Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:11 AM
pavej pavej is offline
Black/Black X5D 3.0 20s
Location: Alexandria
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: X5 Diesel 3.0
Price Check (to see if I overpaid)

Hi All,

New to BimmerFest, but love it already. In fact, I got my wife on it too because the car is for her!

I paid $55,900 out the door for the following:
X5 - $50,450
tax - 3.2% (VA)
Maintenance Pkg Extension - $2495 though 8/14 (car started service 8/10)
Bumper to Bumper - through 8/12, with option to extend @ $1800 (not included in price)
Tire care package - $495
BMW all weather matts - free

2011
20k miles
X5D 3.0
Metallic Black Paint (?) / Black Nevada Leather
Sport Package
Technology Package
Cold Weather Package (heated seats/steering)
Panoramic Sunroof
20" wheels (wide tires - I guess that is part of the 20" pkg?)

How did I do?

Last edited by pavej; 06-27-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Not finished
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 AM
tonka858 tonka858 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: san diego
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 340
Mein Auto: 2011 x5d
If its a 2011 the maintenance is covered for the first 4 years why would you need to buy it?
1800 for extended how many miles/years that good for?

and what is the tire package?

prices seems high with those miles though.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:01 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,182
Mein Auto: German
You probably could have gotten a new one for a little bit more. MY12, since they have the $4,500 EcoCredit
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 AM
jashearer jashearer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Gold Coast, QLD
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 742
Mein Auto: Holden Wagon & Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
You probably could have gotten a new one for a little bit more. MY12, since they have the $4,500 EcoCredit
Word... you could have stayed under $60k out the door ordering a new one heavily optioned...

Jay
__________________
Rover - 2013 Holden Commodore SV6 Sedan
Clark - 2013 Holden Commodore Sport SV6 Wagon
Brumby - 1955 Holden FJ Ute
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:33 AM
pavej pavej is offline
Black/Black X5D 3.0 20s
Location: Alexandria
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: X5 Diesel 3.0
Thanks, guys. I figured that would have been the case. They kept reinforcing the fact that it would have been $75k, but I guess that's for the 4.8L Gas version.

I looked at it as on the spot purchase vs. going in and ordering one (whcih it seems I should have done). Unfortunately, my wife sold her car because we fell in love with it, but a new one would have been ideal.

I extended the maintenance for another 2 years because it was set to expire in 8/12.

The tire care package takes care of any damage to the rims. At least 2 of my friends mentioned that it was a "must have."

Exactly how much would a new 2012 x5d be out the door, with the abovementioned options?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 AM
tribecaX5 tribecaX5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 121
Mein Auto: '11 X5 35d
It would have been probably close to $70K so don't have second thoughts. If you're happy with the car and how it drives then it's all good man. That's all that matters.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 AM
ductman's Avatar
ductman ductman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Eastern Pa
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 776
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D /2011 M37X
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavej View Post
Thanks, guys. I figured that would have been the case. They kept reinforcing the fact that it would have been $75k, but I guess that's for the 4.8L Gas version.

I looked at it as on the spot purchase vs. going in and ordering one (whcih it seems I should have done). Unfortunately, my wife sold her car because we fell in love with it, but a new one would have been ideal.

I extended the maintenance for another 2 years because it was set to expire in 8/12.

The tire care package takes care of any damage to the rims. At least 2 of my friends mentioned that it was a "must have."

Exactly how much would a new 2012 x5d be out the door, with the abovementioned options?
With the above mentioned options, and all credits, seems like a 64-65k MSRP, probably could have purchased for 56 or so, was the vehicle a CPO with the extended warranty ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:41 AM
tribecaX5 tribecaX5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 121
Mein Auto: '11 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by ductman View Post
With the above mentioned options, and all credits, seems like a 64-65k MSRP, probably could have purchased for 56 or so, was the vehicle a CPO with the extended warranty ?
How does anyone negotiate from $64K to $56? I should hire one of you guys when I purchase my new car and negotiate for me and give you a commission for it. I am so bad at negotiating.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:43 AM
pavej pavej is offline
Black/Black X5D 3.0 20s
Location: Alexandria
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: X5 Diesel 3.0
Ductman, yes, it was a CPO that had 2 years left on the maintenance care package, and I paid extra to extend it. It's really hard for me to believe that I could have got it for $56k, but you probably have done more research than me.

Tribecax5, thanks for the reassurance.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:43 AM
tonka858 tonka858 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: san diego
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 340
Mein Auto: 2011 x5d
maintenance is 4/50

not sure i would keep that for $2500..

long as you got warranty your ok..


what ever MSRP was figure first buyer got about 8500 off that price
guessing your car was around 63k new
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 AM
tonka858 tonka858 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: san diego
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 340
Mein Auto: 2011 x5d
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavej View Post
Ductman, yes, it was a CPO that had 2 years left on the maintenance care package, and I paid extra to extend it. It's really hard for me to believe that I could have got it for $56k, but you probably have done more research than me.

Tribecax5, thanks for the reassurance.
avg price paid when eco was 3500 was 8500 off msrp ..

mine was 67 got it for 59

to bad your not in San Diego i would of gladly sold you mine
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 AM
pavej pavej is offline
Black/Black X5D 3.0 20s
Location: Alexandria
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: X5 Diesel 3.0
Tonka, yes, the MSRP on the car was listed at $63750, I have the original sticker. I extended the care package to 8/14 (another 2 years) / 100k miles.

It was a lease, than purchased (same owner), then traded up. Tribecax5 is right, I should hire you guys to negotiate!

Last edited by pavej; 06-27-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: forgot to add sentence
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 AM
tonka858 tonka858 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: san diego
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 340
Mein Auto: 2011 x5d
i would most likely return the maintenance 2500 seems very high.

all that matters is your wife is happy..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
serge1's Avatar
serge1 serge1 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: seattle
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 686
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 35D
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecaX5 View Post
How does anyone negotiate from $64K to $56? I should hire one of you guys when I purchase my new car and negotiate for me and give you a commission for it. I am so bad at negotiating.
Believe it or not, there's not much negotiating when you have all the numbers, and (more importantly) the salesguy knows you have done your homework.

I got mine for 9K off MSRP, after credits and discounts. Negotiating took less than 5 minutes over email. I named my price, he named his, we met somewhere in the middle, where I was comfortable (and actually expecting). Then, the salesguy threw in floormats for free. Stopped by the next day, signed papers, and drove away happy.

P.S. if you are too much of a nice guy to negotiate, pick me, pick me!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:24 PM
smyles smyles is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavej View Post
Maintenance Pkg Extension - $2495 though 8/14 (car started service 8/10)
Bumper to Bumper - through 8/12, with option to extend @ $1800 (not included in price)
The original warranty and maintenance are both 4 yrs./50K, so they would carry you thru 8/14 anyway (unless you exceed 50 K sooner). If it's CPO, warranty coverage thru 8/16 should be already included in the price.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:51 PM
X5FX X5FX is offline
Stargate Champion
Location: inside my X5
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 174
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavej View Post
Tonka, yes, the MSRP on the car was listed at $63750, I have the original sticker. I extended the care package to 8/14 (another 2 years) / 100k miles.

It was a lease, than purchased (same owner), then traded up. Tribecax5 is right, I should hire you guys to negotiate!
The original warranty is for 4 years, not 2. You shouldn't have to pay to extend it.
If you cant get $9k off a new diesel today you didnt ask...there is a $4500 eco credit alone.
__________________
2013 X5 35i M Sport
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
ard ard is offline
Resident Curmudgeon
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,666
Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecaX5 View Post
How does anyone negotiate from $64K to $56? I should hire one of you guys when I purchase my new car and negotiate for me and give you a commission for it. I am so bad at negotiating.
Yes. Some of us think it is great sport...

But I can see a sort of frustration or disillusionment with members who hear and see these 'deals', yet cannot close their own....

The way you negotiate from 64 to 56 is simple:

You MAY not!

These cars are fungible- you need to not care WHO sells it, nor exactly WHEN...this is HOW you get the deals.

But once you set any one of those three constraints, your ability to negotiate is reduced. Ultimately everyone who gets a great deal (unless they were just lucky) winds up shopping multiple dealers until they find one that takes their deal.
__________________
Keep it as simple as possible...but no simpler.

Last edited by ard; 06-27-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Talstar Talstar is offline
Registered User
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 68
Mein Auto: '12 X5 35D White
I am on my second BMW and have learned to negotiate better each time. All that matters in the end is you and your wife have a great ride. When your ready for another vehicle there are some great people here that will help you with your purchase.
__________________
2012 white X5 D
Retired: Space grey 2011 335D
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 PM
z51vette z51vette is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 360
Mein Auto: 13 X5 50i M-Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecaX5 View Post
How does anyone negotiate from $64K to $56? I should hire one of you guys when I purchase my new car and negotiate for me and give you a commission for it. I am so bad at negotiating.
To give you an example, My car had an MSRP of $65,455. I payed $53,135 for it. Factory ordered to my specs.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 PM
z51vette z51vette is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 360
Mein Auto: 13 X5 50i M-Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavej View Post
Hi All,

New to BimmerFest, but love it already. In fact, I got my wife on it too because the car is for her!

I paid $55,900 out the door for the following:
X5 - $50,450
tax - 3.2% (VA)
Maintenance Pkg Extension - $2495 though 8/14 (car started service 8/10)
Bumper to Bumper - through 8/12, with option to extend @ $1800 (not included in price)
Tire care package - $495
BMW all weather matts - free

2011
20k miles
X5D 3.0
Metallic Black Paint (?) / Black Nevada Leather
Sport Package
Technology Package
Cold Weather Package (heated seats/steering)
Panoramic Sunroof
20" wheels (wide tires - I guess that is part of the 20" pkg?)

How did I do?

Wow, yea I'd say you overpaid. See my post above.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 AM
tribecaX5 tribecaX5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 121
Mein Auto: '11 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by z51vette View Post
To give you an example, My car had an MSRP of $65,455. I payed $53,135 for it. Factory ordered to my specs.
That is a great price. I went and I built my dream 35d on bmw website and it came out to about $73,000K msrp. How much would you expect to pay for it? I know currently there is that $4300 eco discount or something like that. So that brings it down to about $69,000. I think if I were to spend $70,000. For that price and fully loaded, I would probably go with a Porsche Cayenne Diesel that is coming to US in September.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-28-2012, 05:11 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,182
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecaX5 View Post
That is a great price. I went and I built my dream 35d on bmw website and it came out to about $73,000K msrp. How much would you expect to pay for it? I know currently there is that $4300 eco discount or something like that. So that brings it down to about $69,000. I think if I were to spend $70,000. For that price and fully loaded, I would probably go with a Porsche Cayenne Diesel that is coming to US in September.
Low $60s would be achievable.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Kzang's Avatar
Kzang Kzang is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,843
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecaX5 View Post
That is a great price. I went and I built my dream 35d on bmw website and it came out to about $73,000K msrp. How much would you expect to pay for it? I know currently there is that $4300 eco discount or something like that. So that brings it down to about $69,000. I think if I were to spend $70,000. For that price and fully loaded, I would probably go with a Porsche Cayenne Diesel that is coming to US in September.
First off.. you need to know what the invoice pricing is... and then you start negotiating from there... NOT the other way around from MSRP.. Knowledge is power.
__________________
2013 X5 35i Premium, Space Gray, Cinnamon Brown Leather, Dark Bamboo wood trim, Conv. Pkg, CWP, Multi-contour seats, Running board, BMW App. Space saver tire.
Previous Cars
2010 535i - Deep Sea Blue w/ NBD Leather, Bamboo Anthracite WT, Sport Auto Trans w/ Paddle shifter, Sports Pkg, PP, CWP, Nav, HD Radio, Ipod.
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Grimnebulin Grimnebulin is offline
Registered User
Location: Sacramento
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 55
Mein Auto: S2000-MINI JCW-X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
First off.. you need to know what the invoice pricing is... and then you start negotiating from there... NOT the other way around from MSRP.. Knowledge is power.
+1.

Anyone looking to buy new should check out this site first. BMW Config. It shows your car's MSRP and Invoice Cost to the dealer - so add $500-1,000 over factory invoice and be done.

Last edited by Grimnebulin; 06-28-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-28-2012, 07:25 AM
tonka858 tonka858 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: san diego
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 340
Mein Auto: 2011 x5d
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecaX5 View Post
That is a great price. I went and I built my dream 35d on bmw website and it came out to about $73,000K msrp. How much would you expect to pay for it? I know currently there is that $4300 eco discount or something like that. So that brings it down to about $69,000. I think if I were to spend $70,000. For that price and fully loaded, I would probably go with a Porsche Cayenne Diesel that is coming to US in September.
If you are even thinking of spending that go Porsche..
way better car
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
new x5 diesel, price 35d, price advice, x5d


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms