mm mini audio jack for other mobile gadgets (MP3 players, Windows-based and Android-based smartphones, tablets, laptops, netbooks, PSP and so on).
- high quality sound
- you can use it as a charger
- with optional Bluetooth module can be used as a Bluetooth handsfree kit
- music control with buttons on the steering wheel and buttons on the car head unit (very convenient)
- supports all music formats
- delivery is free and fast
- occupies very little space and almost invisible
- now I can enjoy all my favourite compositions without carrying piles of CDs.

Minuses:

- a bit expensive as I also bought additional Bluetooth module to use the adapter as a Bluetooth handsfree kit
- couldn't easily take out the car radio so I had to go to autotuning workshop

But taking everything into account, I guess it's a good price-quality ratio. So from my point of view it's worth purchasing.