Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:46 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Minor issues. Did any of you experience these?

I have a 2012 x5 purchased last August and had noticed a window issue on the fourth day I got the car. But, I didn't really bother to care until now. One rainy day, the window would creak when I roll down or up. Dealer said it's normal because of the window rubbing against the rubber with water in between and said that they cannot add lubrication. I never had this kind of problem in my previous car. Do you have this kind of issue as well? I thought there shouldn't be any sound for a new window.

Also, I have noticed that the mirror on the driver's side vibrates when driving on highway. I can feel it loose with my bare hand when I compare to another mirror on the passenger side. I brought the car to dealer this morning and was told that they could not duplicate the problem and they had to report to BMW to check the "bulletin". And, unfortunately, their computer was down at the moment because of the hot weather at 96 degrees so they could not report the issue at the moment. Should I find another dealer to fix the problem? There is nothing wrong with the power folding, but the mirror does vibrate when the car runs over a pot hole or something.
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Explain to the dealer if it is 'normal' then all 4 windows should make the same noise...since it is only one window, there is something about THAT weatherstrip that is causing a noise.

Also explain that it does not take a "bulletin" for a qualified mechanic to say "the mirror is not supposed to vibrate, lets order a new mount'.

Sounds like a lazy tech just wanted to clear their ticket and get you out of there.... have a chat with the SA, explain that you really need him to take some ownership here...

GL

A