Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:18 AM
GT = hi&bye

Mein Auto: 550i gt
Pic of bulb...

Yes, they are 6000K White. Similar to eBay item no. 370872340002. Or see pic. Except in the footwell, I used T10/194 bright white strips. Sold by jwmotoring.

It has been a year now and I haven't replaced a single bulb, or strip.

I am interested to see what the T10/194 OEM BMW LED bulb looks like. Anyone have a pic?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LED bulb.png
Views:	46
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	400093  
Old 10-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550
thanks GT....

I am thinking that dropping down to a 3 or 4 led "bulb" may be the way to go along with a warmer (3000-4000) white.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3led.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	400095   Click image for larger version

Name:	4led.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	400096  
Old 10-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550
I will check clearances of housings for the OE bulbs and then order a few different LED styles in a warmer tone than 6k and report back with some pics with a goal of finding an LED replacement that is whiter then OE halogens and perhaps just a bit brighter than OE (without being obnoxious). This will likely take a few weeks as most bulbs come directly from China....
Old 11-03-2013, 11:29 AM

Mein Auto: M3
LEDs

Great post, thanks OP.
I will also repeat the same here that these LEDs are ON only when we need to see better into interior of the car and OFF when we need to see the amber lights.
The factors that are important for me to switch to LEDs are:
1.Lower battery power consumption (I will have to find out exact difference in current draw between regular bulb and LED)
2.Less heat while staying ON
3.Better visibility, more light output

My car has lots of interior bulbs that are not the same model type and I will have to check each one and make a list for what type of LEDs I will need to order and where to order from.
It appears that BMW LED packages are way to expensive compared to other web sources that can be obtained for less $, but I am not sure about quality so some more homework for me here.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:05 AM

Mein Auto: f07
I have one question about this. Removing the front center portion for the swap where the sunroof switch is how did you get this out of the headliner?! I am having a hell of a time and of course don't want to break anything in the process.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:27 AM
GT = hi&bye

Removing that console is tricky. Some have done it, others have had the dealer replace those bulbs.
For me, I tried to remove it, broke the clips (and still didn't get it off), and was forced to take the car to the dealership. They had to reglue and replace bulbs for me...ended up costing me $30 for the labor.
If you take the car to the dealership, odds are they won't charge you. They use a spatula-like tool to remove the console and it only takes them a few minutes.
I would rather be safe than sorry. Consider letting them replace those bulbs. All the other ones are a piece of cake.

Good luck!!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:47 AM

Mein Auto: f07
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt=hi&bye View Post
Removing that console is tricky. Some have done it, others have had the dealer replace those bulbs.
For me, I tried to remove it, broke the clips (and still didn't get it off), and was forced to take the car to the dealership. They had to reglue and replace bulbs for me...ended up costing me $30 for the labor.
If you take the car to the dealership, odds are they won't charge you. They use a spatula-like tool to remove the console and it only takes them a few minutes.
I would rather be safe than sorry. Consider letting them replace those bulbs. All the other ones are a piece of cake.

Good luck!!
Thanks appreciate it!
Old 02-21-2014, 01:49 PM

Mein Auto: bmwgt550msport
helo did yu change the door led lights ??
Old 02-21-2014, 02:02 PM
GT = hi&bye

Door lights? Do you mean the lights that are on the bottom of the door panel and reflect on the ground? I think they are also called puddle lights. Yes, those are T10 bulbs and can easily be replaced with LED.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:17 PM

Mein Auto: bmwgt550msport
No I mean the led on your door handles and do you now how to remove the headlight unit ?? Are the angel lights upgradeable thks malcolm

Last edited by madmachunting; 02-21-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:26 AM
GT = hi&bye

Those are already LED. From the factory, the lights in the door handles and the license plate bulbs are already LED. No sure why you would want to replace it with another LED.
I have no idea on the headlight unit. Perhaps another forum member will be of more assistance regarding the headlights.