Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:35 PM

Mein Auto: X3
2013 x3 cargo liner options

What do you guys think about cargo liner options for the 2013x3? Is the oem liner with the collapsible box for around $100 worth it? The $240 tray looks nice, but I'm not too eager to spend that much. (does anybody have a lead on how to get these oem accessories cheaper?) The weather tech one looks nice and is cheaper, but I can't seem to find one being made for the 2013. Any other options you guys know of?
Ads by Google
Old 07-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Several choices out there:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...x3+cargo+liner

Anything that fits the 2011 model will fit the 2013 model. I have the BMW cargo liner with the folding box and love it. Highly recommend it.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:41 AM

Check the site sponsors. At least one,Tischer BMW, sells discounted BMW parts online. See http://www.getBMWparts.com. Many dealers sell parts to members of the BMW Car Club of America at a discount. See http://www.bmwcca.org
Old 07-25-2012, 05:54 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 3.0d Msport
I bought (post-purhcase) the BMW liner with the crappy box. Whilst it doesn't quite deal with the rear right hand small drop down area near the boot lid, it's very good for protection. It also has some flappy piece of pvc that can be pulled out and drapes over the bumper/fender. Not that I've used that yet mind ...

Poor box, he's OK really. Just needs some extra super glue ;-)

J
Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
^^^^^ Me too but I don't even have room for the box as I have a dog crate in there. But the rubber mat is perfect. And the flappy fold out piece is stupid cuz it folds out from underneath so you have practically remove the mat to pull it out and use it-which in my case is impossible with the dog crate. I had my bumper clear masked and keep a towel back there to lay over the bumper. Was it worth $200 or whatever it cost? Hell no, but it is what it is and it costs what it costs and I have a rubber mat that is protecting my cargo floor.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 AM
///Mpty pockets

Mein Auto: wankermatic
The WeatherTech liner seems better thought out than BMW's - and it fits perfectly.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:36 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 330d xDrive Touring
The folding box is rubbish - held together with self adhesive Velcro which failed straight away. Have now taped box all round to hold it in place but obviously no longer folding. Very poor quality but cargo mat fine so would have forgone box for a cheaper price.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:04 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
The WeatherTech liner seems better thought out than BMW's - and it fits perfectly.
Do you know if he weather tech one is available for the 2013? I tried a couple of searches on the interwebs and only see the ones for earlier model years- some of which give the warning before I purchase that it won't fit the 2013 x3
Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer-n-treats View Post
Do you know if he weather tech one is available for the 2013? I tried a couple of searches on the interwebs and only see the ones for earlier model years- some of which give the warning before I purchase that it won't fit the 2013 x3
Any weather tech mat that fits the 2011 & 2012 will fit the 2013 year model. Nothing has changed in the cargo area since the 2011 refreshed model came out. Just stay away from anything from 2010 back. If you look at the ebay link I gave you in my previous post, you will see the weather tech liner that will work for a 2013 X3.