Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:10 PM

Mein Auto: '97 2.8 Z3, '01 330i
master key and memory seats

hey everyone,

going to the dealer with my 'o1 330i with memory seats so i wanted to know, can i program the keys to the memory seat settings so that when i unlock the car with a particular key the seats would move themselves in to say memory position 1? and then so on with subsequent keys? or should i just have them do it at the dealer?

Thanks for the help...
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to nickeltong
Mein Auto: 2004 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by slee421
hey everyone,

going to the dealer with my 'o1 330i with memory seats so i wanted to know, can i program the keys to the memory seat settings so that when i unlock the car with a particular key the seats would move themselves in to say memory position 1? and then so on with subsequent keys? or should i just have them do it at the dealer?

Thanks for the help...
Well my keys came preprogrammed so that when I lock the door while the seat is in mem 1 position, the seat will go back to mem 1 position when I unlock the door with that key. Just remember to distinguish the keys with the stickers they gave you. If this feature is not enabled, get it programmed in. Unless, of course, if you are the sole driver.

2004 330ci Cab, Ti Silver, Montana Grey, Auto, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Alarm, & Aux-in Kit.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Using SPF 45

Mein Auto: 2004 330Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by slee421
hey everyone,

Thanks for the help...
IIRC, it doesn't work quite like that. There are two memory features:

1) The seat buttons (1, 2, 3), which you program at the seat. This feature is on all cars with teh power seats.

2) Key memory--the seat will move to the position it was in when the key used to unlock the door last locked the door. So, if you get out, lock the door, your wife drives the car using the other key, and then you go out and unlock it, the seat (and side mirrors) should move the position you left it in. That position is independent of the memory numbers, so if you make adjustments from the memory position, those are retained (but not in the seat number memory button). This feature is activated by the dealer for each key (so, you can use memory on one key but not the other, which is helpful if you have more than two drivers).
Old 06-08-2004, 07:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanning machine
IIRC, it doesn't work quite like that. There are two memory features:

1) The seat buttons (1, 2, 3), which you program at the seat. This feature is on all cars with teh power seats.

2) Key memory--the seat will move to the position it was in when the key used to unlock the door last locked the door. So, if you get out, lock the door, your wife drives the car using the other key, and then you go out and unlock it, the seat (and side mirrors) should move the position you left it in. That position is independent of the memory numbers, so if you make adjustments from the memory position, those are retained (but not in the seat number memory button). This feature is activated by the dealer for each key (so, you can use memory on one key but not the other, which is helpful if you have more than two drivers).

Bring both keys and ask dealer to check your keys.

Orient Blue, Natural Brown, Black Top, 6 Speed Manual
Xenon, Cold Weather Package, Sports Package, Premium Package, Hardtop
Old 06-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 5/01 production 330Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeltong
Well my keys came preprogrammed so that when I lock the door while the seat is in mem 1 position, the seat will go back to mem 1 position when I unlock the door with that key. Just remember to distinguish the keys with the stickers they gave you. If this feature is not enabled, get it programmed in. Unless, of course, if you are the sole driver.
You've got this feature just a bit wrong...

Seat/mirror memory feature stores up to 6 seperate settings. The first three are the memory locations programmable with the buttons on the LH side of the seat. These will retain the stored settings until explicitly over-ridden using the M button.

The 4-6th saved setting is the current position of the seat and mirrors when the car is locked using the remote on the key (up to 3 different keys can be separately stored). This is not the same as the 3 saved setting locations on the seat buttons. It is a completely separate storage location. If you do not have key-specific seat memory activated, you can not access this feature.

If you do, then the seat and mirrors will return to whatever position they were in when the car was last locked, with that key, via the remote transmitter. These stored settings are completely independent of the three buttons on the side of the seat.